Chanyeol: Can I Save You Part 1

These Men of Mine

Chapter 4

Chanyeol: Can I Save You Part 1

 

Aileen kept looking at her stepbrother Jongin look out the window as she drove them to school. Her mother had remarried a wonderful man 2 years ago named Kim Jangwoo and he had a son from his previous marriage Kim Jongin. Aileen was 16 when they started dating, Jongin was only 13 and boy did he give them a hard time. Poor guy was close to his mom. No kid wants their parents divorced then remarried. Aileen always loved Jongin, despite his attitude she knew he would turn around someday and he did. Now they are very close and even though she is older, he’s her protector.

“How does it feel being a sophomore this year Kai?” her nickname for him

“I’m fine,” he smiled at his Noona

“I heard Sehun is transferring to our school. That’s nice to have your best friend with you this year,” she pulled into the school parking lot

“Yes it is Noona,”

As they walked to the front steps Aileen spotted some of her friends.

“Are you going to be ok?”

“Stop worrying about me Noona. The bullying has stopped since I joined Exo this summer. Those guys don’t pick on me because I’m hanging with seniors,”

Last year Jongin came to her high school as a freshman and he was physically and verbally bullied. Aileen tried to intervene many times but those little punks had rich parents that were funding the school, so the school refused to do anything. Jongin refused to name his attackers so Aileen pleaded with her friend Chanyeol who was also a part of Exo to do something. Exo was the best dance crew in their school and the leaders of the crew were part of the popular crowd. It was a good thing Jongin was a phenomenal dancer.

“I’m glad. I’m glad I can finally stop worrying about you because I’m your Noona and it’s my job,” she hugged her brother as she walked to her friends and he went inside the building

Natalie Lopez and Chloe Rose were Aileen’s best girlfriends. They have known each other since kindergarten and now they were seniors together. Each girl got into their dream college so now they were enjoying their last few months of high school.

“You’re so cute with Kai. He is adorable,” said Chloe

“I love that little booger and now he’s a part of Exo, so I don’t have to worry about him getting beat up this year,”

“Gosh why doesn’t Kai just tell us who was doing this?”

“He’s either scared or he doesn’t want to be a snitch,”

“Boys will be boys,”

“Speaking of boys,” Chloe pointed in front of her

Hayden Christensen pulled up to the school in his new flashy car, wide smile and y demur. He was the most popular guy in school. Everyone loved him which fed his huge ego. He also happened to be Aileen’s boyfriend of 4 years.

“Gosh I’m going in,” Aileen gathered her things not bothering to turn around to see Hayden’s disappointed face

“Wait Aileen,” said Chloe

Hayden walked up to Chloe and a tight lipped Natalie.

“What the hell,” said Hayden

“Maybe she’s mad at you because you kissed another girl at Louis’ party,” Natalie gave Hayden a stern look

“I can’t help it if the girls love me and besides I didn’t kiss her. She kissed me,” he smirked

“It doesn’t matter. You didn’t push her off of you. It appeared that you actually enjoyed it,”

“You’re so dramatic Natalie. Just like my girlfriend,” he finally went into the school looking for Aileen

Aileen angrily opened her locker and threw her books is.

“Whoa, what did the locker ever do to you?”

Aileen knew that voice. Chanyeol Park was one of her dearest friends. She had known Chanyeol since 5th grade when he transferred to Atlanta from Korea. He knew very little English but they became fast friends. She taught him English and he taught her how to have fun and dance which was something he loved to do. So 7 years later their friendship was still going strong. He doted only on her though so sometimes Aileen wondered if he had a thing for her. She always laughed at the thought but never put the idea of being his girl out of her mind.

“I’m just mad,”

“Hayden” said Kris, who was Chanyeol’s best friend

“So you heard,”

“I was there. I saw and it ,” Chanyeol frowned. He did not like Hayden at all. He was snake and liar. He just wished Aileen saw that in him.

“I wasn’t there so I can only go by what Natalie said which she described it as horrendous,”

“AILEEN!” Hayden yelled her name

Aileen turned her back to Chanyeol and Kris to face a flushed Hayden.

“What?”

“Why are you mad?”

“Because people said you were kissing Colby Price and you enjoyed it,” she slammed her locker shut

“Babe who are you going to believe. Natalie who’s an actress, come on or me, who’s very sorry,” he sounded sincere

“Gee I don’t know. Should I believe Natalie who I’ve known since kindergarten or my lying boyfriend? You know there were many eye witnesses saying that you didn’t push her off of you,”

“Babe I was in shock and drunk. My reflexes weren’t up to par,”

“Please,” Chanyeol was pissed

“You got a problem Chanyeol?”

