Forever-Pt.2

Cold Blood
“Around a year ago I moved into Jongno district with my boyfriend of 8 months, then, within 1 month he left me, saying that he kept receiving horrible pictures of himself in work and warning notes to leave me. After that I moved away to Yangcheon district, hoping that it was just some prank. However a month ago, when Jin asked me out, I told him what previously happened, but he said he didn’t care. I thought all was fine, but then I found pictures and warning letters in his apartment. I told him that maybe we should break up, but he said for me not to worry, he said that nothing bad will happen. Then around three days ago, we were supposed to meet in a restaurant by my work, however he didn’t show up, I called and texted him but nothing. That same night, when I was lying in my bed waiting for his call… I felt someone in my apartment. At first I thought it was him, so I pretended to be as-sleep, I thought he came to apologise. I felt him touch my hair and I was about to open my eyes, when I heard a voice…whisper to my ear”
 
“A voice?” Youngjae questioned.
 
“Yeah” She nodded, “I straight away knew that it wasn’t him”
 
“What did it say?” Youngjae continued to question curiously.
 
“You’re mine forever… so you don’t need anyone else” She whimpered “After whispering that he just left… ”.
 
-
 
“Seems like an obsessed stalker to me” said Cha Seon setting down her notes from the meetings onto her desk. “Just an obsessed stalker?” Youngjae questions, sitting down onto his own chair besides Himchan “From the dead body that I’ve seen seems more of a psychopath”. “I think so too” Himchan agreed.
 
“Where you going?” Youngjae asked Daehyun who seemed to walk in a quick pace towards past them.
“Motel” Daehyun simply replied, not even bothering to wait for the others reply.
 
“Aren’t you going with him?” Himchan questions Youngjae. “Why me?” Youngjae replied surprised, “Why can’t you go with him?”. “I worked with him last time, now it’s your turn” Himchan smiles slyly. “I still feel like this is unfair” Youngjae moans in annoyance, as he gets up, hurrying out through the corridor to catch up with the other.
 
-
 
“You didn’t have to come” Daehyun complains, as if asking for the other to get out of the car. “We have to work in pairs…” Youngjae replies “You would think that you would know this by now, after being with us for 2 months already”. “Well I don’t see anyone following us to make sure that we go around in pairs” Daehyun retorts angrily. “Ah” Youngjae sighs looking out the window “Do you hate me that much?”,Youngjae finally asks looking over to Daehyun whose concentrated on driving, and what seems in an obvious manner ignoring Youngjaes question.
 
Even though Youngjae was aware of the hateful feeling Daehyun had for him since the day they first met, having the argument in Anjeong village, made it far much worse. Daehyun went out in many ways to make sure to avoid working with Youngjae as a pair and purposely volunteering to work with anyone except Youngjae. It wasn’t as if Youngjae cared all that much, but knowing someone hated him this much and didn’t bother to hide it couldn’t leave him unaffected.
 
-
 
“Do we both just go in…together?” Youngjae asks somewhat unsure of what to do. Going to motel with a girl was normal, going to motel with a guy was… not normal. He turned to Daehyun for reply, who just shook his head in disapproval, before walking off first.
 
“Room 5 and that be 2,500 wo-” The reception lady began saying, in somewhat visible disgust. “Were not here for a room” Daehyun cut her short “Where’s the owner of this place?” He asked nodding towards Youngjae, who quickly took out his badge to show to the lady. “Wait here” She said, getting up from her chair and heading off through the door behind the desk.
 
-
 
After few minutes of waiting middle aged women came out, with make-up that seemed to be layered through the years onto her face. “How can I help you boys?” She asked smugly “We don’t offer any discounts just because your cops” she smirked.
 
“Keep the discount for yourself” Daehyun replied coldly “We are here about the body found in the dumpster”. “And how does this relate to my business?” she asks unpleased, with her expression growing annoyed. “There’s a possibility, the body was taken there through the gates, of which only your business has the keys to” Youngjae explained to her in a calm matter.
 
-
 
“Useless” Daehyun gave out a sigh as they exited the motel. According to the owner, the only person who possessed the keys to the gates was her husband, who had the keys attached to his car keys and has left to visit his friend for a week.
 
They began walking towards the car, making Daehyun stop in place, with Youngjae looking back at him puzzled.  
 
