Drowning-Pt.4

Cold Blood
 
 
“You wouldn’t believe whose blood it is” Kim Seong says, as if still surprised herself. “What do you mean?” Youngjae raises an eyebrow in curiosity “Whose?”. “Sangtae’s” She answers still stunned herself. “How is that possible !? Youngjae shouts out. “I don’t know, but it’s been confirmed 100% Sangtaes”.
 
Youngjae quickly grabs his phone from his jacket “Send the team over” he asks Kim Seong, as he heads out through the door, quickly dialling Daehyun. “Where are you?” Youngjae asks, quickly getting into the car and waiting for the other to reply. “What do you where am I?” Daehyun asks half dazed, as he rubs his eyes, still laying in his bed. “Where are you!?” Youngjae shouts this time “We found the killer, it’s Sangtae”, the last part making Daehyun shoot up from his bed, “So it’s Sangtae” Daehyun confirms, as he gets out of his bed, looking at the time “Did you send anyone over to get him yet?”.  “Daehyun, I’m still asking where the hell are you, so I could pick you up!?” Youngjae snaps, regretting even thinking of taking the other with him in the first place. “Home” Daehyun quickly answers, “I ganna get ready now. So hurry!” he finishes, quickly hanging up the phone. “Where is home…?” Youngjae traces off to himself puzzled; he had no clue where the other was staying in Seoul for the time being. Youngjae sits in the car for a minute, before deciding to call the other again, then feeling his phone vibrate, noticing it was a text from Daehyun with an address in it.
 
-
 
Youngjae waited outside a small apartment building for the past 3 minutes, surprised how close Daehyun was staying to the police station. It only took him 7 minutes to get there by car. He noticed a figure run out through the door, as he started up the car, pressing on the horn to catch Daehyuns attention who was looking around, searching for Youngjae. Daehyun ran over to the car, quickly getting in, as he breathed heavily, “Let’s go” he said, turning to his side to look for his seatbelt.
 
Youngjae watched the other intensely, trying to hold in his laugh, as Daehyun was putting on his seat belt on now, not even paying attention to Youngjae. Youngjae couldn’t explain it, but this image of Daehyun was different from he had seen so far, as he began laughing, with Daehyun finally looking up at him puzzled, then squinting his eyes “What?” He asked annoyed.
 
“Your hair…” Youngjae spoke up, then began laughing again, with Daehyun running his hands over his hair, as he tried brushing it down. It was more than obvious that the other had just woke up; his hair was all messy, his eyes were half closed and the eye bags under his eyes were puffed out… but that wasn’t the only thing, what rather made him laugh, was the fact that the other was still wearing his pyjama top, which he could see through the open jacket the other was wearing. “Nice pyjamas” Youngjae laughed, with Daehyun’s eyes shooting down to his top. “” Daehyun swore, as he began zipping up his jacket, looking towards Youngjae angrily “Just go already”.
 
“Oh, but the cartoon food looks really cute” Youngjae said, as he nodded his head down with a bright smile “Where did you get it from?”. “It was a gift, so shut it.” Daehyun said, looking through the window on his side, trying to hide his face from the other, though Youngjae already seen the others face flushing from embarrassment.
 
-
 
They were outside the house, police everywhere, surrounding the building, securing every possible exit of the building. Youngjae and Daehyun got out of the car, hurrying over to them, as they were waiting for Youngjae’s command to go in.
 
At steady pace, Youngjae goes first, followed by Daehyun and closely trailing behind them the rest of police squad. Youngjae first knocked on the door, waiting for a reply, after some time, calling over one of the guys to break the lock.  Daehyun got to the door, getting ready to open it for Youngjae, as he did a countdown with his finger, with Youngjae nodding at the other with the last finger bending.
 
Youngjae ran in, with his gun pointing at every direction, everyone else following him inside, they began searching, however seeing no one around.  “You four stay here, in case Sangtae comes back” Youngjae said pointing at the four police men by the door, as he got out of the apartment “The rest of you come with us to the hospital, we need to arrest Mr Cha”. Youngjae and Daehyun got to the car, with Daehyun driving and Youngjae calling Cha Seon “The murderer is Sangtae” Youngjae quickly told her “But we couldn’t find him at home, for now make sure Mr Cha doesn’t leave the hospital, we will be there soon with the back-up”.
 
They quickly got into the car, as they drove to the hospital, with another police car trailing behind them. “There were two people at the park, if one of them is Changtae who was the other one?” Youngjae gave out a sigh in annoyance “Mr Cha was at the hospital… so it couldn’t be him”. “The caretaker” Daehyun said “Mr Cha mentioned that the caretaker stayed with him during the time he was working, so it must be the three of them work”.
 
-
 
“Where is Changtae? And who else is involved?” Youngjae asks now annoyed, by the other who hasn’t muttered a single word since they began the interrogation. “Do you even have any right to hold me here?” he laughed, looking around. “You are suspected of providing succinylcholine used in assistance to two murders, and 1 attempted”. “What proof do you have?” He smirked, “One of the doctors in hospital has confirmed that you have taken out doses of succinylcholine from the storage room, there even CCTV recording of you carrying it out of the storage room”.
 
“It would be best to just tell us where your son is before anyone else gets murdered” Youngjae suggested “the sentence will already be heavy on him as it is, and with any more murders the years in jail will only increase. If you care about your son you should just tell us, instead of allowing him to do this”.
 
“If I care about him? That is even more the reason why I won’t tell you!” He shouted at him, “Do you think police can help him? To us, police is just as good as those murderers!”. “Those murderers?” Youngjae asked confused “Who?”. “Those that will die” He laughed, after that not saying a single word.
 