“Yeah I do. I got a problem with you. Why don’t be a man and own up to your crap,”

“Why don’t you mind your own business? Aileen is my girlfriend, not yours,”

Kris and Aileen tried to break the two apart.

“Chanyeol I got this,” she place her hand on his chest to stop him from attacking Hayden in the hallway. Hayden’s face darkened when he saw Aileen touch Chanyeol

“I’m just looking out for you,”

“I know and I’m grateful but I got this,”

“I don’t know,” he didn’t want her to have anything to do with Hayden

“You trust me, don’t you?”

“With my life,” he smiled sweetly at her

“Ok. I’ll talk to you later,” before she moved her hand away from his chest, Chanyeol grabbed it and held it tight

“Ok,” he and Kris reluctantly left the couple

Hayden was seeing red. He hated Chanyeol with a passion. He knew they were friends for a long time but this was too much. Now she was touching him. She shouldn’t be touching another guy especially in front of him. He couldn’t deal. He couldn’t control his anger. He roughly grabbed her arm and pulled her to the nearest closet. Aileen was in shock that Hayden handled her that way and in front of some people who started to whisper. Hayden didn’t let go of Aileen either until she shoved into the door of the closet, opened it and then closed them in the janitor’s closet.

“WHAT THE HEL…” she started to yell but he beat her to it

“Why were you touching all over him?” he was pissed

“I wasn’t touching all over him. What are you talking about?” she was confused as she rubbed her bruised arm

“Yes you were. You were touching his chest in front of me,”

“Omg Hayden. You kissed another girl for crying out loud. Chanyeol is my friend. So what? I’m not allowed to touch him,”

“No!” she had never seen him act this way and he sure as hell never put his hands on her

Hayden did a complete 360 with his mood suddenly. Suddenly his face was calm and he was gentle again.

“I’m sorry. I just love you too much to lose you. I’m so sorry about kissing Colby. Like I said she kissed me; that girl is strong and she wouldn’t get off of me. Look babe those people who said I liked it are trying to break us up. They’re jealous of what we have. We’ve been together for so long. People just don’t want us to be happy,” he hugged her tight, “I would do anything for you,”

Aileen started to feel bad about the way she treated Hayden. He was right. Colby is a fast girl and Natalie never liked him. Maybe she was jealous. She did love Hayden and he never did anything in their relationship to hurt her.

“I’m sorry I grabbed you too. I’m just so crazy about you. I’ve just been so stressed with school and colleges and work; I’ll never do it again. I promise. Can you forgive me?”

“Yea I forgive you,” she kissed him

 

Lunch time rolled around and Aileen and Hayden were inseparable. Jongin was looking on in disgust as he saw his sister affectionately kiss Hayden. He sighed heavily catching Sehun, Do, Baekhyun, Chen and Luhan’s attention.

“What’s wrong?” asked Sehun as he stuffed his face

“Why is my sister still with that tool even though she knows he cheated on her,” Jongin folded his arms

“Because that’s what happens when you’ve been with someone for so long. You believe him more than you believe those who truly love you and want the best for you,” said Baekhyun, “She’ blinded by love,”

“It pisses me off,”

“Why don’t you do something about it,” Sehun said

“I can’t,”

“Why not?”

Sehun didn’t understand. Jongin never revealed his attacker because his attacker was Hayden and his buddies. He knew Aileen adored Hayden and she probably wouldn’t believe him if he told her the truth. So he was going to take that secret to the grave.

“I just can’t, Sehun,” Jongin continued eating his lunch as the older boys looked at Jongin with worry

Chanyeol, Kris, Xiumin, Lay and Suho sat at the other table near Chloe and Natalie as they looked on in disbelief. Chanyeol’s heart was hurting the most. Aileen was such a smart girl. She was such a lovely girl. Why did she put up with Hayden?

“Dude you can burn a whole in his head with that stare,” said Suho

“I can’t believe it. Why is she still with him?” he asked

“Because Hayden is a great liar,” Natalie voiced her opinion

“Can’t you do something about this?”

“I tried but she’s in love so what can I do?”

“We have to try harder,” Chanyeol simply said as he looked on with sad eyes at Aileen continually to kiss Hayden

 

TO BE CONTINUED…..