Chen: Just Go With the Flow

These Men of Mine

8 months til D-Day

Aileen was on the phone nonstop planning the wedding with Nicole. Chen didn’t think she needed to do as much as she was doing; that’s why they hired Nikki to do the job. Chen sighed as Aileen was busy typing away on her computer. She had become cranky in the previous months and it was bugging him severely. His boys kept telling him that this was just as important as prom for girls and not to sweat it too much but he wasn’t listening. They should just go with the flow but he found that she couldn’t. He finally had to say something now before things got out of hand. Chen got up and slammed the computer shut.

“What the hell,”

“Hey watch the mouth woman,”

“Don’t call me woman. I was doing things for the wedding,”

“You’re always doing things for the wedding,”

“I don’t have time for this argument. I’m meeting the girls in a few hours to pick out bridesmaid dresses,”

“We need to have a talk now,”

“Chen I can’t…”

“NOW! Sit down,” he grabbed her arm and placed her on the couch

“Ok big man on campus. I’m listening. What do you have to say?”

“Who is this day for?”

“Us?”

“You don’t sound sure. Are you sure it’s about you and me or is it about impressing this coworker or making this family member happy. Babe it’s only one day and you act as if it’s running your life. It’s about you and me and celebrating with friends and family but if you continue to do all that work; because let’s face it we hired Nikki for a reason then I’m gonna pull the plug on all of it and we will go to the courthouse and do it that way. I don’t want to lose you to this American tradition that is slowly destroying my sweet, laid back girlfriend,”

“I’m so stressed,”

“You’re not supposed to be stressed. It’s supposed to be fun, right,” she had tears in her eyes as he hugged her, “Let Nikki deal with the Dj and the food and all the alcohol my relatives are going to drink. All I want you to deal with is your dress and your girls. You got it?”

“You’re so mature and manly. I kinda like you bossing me around,”

“Well I will be the head of the household so I mine as well practice,” he kissed her, “I love you and don’t sweat the small stuff,”

“But none of this stuff is small,” she whined as he smiled

“I think our marriage will be bigger than all of this,”

“You’re right, gosh I hate it when you’re right,” she kissed him back, “Oh and I love you too,”

“Now if any of the girls give you a hard time about what dress to pick, you let me know because Kai, Kris and Lay are dating 3 of them and they got them on lock,”

“They wish,” she laughed

 

3 hours later Aileen with 11 of her closest friends was bridesmaid dress shopping.

“Now before we start I want to say a few words. This day is about my little sister ok? Yes she will take your opinions to heart but the final decision will be hers. I’ve seen way too many bridesmaid shows where the girls lose their minds and think the wedding is theirs. We will not, I repeat will not have any kind of diva moments or egos running away. Do I make myself clear,” said Ashley with a stern voice as the 11 bridesmaids stared wide eyed at the older woman

“Gosh Aileen, your sister is so scary,” said Chloe who was girlfriends with Kai

“I’m aware. I didn’t tell her to say that but I’m kinda glad she did,” they laughed

The trip was very quick because they girls agreed to anything Aileen put them in. There was a little disagreement about the length of the dresses but to accommodate to some of the girls she allowed different lengths. But the top of the dress was the same. The wedding colors are sunflower and teal so here is what the girls will be wearing:

http://www.weddingtonway.com/products/lela-rose-140xx-bridesmaid-dress?sku=lr-140xx-sunflower

 

4 months til D-Day

 

Chen and Aileen were lying on their balcony in their lounge chair with their arms wrapped around each other. The day turned out to be nice after the weather man predicted lots of rain, instead there was lots of sunshine.

“I can’t wait to do this all the time with you. I’m so glad we got this apartment. Do you think my mom is still mad though?”

“Why would she be? This apartment was a on the hot list meaning it would have sold fast. We couldn’t wait 4 months till our wedding for it. We are just getting an early jump on living together but the whole 3 years we’ve been together we’ve never gone behind their backs to live together,”

“I just felt her fuming when we told her we were moving in together,”

“Baby we are getting married. Stop worrying about things you can’t control, ok? The look is not becoming of you,” he slowly kissed her lips

She broke the kiss and smiled at him, “I love you,”

“I love you too,”

 

2 Months till D-day

 

“Countdown wedding!” said Ashley

“I know,”

The girls were going for the last dress fitting. Today it was just the two of them because their mother and mother in law were bonding. Aileen wanted it to be just her and her sister anyways even though Granny begged to come. The girls laughed at the thought.

“Hurry up and put on the dress,”

“Ok,”

The consultant and Aileen went into the dressing to put the dress on. But they did not come out for at least 20 mintues. Ashley was beginning to worry.

“Aileen what are you doing in there? Come out,”

“I can’t,” she sounded distressed

“What’s wrong?”

The consultant opened the door and looked at Ashley with a worried look on her face

“I can’t zip up the dress,” she was crying

“What are you talking about? The dress fit last time,”

“Well it doesn’t fit this time. I have 2 months to my wedding and I….”

“What did you do Aileen,” she tried to close the dress but it wouldn’t budge

“Maybe because she was stressed; she has been snacking away,” said the consultant

Ashley stared at her sister who was thinking and maybe the consultant was right. She has been snacking lately.

“Oh no,”

“Aileen!”