Hunter-Pt.2

Cold Blood

“I missed you…”
 
“What?” Youngjae said half asleep, as he turned towards Daehyun, trying to see what the other wanted from him. “Let’s just stay like this forever” Daehyun said in a low mumbled voice. “What?” Youngjae said, now pushing himself up with his elbows and looking at the other “Are you sleeping?” Youngjae asked, getting no reply. “Hello?” Youngjae called out to the other, now kicking Daehyun with his foot and the other becoming quite. Youngjae watched the other for a bit longer, seeing the other staying quite he laid back down to sleep.
 
-
 
“Ah” Daehyun moaned, as he rubbed the side of his leg, with Youngjae getting up too now. “What is it?” He asked, rubbing his eyes, and looking at the already pissed off Daehyun, though he had just woken up. “I have a bruise on my leg” Daehyun complained, as he continued to rub his leg, Youngjae looking for a while in daze, till his eyes grew wide and then back to normal, as a smile crept onto his face. “What?” Daehyun squinted his eyes suspiciously, noticing the others odd behaviour. “Nothing” Youngjae said cheerfully, as he got up “I’m going to wash up first”. 
 
-
 
Youngjae and Daehyun sat quietly by one of the office desks, neither saying a word. It was far too awkward; to just be sitting like this when there were police officers around, working at their desks. Youngjae wanted to at least talk to Daehyun about the case, but from the others facial expression it was more than obvious the other was in a bad mood. They sat like that for a while, with Youngjae looking at the clock, as he counted each second that passed.
 
“I can’t do this anymore” Daehyun snapped, as he got up, “I’m going to that forest” he said as he began walking. “Wait for me” Youngjae called out, now getting up too; even if he didn’t like the forest… or the village in general, being this bored felt like everything was far more better than just sitting here.
“Wait” One of the officers called out; making Daehyun and Youngjae stop and look back at him. “The hospital said that the patient has woken up” he said, taking the phone away from his ear. “Let’s go” Youngjae said somewhat excited by the news, maybe with her help they would be able to solve the case sooner and get out of this place.
 
-
 
“Let me do the talking” Youngjae said in a low tone of voice, with Daehyun squinting his eyes at him, with the obvious lines appearing on his forehead. “Why?” Daehyun asked, still looking annoyed at the other. “Because she must be still in shock…so…” Youngjae said, then began rubbing the back of his head, with a thin smile. “So…?” Daehyun asked even more annoyed “Tell me” he yelled, at Youngjae impatiently. “So she needs peace and quiet and you’re not it” Youngjae replied mockingly at the other, as he passed him by, entering the room first.
 
“Hello” He greeted the lady in a low voice, who was laying in one of the hospital beds. He took out his badge, slowly approaching her and handing it over to her, before sitting down on the chair next her bed. She watched him silently, and then looked down at the badge, that was now in her hands; studying it for a while. “Can you tell me what happened?” Youngjae asked, still with a calm and gentle voice. She continued looking down at her hands for a while, before nodding, as tears began forming in her eyes. “I was going to pick up my daughter half way into the forest…” She whimpered “When I heard a scream” she said now looking up at Youngjae “I thought that maybe a wild animal or something has scared or attacked her…” she cried out “So I grabbed a stick from the ground, and ran towards where the scream was coming f-from…” she explained now sobbing and covering with her hands.
 
“I’m sorry” Youngjae said, as he got off his chair, gently rubbing her back “I’ll come back tomorrow, when you’re feeling better” Youngjae said “For now, try to calm down”. “No, no” She shook her head, as she cleaned her tears away with her hands quickly. “When I got there” she continued to explain “I seen her running towards me and behind her there was something large. I ran towards her thinking that at least if she could get away that would be fine…but…” she whimpered again, covering for a second, then breathing in air deeply, “It was a large built man. He had a gun in his hands… I didn’t know what to do, so I just called out to him, to get his attention on me” she looked down, “he began going towards me, but my daughter called him back, screaming for me to run… even till the last second she acted like a brave child” she cried, “I still called him out, and he tried to shoot at me from a distance, but he missed, I seen him walking towards me so I began to run. I thought he was following after me. So when I heard a car coming, I ran out to onto the road. I thought I could ask for help… but… when I got onto the road, the car crashed into me. You must catch and punish him” she began crying again.
 
