Sehun: The Benson Mansion

These Men of Mine

Sehun didn’t know why he picked this particular room to be his. He just knew it felt comfortable and homey; if that made sense. He put his luggage and his boxes in the room and eased his way on the bed. He exhaled and closed his eyes. This was to be his home but only for a year. After that he would be going to college and leave his Dad to manage this place all to himself. He felt bad for his Dad. He would be lonely.

“Maybe I should make him a profile on eHarmony this week,” he said to himself

He didn’t want to think of his Dad being alone for the rest of his life while his Mom enjoyed married life again. He couldn’t fault his Mom for wanting to move on. She was a lovely person and she and his Dad still were civil to one another and he liked Jerry very much as a step-father but it still felt unfair.

Sehun didn’t want to dwell on the past so he started unpacking his things. He looked around the room. It was your normal bedroom except for the elaborate furniture.

“How old is this stuff?” he chuckled as he opened the wardrobe, “I’m half excepting Narnia to appear,” he chuckled as he place most of his clothes in there

He pulled out some blankets to change the sheets, “Who knows how long those have been washed. I don’t think I want to even sleep on the bed,” he pulled out his air mattress to make a bed on the floor, “I’ll clean those tomorrow,”

He looked at the clock and it read 9:30. He shook his head as he made himself comfortable for bed, “I can’t believe I’m going to bed this early but school is tomorrow,” he charged his phone and laid on the air mattress as he slowly closed his eyes

 

Aileen was totally intrigued. One could say it was love at first sight. What a peculiar boy. He just so happen to pick her room to live in. She was excited to say the least.

“There is hope yet,” she whispered as she got a closer look at Sehun, “Sehun,” she whispered his name. The name fell so easy from her lips as she smiled, “He’s the one to help me uncover the truth so I can rest in peace,” she sat on her bed

Sehun felt something. He sat up on his air mattress and looked around his room. Nothing. He wasn’t afraid but he felt something was in there.

“Hello?” No answer. Of course there was no answer. He felt stupid as he laid back down.

Aileen looked at him. Could he feel her in the room? All the time she was living in this house she had never encountered anyone. She had a few misses but she never had the balls to come right out. She got up from the bed as she walked closer to him. She sat down next to his air mattress to watch him breath. He breathed so beautifully. She smiled. She wanted to touch him so she did. Sehun felt something cold touch his cheek. He still wasn’t afraid but he didn’t open his eyes either. Aileen continued to touch his cheek; not that she could actually feel him. She withdrew her hand and went back to her bed and closed her eyes.

 

THE NEXT MORNING

 

“Hurry up Sehun. You’re going to be late!” his Dad yelled from downstairs
Sehun lazily got off his air mattress and looked around his room. Oh yeah; he was in his new home.

“Great I forgot we moved,” Yun Suk appeared at Sehun’s room

“Did you really have to sleep on the floor?”

“I didn’t. I slept on my comfortable air mattress,” Sehun said as he smiled and got up with his neck stiff, “Great,”

“Don’t worry. I’m getting new mattresses for this whole place today,”

“Don’t you have a job to go to?”

“Not till next week. My job is letting me settle in the house first. Oh and good news; Krystal is coming to get you for school,”

“I don’t need a babysitter,”

“It’s not that son. You have to take the subway,”

“I know how to read Dad,”

“I know you do but your sweet younger cousin wanted to show you around this morning. She is very excited you’re here and she didn’t want you to get lost. Humor her, will ya,”

Sehun smiled, “She’s probably planning my itinerary as we speak,”

“You know she is. By the way. Cool room. It seems very feminine but with a hint of a manly touch,”

“Who do you think used to live here?”

“I do know a family with girls but maybe they had a son too. Anyways we shall explore later. You need to get a move on,”

 

Krystal bounced her legs as she waited for Sehun to come out of his house. He finally showed his wonderful face and she smiled brightly.

“Oppa,”

“Hey don’t Oppa me, ok,” he hugged her

“You’re so tall Sehun. I’m glad you’re here,”

“I can’t say I’m glad to be here but I’m glad I get to see your pretty face every day. Which boys do I have to beat with a stick?”

“I don’t have any boyfriends Sehun,” she blushed

“Oh come on; a knockout like you,” he swung his arm around her as they walked to the subway, “Krystal you do know I can do this on my own,”

“I know Sehun but I want to spend as much time with you as I can. I know you’re going to college next year and I know you’ll be all the way across the country,” she smiled, “Let me enjoy you for now,”

“Don’t get sappy on me Krystal,”

Once they reached school Sehun was in a daze. Washington was so busy and the high school was no different.

