Kai: It's You

These Men of Mine

Natalie and Aileen made their way to the auditorium to get good seats for the dance battle. They both attended UCLA and were sophomores in college. Natalie’s major was Performance Art while Aileen’s was Science. Yes Aileen was a science nerd. She had a good amount of friends because she was a friendly person but she just lacked confidence; especially when it came to the opposite . All throughout high school she stayed in her little circle of science and math friends. The only reason why Natalie was her friend was because they grew up together and Natalie really adored the girl who was one year younger than her.

“Are you excited,” Natalie asked while looking for her boyfriend on stage

“Yup,” she said quietly as she pushed her glasses up to her face

Natalie giggled at Aileen then she spotted her cousin Kai.

“Kai,” she shouted for him as he smiled at her and waved

“How are things with Kai?”

“We get along just fine. My aunt is very happy with Jang Woo. He treats her like a queen. Kai loves her too. He respects her. He even calls her Mom now,”

“Wow,”

“Yeah Kai has always been a good kid so I wasn’t worried. They are a family now,”

“So Chanyeol is dancing today? How is his leg?”

“It’s healed just right. I’m glad too because he was such a baby when he got hurt,” they laughed

The competition started with the rivalry team from Berkeley. They were really good; spinning, pop and locking and doing all sorts of tricks but UCLA was way better. They had the Triple Threat on their team. The Triple Threat consists of Kai, Chanyeol and Aileen’s all time crush Lay. She sighed as she watched him dance with such grace and ease on the dance floor. Lay was the most beautiful man she had ever laid eyes on. She remembers when she first saw him last year. She was a freshman and he was a sophomore. She was walking around campus trying to locate her classes before school started and she got lost. She ended up near the dance studio for the dancers. Lay was coming out of the building and he saw a cute petite girl with a confused look her face. He helped her out that day, a day she would never forget.

“Are you daydreaming again?”

“Huh?”

“Come on they won,” Natalie got up to run on the stage to her boyfriend

“Hey girls, so how did you like it?” asked Chanyeol as he kissed Natalie

“You guys were amazing,” said Natalie as she hugged Kai. He was smiling at his older cousin then looked at Aileen who seemed to be looking for someone.

Where did Lay go, she wondered then she felt an arm pulled her into a hug.

“Did you enjoy our performance Aileen?”

Aileen got bright red as she realized it was Lay that was hugging her. She couldn’t breathe, let alone speak. Even though he was covered in sweat he still smelled good.

“Aileen are you ok? You look a little flushed,” he touched her forehead with his hand

“No,” she shook him off, “I’m fine and you guys were awesome,” she smiled at him and he smiled back revealing his adorable dimple

“So we are going to celebrate at Club Funk tonight. You girls down?” asked Chanyeol

“I am,” said Natalie

“I can’t. I have to study,” said Aileen

“Oh come on Aileen you can study later. Come out tonight, please,” said Lay as he pouted at her. She paused and gulped at the older boy being cute with her

“Ok Lay,”

“Nice well we’ll see you guys later,” Lay and the boys left

“Isn’t Club Funk a 21 year old and older club,” asked a worried Aileen

“Oh no you don’t; you’re not getting out of this one. It’s 18 to get in and 21 to drink. You’re shy of your 21st birthday. You’re going,”

“But I don’t own club clothes,”

“I have something for you. We’re about the same size,” she smiled at Aileen, “And plus Lay wants you there so you have to go,”

“I don’t think I can handle it. I perspire when he’s around. My mouth goes dry and I can’t think straight. I know he’s gonna want to dance with me…I just…I just can’t handle this,”

“Yes you can. You just need to take that leap. I think if your outward appearance were enhanced maybe it would feel less stressful on the inside,” she took her glasses off and pulled her natural hair out of her bun

“Not that you were ever not attractive because you are but you look so different without these,”

“But I can’t see,”

“That’s why man invented contacts. Come on please. We have 6 hours before the club. Can I make you over tonight? Please?”

“I guess but don’t make me too y. I don’t want to draw attention to myself,”

“But you are y. Just look at you now. Don’t worry. I’ll be with you every step of the way. Lay is going to look at you tonight and drool,” she laughed as she linked arms with Aileen as they left

 

6 hours later

Aileen was staring at herself in the mirror at her out of this world transformation. She had been natural for three years so she had never seen her hair straight and curly but she was shocked how long it had become. Natalie broke her glasses so she had no choice but to wear the contacts she had brought for herself weeks again but never had the courage to wear. Natalie had dressed her in leather shorts with a white peplum top and leopard heels with a bright blue clutch bag. Natalie was wearing a tight neon yellow dress with emerald pumps.