-
 
Youngjae went out of the room, gently closing the door behind him, as he noticed Daehyun who was leaning against the wall with his head lowered. “She said-” Youngjae began. “I heard” Daehyun cut the other off, as he headed off first down the hospitals corridor.
 
-
 
“Is there anyone who owns a hunting rifle, or any sort of gun in this village” Daehyun asks one of the officers. “Well not as far as we know” the officer shook his head “We haven’t really had any cases such as this” He explained “This village is usually quite. Most of the cases are just of some drunken people having fights, or something being stolen, but there has never been such amount of murders happening in such short amount of time”
 
-
 
“Get ready” Daehyun said to Youngjae. “What?” Youngjae asked confused, as he sat down on the floor inside their room “We just got here” he complained “Where do you want to go out at this time…?” he asked, then stiffing up, as he looked up at Daehyun “Don’t tell me…” he began somewhat scared, as he already knew the answer. “The forest” Daehyun finished, as he put on his coat, “Come on” He commanded the other.
 
-
 
“Must we really do this?” Youngjae complained as he followed after the other. “We have to” Daehyun answered back annoyed. “We don’t even know if he will show up tonight” Youngjae cried out to the other, as he followed miserably. “There isn’t really a pattern” Daehyun explained “If you look at the dates, it seems like he picks out random days to kill. So let’s hope today is that day” he said, now quickening up his pace, with Youngjae giving out a sigh of annoyance.
 
-
 
They walked down the path a few times. Youngjae checked the time on his phone. It has been an hour, since they have been going back and forth down the path, with no sign of people around, till suddenly they heard a scream, both stiffenning up in their tracks. “Hurry” Daehyun began running towards the scream, with Youngjae running closely behind him, trying to keep up.
 
As they ran towards the direction where the scream came from, they saw a girl running towards them, through the thick fog. She quickly came to a halt after seeing them. “We’re from the police” Youngjae called out to her, trying to calm her down, as she then ran towards them, and straight into Youngjae embrace, with her arms clinging around him tightly. “There’s a man” she cried, as she sobbed loudly “He has a gun… save me” she cried out shaking.
 
Youngjae looked down at her, as he could feel her shaking. When he looked back, he seen Daehyun looking at her, and then back up at him. “Stay here” Daehyun commended, as he began running towards the direction the girl came out from. “Daehyun, Wait! You can’t go alone” Youngjae called out in a low voice, but the other carried on running, quickly disappearing into the fog and out of Youngjae’s sight.
 
-
 
Youngjae pushed the girl away from himself, as he watched her looking back up at him confused, with tears still running down her cheeks and her whole body shaking. “Take this” He said, talking a gun out of his belt, as he grabbed her hand firmly and bringing up, as he set down the gun into her hands. “Stay here, I’ll come back to get you soon, so just stay here” he said. “Don’t leave me” She cried out, grabbing with her other hand onto his jacket. “I’ll come back” Youngjae assured her, as he brushed her hand off his jacket.
 
-
 
Youngjae ran in quick pace, unlike the time at the park, this time he made an effort. There was a thick fog, making it hard to see, with him nearly tripping over and rolling down the hill a few times. He tried to listen carefully for any noise, as he now began walking. He breathed deeply, with the cold air entering his lungs and making him cough slightly, as he covered his mouth quickly, trying not to make too much noise.
 
Youngjae came to a quick halt as he watched Daehyun who stood in front of the other figure that was holding a gun in front of his face. Daehyun didn’t move, he just stood still; he didn’t even try to avoid the gun that was held to his face, or to even try fighting back. Daehyun just looked like a person, that was welcoming the bullet to his head, and as if there wasn’t anything more left to his life. Youngjae knew he had to act quickly. He could see the other wasn’t planning on doing anything to try to save himself.
 
