Xiumin

These Men of Mine

Aileen got that gut feeling in her stomach. Intuition stepped in and overtook her senses. Dread stepped in as well as many horrific scenarios plagued her mind. What would her Mother say? What would his Mother say? What would his band mates think? Screw his band mates; what would the fans say? Those fans who still truly hadn’t accepted her; well some did but they were mostly international fans who didn’t care about race color but some or it felt like most of the Korean fans hated her guts. And for what? Because she fell hard for this incredible man; this loving man, Kim Minseok also known as her cream puff, the love of her life. Aileen shook her head as the dread seeped further in her mind. Positive thinking, positive results. That’s what she told herself. She was getting married to him soon but maybe being pregnant wasn’t ideal for anyone hence her current state of mind.

First she had to get a pregnancy test to even see if she was pregnant. To go alone or not? It was best to send someone in her place instead of causing unnecessary drama in her already complicated life. She called the one person she could trust with this kind of information.

“Yoo Jung unnie I need you. Could you do me a favor?” Aileen was practically whispering

Yoo Jung put on her clothes and quickly made her way to the drug store. Even though she learned English in school; actually having to use it in everyday life was totally different. She was one of the managers of Exo and they were in New York City right now recording an album. She truly loved Aileen like a sister so when she told her of her predicament Yoo Jung was happy to help. Once she found the pregnancy test she rushed back to Aileen’s flat so she could take the test.

 

5 hours later

 

Sweat dripped down her face as she sat in silence. She continued to bite the inside of as she continued to look at the clock waiting for her fiancé to come home. Suddenly she heard loud laughing coming from outside the door. She gulped as the door opened revealing all of Exo. The boys had a knack for impeccable timing. This would be the night they decide to visit with them. She put a fake smile on her face as the boys came into view.

“Noona looking gorgeous as usual,” Chanyeol hugged Aileen and kissed her cheek

“Ay thank you sweetie,” she smiled as Minseok went to her next

Aileen held her breath as he stared her down. He smiled as he s his arms around her waist and held her close. He kissed her neck slowly as she clung to him.

I’m not gonna cry. I’m not gonna cry. She thought to herself. She didn’t let him go as quick as she thought she should and he noticed. She was tense.

“Are you ok babe? You’re shaking,” he pulled from her and took her face in his hands

“I have something to tell you and it can’t wait,” silence engulfed the entire room

Have you ever heard your heartbeat? Can a person actually hear their own heartbeat? Aileen felt like she could as she stared at her fiancé who had a rather calm expression on his face. He could tell it was important or she would have shouted it out by now. He led her to the couch.

Heartbeat.

Heartbeat.

Heartbeat.

Heartbeat.

She frowned and bit her bottom lip. The other boys went unnoticed to the couple even though they were still in the room.

Heartbeat.

Heartbeat.

Heart… “Aileen please speak…”

“I’m pregnant,” she didn’t let him finish

Utter shock, delusion, fear, worry, confusion, happiness, more fears and worries. All those emotions trailed Minseok’s mind as his lovely wife to be just announced to him that they were having a baby. A baby. Their baby. The baby that they were having. He furrowed his brows; she took it as a negative thing as she got up quickly. Tears formed in her eyes as she looked at Minseok frowning at the fact that they were having a baby.

“You don’t want this baby?” her cracked voice alarmed the older man as he quickly stood up and held her

“I’m sorry baby that was my thinking face. I was thinking. Stop crying. I want our baby,” he smiled and laughed as he kissed her wet salty cheeks

“I’m scared,” she said

“I’m scared too,” said a serious Baekhyun, “What are the fans going to do?”

Exo had a large problem with sasaeng “fans” and if they found out about this; well things won’t turn out good.

“For now we’ll keep this to ourselves and we have to officially go to a doctor to make sure you’re truly pregnant,” said Minseok

“What about your parents?” asked Kai

“Well I know for a fact that Mrs. Banks wants grandkids,” said a smiling Chen

“As for my Mother well she’ll have to get used to it though I think she’ll be please so will Dad,” said Minseok as he tried to reassure Aileen

“Ok,” she kissed him

“You do realize this is Exo’s first baby by the oldest Hyung. This is pretty special,” said Suho as everyone agreed

 

3 days later

“I’m so happy for you two,” said Eun Bi

“You are?”

