Sehun: The Benson Mansion

These Men of Mine

Sehun was screaming in his sleep. Yun Suk came running into his son’s room to shake him from his nightmare.

“Sehun, Sehun,”

Sehun was flinging his arms around because he wasn't entirely awake.

“Sehun,” Yun Suk gave his son a firm shake

“Dad,”

“What the heck happened son? You have a nightmare?”

“Yea I guess so but it felt so real. Wait where am I?” Yun Suk chuckled at his son

“At home for now. Come on. You mine as well get up. It’s moving day,”

“Oh yea how could I forget that,”

“Don’t look so sad. This is a great opportunity for the both of us. Being selected as police in chief; well it can pay for your college,”

“I’ll pay for my own college. You need to pay the bills,”

“You let me worry about the bills and you worry about your schooling. I want you to have normal senior year,”

“Dad I’m being uprooted from the only friends I’ve ever known during my senior year. I can’t fully enjoy myself. There is nothing about this move that I will enjoy,”

“Your cousins live in this town. So you won’t be alone,”

“Jessica doesn’t go to school anymore and Krystal is one grade under me. Trust me it’s going to ,”

Yun Suk sighed. He felt bad for Sehun. He really did. The divorce wasn’t easy on anyone especially Sehun even though it had been 5 years and his mother had remarried and moved away. The only reason Sehun didn’t go with her was because he didn’t want to leave where he grew up. He wasn’t aware that they would be moving 5 years later and right before his senior year. Sehun begged his Dad to go on without him and let him stay with a family friend but his Dad didn’t want to live without Sehun. Sehun didn’t blame him really. He would be very lonely.

“Dad what are you doing?”

Sehun gave his Dad a confused look because he was staring off into space.

“I’m sorry son. I’ve always tried to give you the best. I know your life hasn’t been…”

“Stop right there. I’m the one who is sorry. I’m being a brat and you have given me the best life. I’ll try to make new friends where we are going and it’s only a year. After that I will graduate and move away anyways when I go to college,” he smiled at his Dad as Yun Suk chuckled

“How far are we talking?” he patted his back

“Oh maybe somewhere in New York or even Connecticut,” he laughed as they got ready to move

 

Seattle, Washington

 

Krystal kept looking at her phone every 10 minutes. She was excited to finally hear and see from her cousin Sehun. She lived with her parents and her older sister Jessica in a condo in the city. She had lived in Seattle all her life so she was used to big city life; Sehun however would not be. The house he was going to be living in was more like a mansion. It was the Benson Mansion to be exact. She didn’t know the complete history but it was built a long time ago and was actually a very popular landmark in the city. All she knew about it was that it was a popular bed and breakfast at one point till something terrible happened. People claim the place is haunted but Krystal never believed those stories. There is no such thing as ghost.

“Are you going to keep looking at your phone? Why don’t you just call him,” said Jessica from the table

“I will. What are you doing? Working on another case?”

“Well I am a lawyer aren’t I,” she smiled at her younger sister, “Can you make dinner? Mom is going to be coming home late tonight,”

“I can’t wait till Dad comes back from his business trip. He’s the cook in this family,”

“Just make something simple, will you?”

Krystal’s phone suddenly started ringing.

“Sehun?”

“I thought I was saved in your phone. And who is Sehun?”

“Oh it’s you,”

“Wow now I really see how you feel about me,” he laughed

“Hang up Kai. I’m expecting a phone call from my cousin Sehun,”

“Ay yes, I remember now, the famous cousin I’ve had to hear about for the past 3 weeks. The one that’s going to be living in the Haunted Benson Mansion. I feel for the guy. I really do. He has no idea what he’s getting himself into,”

“There is no such thing as ghost and you better not scare him when he comes to school either. You guys are in the same grade,”

“Don’t worry I’ll look after him,”

“Oh he’s calling bye,” she hung up the phone and answered Sehun calling

“Hey Krystal,”

“Hi are you here?”

“Yes we just pulled in. The place has…character. Why does it look like the Bates Motel?” she giggled, “Dad said it’s extra income. We have to fix it up first. That could take a decade,”

“Positive speaking young man,” said Yun Suk

“Tell Uncle I said hi,” she beamed

“I will. So what are you doing today?”

“Nothing much. Do you want to come over…oh wait you probably have to unpack,”

“Yes I do. I can’t slack on my duties the very first day now can I,” he laughed as he looked at his new home

It looked like a hotel back in the 50s or whatever. It was grey and brick and had tower like huge windows in the front with a wraparound porch. Sehun sighed. His Mom loved wrap around porches. She said it gave a house character. Well this was his home now.

“Sehun are you still there?”

“Yea Krystal. Look I guess I’ll see you tomorrow for school,”

“Yes I can’t wait. Sleep well,”

Sehun walked into the place with his mouth wide open. To say the place was grand would not do it justice.

“How did you find a place like this?”

“My brother. He is in real estate. He’s on a business trip otherwise he would be here,”

The entrance had old Victoria carpet with a large service desk in the front. To the right side was an open room with an old bookshelf and dark blue curtains. To the left was the massive stairs case that went on for what seem like eternity and the family room to the left had those same dark blue curtains with a huge fire place.

“How are we going to maintain a place like this?”

“One day at a time. Let’s move in,” Yun Suk smiled at Sehun who sighed again

 

Aileen looked out the window at the boy and his father. She smiled as she rejoiced. She was no longer alone. She would finally have a family living in her old house. Aileen was intrigued as she stared at the boy. He was about 5’ 11” with dirty blond hair. He was Asian though. She shook her head; different times. It wasn’t 1995 anymore so kids probably still dyed their hair whatever color they wanted.

 1995. It seemed like it was still 1995. She was 16 that summer and had a crush on an older boy. He was more of a man. He treated like she was older than 16. He promised her things and showed her things. It seemed like he was willing to give her the world and she was stupid to think he would. He didn’t though. He betrayed her and left her to die here; to haunt this place for eternity.

“Dad I’m going to check out the rooms now. How many rooms are there?”

“A lot,”

“Great,”

Aileen heard voices and hid. Sehun opened the door to the room she was in and looked around.

“Home sweet home…I guess,”