Hang-Pt.3

Cold Blood

 

“The building itself is at least 50 years old and around 10 years since it has last been used.” The police officer explained “it used to be used carpet factory, and they kept the stock in the basement. After it closed they just cleared it all and locked all doors to the basement” he continued “About the man you described to us” he looked down at his paper “we couldn’t find anyone with a record that looked like your described man. However we could hang up posters around the area”.
 
“I can’t believe we were so close to catching him and yet he still escaped” Youngjae gave out a loud sigh as he sat down on one of the couches in the corridor by the window and vending machine. “You’re saying it’s my fault?” Daehyun uttered, as he leaned on the window sill looking out. “Did I say that?” Youngjae asked annoyed “Can you not hate me so obviously for at least one day?”. Daehyun just glanced over for few seconds before turning back, and continuing to ignore the others question as if it was nothing. On the better side, even though Daehyun did not deny his hate for Youngjae, he did not exactly voiced it out either.
 
“Should we go ask around the neighbourhood?” Daehyun said glancing back at Youngjae, who was looking at him the whole time. “Let’s go then” Youngjae said, slapping his hand onto his thighs and getting up, “Let’s go”.
 
-
 
“I know him” the owner of a small convenience store replied after glancing at the drawn picture, “Why would are you looking for him?” she asked smiling at them, as she turned back to setting down the crisps onto the shelf.
 
“Would you know where this man lives?” Youngjae asked.
 
“Im not too sure” she said, “he always come here from that direction”, she pointed south with her finger “But why do you ask?” she now said in a serious tone.
 
“We are looking for this man in suspicion of murdering 20 women in the last year” Youngjae said, with the lady falling back, with Youngjae quickly grabbing onto her elbow. “This can’t be” She said astonished.
 
“Anyway” Youngjae continued “Thank you for your help” he nodded as he followed after Daehyun who had already left the shop. “So we will just go along this street and question anyone we see” Youngjae remarked. “Better than waiting” Daehyun said, brushing his hand through his hair “Let’s hurry”. 
 
After half an hour of fruitless strolling around the streets they finally found an elderly man who knew exactly who the man was. “Jin Seok Won” The elderly man said pointing at the picture. “Jin Seok won?” Daehyun repeated. “Yes” he man nodded “I’m sure it’s him”. “Do you know where his house is?” Daehyun questioned excitedly. “You just need to go up that hill, and it should be last house on that street”. “Thank you elderly” Youngjae bowed slightly, as they set off.
 
“I call for others to come down” Youngjae said, as they continued to walk up the steep hill soon reaching the last house of street.
 
 
The house looked grim and run down. It felt like the roof would cave in just from the smallest gust wind brushing past it. “Doesn’t look like anyone lives here” Youngjae remarked as he looked around. “Come on” Daehyun nodded towards the house, as they silently crept towards the door. Daehyun placed his hands onto the door knob slowly turning it, as the door opened with a slight push.
 
 
“I really don’t want to go in” Youngjae whispered to the other, with Daehyun taking a step into the dark house. “Be quite” Daehyun turned back to hush the other, when he froze. “What?” Youngjae traced off, looking behind towards where Daehyuns eyes were placed. There was a man standing with a bag as he looked at the two of them in surprise.
 
Before he knew it he was showed to the side by Daehyun who was now running after the killer at full speed. “Wait” Youngjae shouted out, as he began running after the two. It was a matter of seconds before Daehyun was able to reach the man, with Youngjae reaching him closely behind, as the two pinned down the man to the floor.
 
“Jin Seok Won” The officer reported, “both parent committed suicide after their company went bankrupt” he paused for a minute reading the next part from his report “This is not exactly confirmed, but rumours say he was bullied by other students when younger whose parents become jobless because of his parents. Apparently bullying involved them beating him up and trying to hang him several times. After finishing high school he moved to the current house where he has lived for the past 15 years”.
 
-
 
“Youngjae” Himchan ran up to the other “You’re taking a day off?” he said surprised. “Yeah” Youngjae just simply replied, somewhat annoyed by how the other was making a scene about it. “I don’t remember the last time you had taken one off” Himchan thought for a moment “Don’t tell me…” he smiled slyly “You’re going to go meet a women?” he said pleased with himself.
 
“Ah” Youngjae gave out a loud groan, “Think whatever you want” he said turning back to himself who was closely behind him, with a figure catching the corner of his eyes. Daehyun was silently looking over some papers, unknowing of what Youngjae was planning.
 
“I’m going” Youngjae said loudly for everyone to hear, as he set off down the corridor.
 
-Busan station-
 
“Daehyun?” The police man repeated, as he leaned back in his chair, with his thoughts drifting off. “It’s quite a story” The other said, leaning forward now, “I don’t think it’s something that I should be telling you or anyone else” he shook his head, allowing Youngjae to know, that he wasn’t willing to share the story of Daehyuns past. “The chief” Youngjae began, drawing the others attention and interest now “Said I should ask you…”. “He did?” The police man tilted his head, in somewhat a confusion, with Youngjae just nodding.
 
“Where should I start” he took a deep breath…