“Aileen don’t sound so shocked. These things happen sometimes and it’s not like you two aren’t getting married this year. The wedding might have to be pushed back till after the baby. We don’t want you to have a post baby bump,”

“I don’t really care,” she laughed at her mother in law

“Well we care so I and your mother will plan everything. You just worry about having a healthy baby,”

“Ok. I just know you’re going to send some herbal tea to me, right?”

“Of course. I’ve already sent it off. I hope it’s a girl,”

“We want a boy,”

“Boys are nice but with girls you can dress them up in cute little pink dresses,”

“Oh come on, no pink. My daughter is not wearing pink,”

“Oh yes she is. Well that’s all she’ll wear at Grandma’s house then,” as soon as Eun Bi realized she said Grandma she squealed which made Aileen jumped, “I’m sorry. I’m just so happy for you two,”

“I’m really glad then,”

Later that day Aileen was lounging on the couch when she got a phone call from her own Mother. She was a little disappointed that they had before marriage but overall she was excited about the news. She told her that babies were a blessing from God and that they should cherish every waking moment. Aileen agreed with her mother and promised to keep her posted since her parents lived in ia 6 hours away.

After the phone call with her Mom that lasted 3 hours Aileen decided to take a nap.

 

Aileen was walking in the nearby area of Exo’s dorm. She was 3 months along and showing a bit. News had broken out that she and Minseok were expecting and the comments were mixed. Tons of people congratulated them but a lot of them also had horrible things to say. Aileen had to keep her head up and mind off the negativity because she knew only her baby and her future husband mattered; not those who wanted to hurt them. She thought she was strong until she came across some angry Sasaeng “fans”. Aileen stopped in her tracks when she spotted a mob of girls surrounding the gate to the boys’ apartment. She quickly whipped out her phone to call Sehun because she knew he was home.

“Pick up Sehun,”

Just then one of the girls noticed Aileen as turned red.

“Hey you !” she yelled at Aileen

Aileen was fluent in Korean so she knew what she said. All the color drained from her face once she was the center of attention.

“Excuse me,” she tried to move past the girl but she grabbed her phone and smashed it on the ground

“I’m f**king talking to you . You think you can just have a baby and marry our Oppa. He doesn’t really love you; monkey and that baby can’t be his. Who are you cheating on him with?”

“I don’t have to answer to you. Now move,” Aileen was in the girls’ face

“No , you move,” one of the girls pushed her to the ground and instantly Aileen thought of her child who was only 3 months old in her stomach

“SEHUN!” she yelled his name

“They aren’t back yet from their schedule. Something held them up,” the girls circled Aileen

“How do you even know that?”

“We have our ways. Did you honestly think you could come back to Korean pregnant and we would not say anything or do anything about it ,” the girl spit on Aileen

Aileen had had enough as she tried to defend herself by pushing the girl but another girl yanked her hair hard and the other girl slapped her face.

“Do you honestly think we care about you or this baby? Oppa needs to be free from you two and we know just what to do,”

Before Aileen could get up she saw one of the girls holding a bat. Aileen held up her hands to scream as the girl swung the bat aiming for her stomach….

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!” Aileen screamed so loud the boys came rushing into her room only to find Aileen hysterical.

“Aileen?”

Aileen flung herself in Kris’ arms as she clung to him crying, “Don’t let them hurt my baby please. Don’t let them kill my baby,”

“What are you talking about Noona?” Chen was too worried

“They were going to kill the baby,”

“Who Noona?” asked Baekhyun

“You guys weren’t home and they were waiting outside to dorm,” Aileen cried heavier as the boys realized who she was referring to. Baekhyun bit his lip as he went to hold Aileen

“It’s ok Noona. You were having a nightmare. No one is going to hurt the baby,” he rubbed her back

“There were so many and they took a bat…”

“Shhh. Don’t say anymore. We’re going to protect you. When Minseok Hyung comes back everything is going to be alright. You’ll see,”

“Where is he?”

“He had to make an errand,” he smiled at her and wiped her tears, “No one is going to hurt you guys. You have my word,”