“This is going to be an interesting day,”

“At least you’re here on the first day and not in the middle of the school year,”

“Dad thought it would ease the blow. I’m not even graduating with the people I grew up with. How is this going to ease the blow?”

“I can’t relate Oppa,”

“Krystal,” he gave her a look as she held her hands in surrender

“My bad,” she giggled

“KRYSTAL!” she turned around to find Chen and Kai coming her way, “Why didn’t you call me back,”

“I feel asleep,” Kai took her bag and put it on his shoulder. Sehun raised an eyebrow at Krystal

“No boyfriend huh?” she blushed again

“Kai this is…”

“It’s hard not to know who this is. Dude she has talked to me about you nonstop. I almost feel like I know you already. Kim Jongin but people call me Kai,”

“Sehun but people call me Sehun,” he said dryly

“Haha I like this kid already,”

“I’m probably older than you,”

“Trust me you’re not. I’m a senior too,”

“So Krystal likes older guys huh? Does Jessica know you’re dating a senior?” Sehun eyed Krystal

“I’m not dating him. Kai give me my book bag back please,” she held out her hand but Kai grabbed it

“Don’t deny your love for me, dear,” she tried to yank her hand away in disgust

“Stop teasing Krystal. Everyone knows it’s me she likes,” chuckled Chen

“Honestly you guys are too much. Let go Kai,” she frowned

“I’m Kim Jongdae. No relation to this fool,” Sehun shook his hand

“I take it everyone calls you Chen?” Sehun smirked as Chen smiled

Kai turned his attention back to Sehun after Krystal got free and got her book bag back.

“So you live in the haunted Benson Mansion,”

Krystal’s eyes went wide as she stared at Kai and Chen shook his head and chuckled.

“What?” Sehun asked

“That place is haunted. I hope your old man knows that. Sure you may get out of town enthusiasts who are about that life and you may get some here who want to stay there but most of us…”

“Kai shut up,” said Krystal, “There are no such things as ghost,”

Sehun squinted his eyes and thought about last night, “I don’t know Krystal. I think Kai may be right,”

“So you’ve seen the ghost,”

“No I haven’t but I felt something in my room last night. And then I know I felt something cold on my cheek,”

“Oh man what did you do?” Kai was really excited because he’s only heard stories but ever experienced it himself

“Don’t feed into this Sehun. You’ll only make Kai worst,”

“Shh, Krystal. Let the man speak,” Kai placed his finger over Krystal’s lips. She blushed even more as she swatted his hand away.

They made their way into the building to walk to their classes.

“Sehun, this where we part. See you later,” Sehun hugged Krystal as she went to meet her friends

“Where is the office?”

“Sehun right?” a voice said as the boys turned around

“Kris go away. I’ll take him,”

“Shut up Kai. I’m class president so I’ll take him. Run along now,” he flung his hand

“No Sehun was just about to tell me about his ghost encounter,”

“You’re living in the Benson Mansion?” he was shocked which Sehun didn’t know why

“Why do you look like that?”

“My Dad knew the family who lived there,”

“Great then you can tell me all about them. Did they have a son?”

“No just two girls. At the time they were living there they were managing the bed and breakfast. Leah was 11 and Aileen was 16,”

“What happened to make this place legend around here? I would like to know since my Dad wants to open it up again,”

“He can’t do that,” Kris looked at Sehun seriously

“Well good luck telling him that. What happened in that house?”

“Aileen was murdered in that house and it would be best if you two left right now before things get worst,” he warned him

“Look man my Dad is the new chief of police so we aren’t going anywhere and he just bought that place so it’s not like we can up and leave,”

“Didn’t you hear Kai. It’s haunted so no one is going to stay there,”

“Someone will; ghost hunters or something and plus I’m not scared of ghosts,”

“Well you should be,”

“Look man it’s not that serious all right. I encountered something last night and to be quite frank with you I wasn’t threatened, ok. I actually felt at peace,”

“Are you nuts?” Kai gave him a look, “Peace and ghost are not something I would put in the same sentence,”

“Look Sehun you seem like a smart boy so I’m going to give it to you straight. You cannot stay in that house. I’m warning you nicely right now. You have to leave,”

Sehun thought it was strange the way Kris was trying to kick him out of his own house. Yes he said it; his own house. He suddenly felt very protective of that place all of sudden and even the ghost that was walking those halls.

“Well since you’re the class president I know you’re smart so read my lips. I’m not going anywhere,”

Kris exhaled heavily and gave him a frown, “You have been warned,” he pushed past him and went on his way

“Dang Kris is weird on a good day. You just made an enemy,”