 
“Daehyun, Daehyun, Daehyun…” A cheerful voice could be heard. Daehyun turned around, somewhat chills going up his spine, with Youngjae also looking to see who was calling the other. “Aren’t you going to greet you father that you haven’t seen for so long and after all that I have done for you?” He smirked, making Youngjae get a somewhat uncomfortable feel in return, as he looked over to Daehyun, who didn’t seem one bit pleased with this encounter.
 
“Who’s that?” Daehyuns father nodded towards Youngjae, “Your partner?”. “Ah, Hello I’m Youngj-” Youngjae bowed slightly till he felt Daehyuns hand on his shoulder pulling him back up “Stop” he said as he gritted his teeth.
 
“You should be careful how you speak police” Daehyun warned the other, Youngjae finally being able to sense the thick tension that was present between the two, with his father’s sneer disappearing now, and turning into a cold look. “You still being a cop makes me feel sick. Just to think what I’ve done for you…” He raised his voice at Daehyun. “That’s wasn’t for me…” Daehyun began, then quickly stopping himself, “Go to the car first, I’ll come back soon” he commanded Youngjae.
 
Youngjae didn’t have to be told twice before leaving for the car. Even though he was slightly worried that the two may exchange a few punches, it wasn’t something that Youngjae needed to meddle in, seeing it being a family issue between the two. Youngjae waited impatiently for the next 10 minutes, at some point feeling the need to check if the other was still alive, before seeing Daehyun coming back.
 
There was an awkward silence for most of the ride back to the station, till Youngjae decided to end it. “About you being a cop and making him feel sick…” Youngjae began, with Daehyun wanting to cut him off, but Youngjae being quick to continue talking “even if he said that, he must have been secretly proud of you”. There was a small silence where Youngjae felt like he did a good job, trying to make the other feel better, till hearing the others reply. “He didn’t seem so proud when I was putting handcuffs on his wrists” Daehyun said coldly.
 
-
 
“As identified by his girlfriend and confirmed by the records, the victim’s name is Jin who was 31 years old, living in Mapogu district. Last seen by his girlfriend four days before his body was found in a dumpster.” Himchan reported to the Chief “For now we have Kim Bum and Cha Seon following her around.”
 
“From the marks around his wrists, it seems that he has been tied up by a metal string” Minki explained “As for the inside… he was first cut open, which seems to be a sharp and large bucther knife”.
 
“Acid was then poured in… literally burning away most of the insides while he was alive. From the density of the acid, it seems that it has been diluted with water, to make the effects slower” Kim Seong explained “The death should have been from 10-20 minutes, with death caused by the failure of main organs”.
 
“Another thing” Minki added, placing a plastic bag, with a small piece of paper on it “We found this inside his mouth, it reads ‘I warned you that she’s mine and mine only’”.
 
 “From the CCTV that Cha Seon and Kim Bum checked, they didn’t find anything” Himchan reported.
“As for the hotel” Youngjae spoke up “The owner has went out to visit his friends since the start of the week and it seems the keys to the gates are in his possession”.
 
“So the body magically appeared there?” The chief raised his voice in annoyance, to the lack of useful information that was being reported.
 
“However!” Youngjae raised his voice over the Chiefs “When we checked out the train station, they said five days ago, there was an obstruction on the rail tracks making them stop by stop, which is the one that leads to the dumpster” Youngjae smirked pleased with himself as he continued, “They said whiles they were checking out the obstruction on the tracks that one passenger got off saying he was in a hurry to have been in a hurry” Youngjae finished, then nodded towards Baek San.
 
“After checking the CCTV from the train, the man that got off was carrying a large luggage enough to fit in a body” Baek San reported, as he put up the picture on the screen for the Chief to see.  
“The face?” Chief questioned.
 
Baek shook his head “From the time he got on, to the time he got off, the cap was covering his face”.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

So first thing I want to say is SORRY for such a late update, but this case I found pretty boring... I have no idea why I went along with it... next one I try to think through better!!T_T

 
Im really not sure about this story in general anymore, either its just one or two people that are actually reading this story, or all the rest are silent ninjas that show up and leave with just the view count going up... (and even that makes me worried, as it feels like people accidently click on this story and then leave...T_T)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________