-
 
There was a knock on the door, and Daehyun Kim Bum ran in “We caught Sangtae and the carer!”. “What?” Youngjae got up . “Hurry” Kim Bum said, now getting out of the room. Before getting out, Youngjae turned back to look at Mr Cha, who was looking down, his face covered with sadness. The second he got out, he seen Daehyun run out of the other room, as he had been watched the whole interrogation process.
 
“How did you catch him?” Daheyun asked, following Kim Bum, along with Youngjae. “They tried to attack the lady” he explained  “When me and Himchan got out of the car, the carer began running, so I had to shoot him and now hes in the hospital”.
 
“Hospital!?” Youngjae shouted out, as pulled on the others shoulder in question “I only shot his leg” Kim Bum quickly explained “It’s nothing serious. Himchan is staying with him now”. “What about Sangtae!?” Daehyun asked in somewhat panic. “Sangtae?” Kim Bum repeated the name “You’ll see”, he said, as they now entered the office, where Santae was seated down with handcuffs on his hands and two police officers standing next to him.
 
“Take Mr Cha to the prison cell” Daehyun asked Kim Bum, as he walked over to Changtae with Youngjae. “Come on” Youngjae said, “I need you to come with me to the interrogation room”. They watched somewhat surprised, the doctor was indeed right; Changtae could barely stand-up, and had to be helped up by one of the police officers at his side. They both watched him being led away, the other could barely lift his feet, as they dragged on the floor.
 
-
 
They sat in the quite room, till Youngjae finally spoke up “So the three of you were in this together?” He asked, as he watched the other looking up at him now.
 
“Do you know why I did it?” he asked, while laughing “Me and my girlfriend were walking home happily from restaurant, that they she told me she was pregnant. I thought it was one of the happiest days in my life… ” he laughed again, now tears forming in his eyes “but then suddenly we hear a car approaching us as we walked home, when we looked back it was already in front of us… they killed them” he cried out “They killed my girlfriend and our baby”. “Wait, wait, wait, what?” Youngjae stopped, putting his hands up for the other to calm down “This wasn’t on the record” he said, flipping through the files.
 
“Of course it wasn’t” he said in hatred “When I woke up in the hospital room, I heard them speaking with the police officer, I wanted to wake up, but when I heard what they were talking about and I couldn’t”. “What do you mean?” Youngjae asked confused now. “They were discussing what to do with me, don’t you know?” he shook his head “Those s are from rich families, they could of just made up to make it seem like it was mine and my girlfriends fault, with us both dead it would have been possible, but with me alive they knew I could testify otherwise and cause them trouble” he laughed “So what did I do? I had to pretend to act clueless, I had to pretend that I was beyond recovering point for them to leave me alone…I thought that was enough, till I fully recovered… but…” he paused looking at his hands, which soon turned into fist “They got rid of her dead body, they made it look like I was the only person they ran over and that it was my own fault, don’t you think I had the right to pay them back for what they did!?” He shouted, as he slammed his hands on the table “They ruined my whole life!”
 
“Why didn’t you tell the police after you recovered?” Youngjae questioned “Tell police? when it was police involved in getting rid of my girlfriends and baby’s bodies and making it look like it was my fault for how I became!?”. Youngjae watched as the others tears began rolling down his cheeks “Me and my girlfriend used to love swimming together, we made plans about our future, how our kids will also be professional swimmers just like us, but now… I lost her, I lost our baby and I lost swimming. My body doesn’t listen to me, my legs just stay frozen and my arms barely move… why should only my life become this way?” He said now in anger, as he began hitting his legs, with Youngjae getting up to control him, and calling the officers outside to help him.
 
-
 
“We can’t do anything” Kim Bum finally spoke up as they all sat in meeting room, “Even if what he said is true, there’s no way to prove it, all the evidence from a month ago has been completely erased”. “So detective Yoo Won and the other two will just get away with this?” Cha Seon questioned in anger she looked around at the others, where all the rest were holding their heads down, just as angered about the situation as she was.
 
After the meeting had finished Youngjae left first, as he now sat in his chair, still the thought of how unfairly it felt, having to arrest the people, who had lost things, while the people who took them away were walking freely around enjoying their life. Youngjae snapped out of his thoughts, as he watched Daehyun come in carrying an empty box, then setting it down on the table he was using. He watched intensively as Daehyun began putting in his stuff inside the box. “So that’s it?” Youngjae said, getting off his chair now. “Well what else is there left to do?” Daehyun grinned for a second looking up, and then back down as he continued putting things inside the box.
 
He went over to Daehyun’s side of the table, sitting down on its edge, as he looked out of the window “It’s disappointing right?” Youngjae gave out a sigh. “Of course it is” Daehyun agreed “If I knew it what really happened, I would have just let them all get killed” he said in resentment, as he put the last thing into the box.
“It was nice working with you” Youngjae said, as he reached out his hand to Daehyun, who looked at it, then back at Youngjae “I guess” he said, ignoring Youngjaes hand again, yet Youngjae only smirked at it this time, as he watched the other picking up the box and leaving. “Bye” Youngjae said, at the leaving figure.
                                                                       #Drowning - Case CLOSED                                                                  

                     

             (This is sort of how I would imagine for their office to look like... well, at least the closest looking picture that i could find...)

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Next Chapter Preview          

                 #Hunter                                                                                                                                                   
“Please don’t kill me” She screamed out shivering, to the figure standing before her with a hunting gun pointed at her face. “P-Please…” She cried out in between sobs, as she slumped to her knees begging the other, who just smirking reply, as he pulled the trigger.