Youngjae walked carefully, looking out for every twig and branch through the thick fog that was covering the ground. He sneaked up behind the large build man, regretting having given away his gun to the girl at this point. There were only three steps away, till a sound of twig filled the forest, with the man looking back calmly till seeing Youngjae’s figure, as he quickly lifted his rifle up at Youngjae, with Youngjae bending down and running straight at him.
 
With luck he was able to tackle the guy down onto the ground, yet it was obvious that the man was way stronger than he was, as he felt himself being pushed away.  He looked towards Daehyun for help, who just stood there, looking aimlessly ahead. “Daehyun!” Youngjae shouted out at him, with Daehyun snapping out and looking towards him now.
 
Daehyun quickly ran over, as he kicked the guys hand and quickly ripping the gun out the others loosened grip. “Move another inch and you’re dead” Daehyun warned the guy in a cold voice, as the guy froze up, with Daehyun now resting the gun at the side of the guy’s head.
 
Youngjae got up quickly, wiping his lip, where he the guy had punched him, as he walked over to Daehyun in anger, “Give me the handcuffs” he glared at the other. Before Daehyun could reach for his belt, Youngjae just walked up, getting them out himself, as he kneeled besides the guy, now cuffing his hands.
 
“Give me that” he said, ripping the gun out of Daehyuns hold, “You go get the girl, I take him back to the station” he ordered, as Daehyun watched stunned by the other.
 
“Get up” Youngjae kicked the guy, then turning back to Daehyun who watched speechlessly “Go” Youngjae commanded firmly.
 
-
 
“What was that!?” Youngjae shouted at the other as they entered the room, where Daehyun was sat down on the floor “If it wasn’t for me, you be laying somewhere out there in the forest, with a bullet stuck in between your eyes!”. “Well what did you want me to do with a gun being pointed at my head?”. “You could have tried fighting back, at least you had a better chance than just standing there” Youngjae yelled back “You could of even begged him to spare you or something”. “And do you really think he would have spared me if I begged?” Daehyun snorted, “I might as well just shot myself first, then begged him”.
 
“Ok, let’s say that’s fine” Youngjae said sarcastically “What about when you just stood there while that guy was trying to kill me!? Don’t tell me you were shocked or something like that” Youngjae yelled “We were trained for these types of situations”. “Stop it with this” Daehyun warned the other angrily now. “Do you hate me that much, that you wanted me dead!?” Youngjae snorted, “Is that what it was?”. “I said stop it!” Daehyun shouted back, “If I wanted you dead, I would have shot you myself” he glared at Youngjae, before walking out of the room.
 
-
 
Youngjae got up, looking to his side, which was empty. Daehyun didn’t even come back that night. With Youngjae figuring out the other just slept in the car. Youngjae got out of the house, as he walked towards the car, trying to see if the other was sleeping inside, but seeing no-one there.
 
“Have you seen Daehyun” Youngjae asked the police officer curiously, as he entered the station, who then pointed towards one of the chairs. “He came in yesterday and just sat down there, telling no-one to bother him…” the officer explained.
 
Youngjae walked over to Daehyun, who was sleeping in one of the chairs. He watched for a while, feeling somewhat bad and regretful of how he shouted at the other, but then shaking his head. With what happened Youngjae had the full right to say whatever he said, after all it was him who saved Daehyuns life.
 
-
 
Though their work was done, he decided to question the guy. He felt far too curious to just leave this village without knowing the reason behind these killing that happened.
 
-
 
“Why did you shoot those people?” Youngjae asked with disgust in his voice. “Because it’s fun” The guy answered simply. “Fun?” Youngjae said confused, feeling even more disgust now for the other. “When you’re hunting for animals… their just not fun” He shook his head “But humans” he explained excitedly, as he chuckled “It was so fun watching them, just begging me not to kill them, but your friend” he laughed, then his face growing serious “He just stood there like the wanted me to shoot him” he looked somewhat confused at Youngjae “…like a dead person…” he finished, with a smile creeping onto his face again.
                                                                             #Hunter- Case Closed                                                                      

                                            

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

                                                                        Next Chapter Preview
                         #Forever                                                                                                                         
“You’re mine forever, so you don’t need anyone else” he whispers to her gently, brushing away the hair off her cheek.