“You look absolutely amazing,” Natalie eyed Aileen as she ran her fingers through her hair, “I don’t think Lay is going to recognize you at all,” she smiled as the girls got into the cab to meet the boys at the club

Club Funk was just getting the party started once the girls got into the club. The bouncer was eyeing Aileen therefore he let them in for free.

“I can’t believe that just happened,” said Aileen

“Girl you look good but then again you’ve always looked good,” Aileen was silent as she spotted the boys on the dance floor, “Confidence,”

“How? I’m shaking in my boots. I can’t think straight,” she looked around the club and found a couple of guys eyeing her as well, “Why do they keep looking at me? I can’t handle this. I’m going home,” she tried to leave but Natalie stopped her

“It’s ok. They are looking at you because you look good and anyone can have confidence. You just have to speak positive and believe it. Now repeat after me. I look good and I’m going to have fun,”

“I look good and I’m going to have fun,”

“Put a smile on your gorgeous face,” she smiled as Natalie linked her arms and walked towards the boys who were now sitting at the table

“Hey boys,” said Natalie as she watched Chanyeol, Lay and Kai look at Aileen with wide eyes and mouths gaping. She was too embarrassed to look at their faces.

“Hey Aileen, wow you look amazing,” Kai stood up and walked towards her

“Thanks,” she blushed and he smiled

“Hey you want to dance?” Lay grabbed her hand and led her out to the dance floor. Kai frowned slightly because he was about to ask her himself

“Of course he gets to her first,” he mumbled

“What did you say Kai?” Natalie asked him

“Nothing,” he smiled at his older cousin

Aileen was shocked Lay asked her to dance. This is what she wanted; to be with him; well she wasn’t really with him now but she really wanted to be and this was the first step.

“Lay I can’t really dance,” she blushed as he held her hands in his

“It’s ok. Just move to the beat and let me do all the work,”

The song Little Mix’s DNA started to play. The song was very sensual and y and Aileen just knew he would be dancing close to her. Lay was flawless as he made her feel very comfortable as he practically danced circles around her. During the bridge of the song Lay grabbed her face and made eye contact. Aileen’s heart was pounding so loud she was pretty sure everyone could hear. She was mesmerized as he looked at her and bit his lip. So the song ended and Lay suddenly pulled from her. He was back to being goofy Lay again. It was like he was two different people; which confused Aileen a bit. She blushed as they walked back to the table.

“I saw you two out there,” said Natalie as she took a sip of her drink

“I’m sweating,” Aileen accidentally gulped down Chanyeol’s drink which was straight Vodka, “Omg,”

“Wow Aileen I didn’t know you were hard core like that,” said Kai as she coughed as the liquid burned

“I thought it was water,” Natalie giggled at her friend

“It’s ok, here drink this water bottle. You’ll be fine. By the way I didn’t know you could dance like that?”

“I can’t. Lay did all the dancing. God he is so hot. I will never compare to him. I can’t dance like that,”

Kai furrowed his brows. He wished she would stop downgrading herself. She was a very y woman, even without the makeover. He just wished she could see what he saw. He liked Aileen a lot but of course she pined for another which broke his heart. He liked Lay, everyone did. He was a humble man who tries to please others. So he could understand Aileen’s infatuation with him. And he knew he couldn’t compete but he wanted to help her.

“Hey Aileen I’ll teach you how to dance,” said Kai

“What? Really?” her face light up

“Yeah, Lay will be putty in your hands,” he smiled at her

“Thanks,”

 

The next day

 

Aileen rung her hands as she arrived to the dance studio to find Kai practicing his y dance moves in the mirror. He was breathing heavy as he slowly gyrated sliding his hand down his body, grabbing his privates as he bit his bottom lip and ed towards the mirror. Aileen gulped and suddenly wondered what she got herself into.

“Oh hey Aileen, you came. Do you want to get started?”

He smiled at her which made her melt. She had never really seen Kai dance like this. She was slightly aroused which was so out of character for her. She closed her eyes and shook her head trying to refocus on the real reason she was here. She was sick of being known as the smart good girl who did nothing out of the ordinary. She wanted to appear y to Lay and learning this dance, along with her new makeover would help her confidence.

“Sure,”

Kai placed the chair in the middle of the floor as he sat down and called her over.

“Show me what you got,”

She gulped again as she tried to avoid eye contact. Kai chuckled and brought her over to him. He gazed in her eyes.

“The key is to look at me,” he sat down not breaking eye contact

His hands traveled to her hips as he pulled her on top of his lap. He his lips and….