Case 7- Broken Off-Pt.1

Cold Blood
                                                                         Broken Off                                                                         
 
“Argh” Youngjae moaned in pain, as he held his head with both hands. Drinking the amount he had, didn’t feel worth the pain he was now getting.  “My head” he moaned again, as he began getting up, with his eyes half closed, till he felt a huge pain in his stomach too. After a while, he finally opened his eyes, looking around his surroundings. He was there alone, sitting on a sofa in a living room. The room seemed really neat and tidy, almost as if it did not have an owner, and if speaking about the owner… just in whose house was he?.
 
The second he felt himself wondering, he heard the noise of one of the doors opening, as he watched Daehyun stepping out. Within seconds he could feel his body freeze, as he watched Daehyuns eyes shift on him. Daehyun practically glared at him without a single word, and if anything Youngjae could feel the tension in the air, as he watched Daehyun walk to another door and then go inside.
 
Youngjae just watched the door in silence for a while with a blank mind, he really had no idea what he was doing in Daehyuns house and why the other was so angry starting straight from the morning, just what exactly did he do…
 
It might have been better idea not to have tried to recall any of yesterday’s episodes, yet unfortunately he couldn’t stop the memories from invading his head, as he felt his stomach drop. Just what was he thinking!?
He could hear the door open again, and Daehyun stepping out with a towel over his shoulder, as he could feel his mouth open to say something, yet not being able to think of anything he should at this moment. “What?” Daehyun said mockingly “Remembered something?”. Youngjae could feel the anger in the others voice, and for once he couldn’t complain about it.
 
After few seconds Daehyun left for the room he first stepped out from, from which Youngjae could assume to be his bedroom. It felt like years have passed before Daehyun walked out again to the living room, as he watched him intensely. “You’re going to sit there forever?” Daehyun finally asked annoyed, “Get up, I’ll make breakfast”.
 
-
 
The whole time they eat not a single word was exchanged between the two, just a complete silence. After finishing eating, Daehyun got up and began collecting the plates, with Youngjae getting up straight after in attempt to help, yet instead wincing in pain as he grabbed onto his stomach and sat back down. When he looked up, Daehyun was looking at that same spot he felt the pain in, with somewhat uncaring face, as he turned back to take the dishes over to the sink.
 
Well it was more than obvious Daehyun knew why Youngjaes stomach was hurting, so it was more than obvious he wouldn’t ask Youngjae about it, since Daehyun was the cause of it.
 
-
 
Youngjae could clearly remember how he walked over to Daehyun and… “Ah” Youngjae whined in annoyance, why did he have to kiss Daehyun for!?. He remembered how Daehyuns eyes grew wide, and within seconds Daehyun pushing him away and then the still vivid punch to Youngjaes stomach, before Daehyun stormed off. This was more than a sign for him to quit drinking…
 
“Here” Himchan said, setting down a cup of coffee on Youngjaes desk, as Youngjae looked up lifelessly. “What did you do now?” Himchan joked, whiles taking a sip of his own coffee and setting some documents aside. “You don’t want to know” Youngjae said, “If anything, I don’t want to know myself either”, he cried out, as his hand reached for the coffee. “Come on” Himchan said excited “Tell me and I will tell you what I did last night after our gathering”. Youngjae already got the hint of what Himchan did, and if anything he really did not care about the others night adventures. “I rather die” Youngjae said, now getting up and patting Himchan on the shoulder “Whoever she was, she has a bad luck” he said, as he smirked. “What!?” Himchan shouted out “She was lucky!” he sulked, as he glared at the leaving Youngjae.
 
-
 
Youngjae sat on the couch next to the vending machine, as he drank the coffee slowly, still regretting his actions. With the sounds of footsteps, he looked to his side, seeing Daehyun heading to the office, as he shot his head the other way, in hope that the other didn’t see him. He felt like he could never look at Daehyun again, and working with the other… was not something he could do soon either.
 
-
 
“Come on everyone” Kim Bum shouted out as he was putting his jacket on, and being followed by others out of the office, with Himchan stopping for a second and motioning for Youngjae to follow. Youngjae quickly got up, throwing the now empty cup into the trash can and quickly running over as he followed the rest.
 
“What is it?” Youngjae asked Himchan as they walked down the stairs, trying his best not to pay attention to Daehyun who was walking in front of them. “A man’s body was found in a park” Himchan explained, as they walked outside to the car park.
 
“Quickly” Daehyun shouted out, to get Youngjae’s attention “The car keys”. That’s right; Youngjae shared his police car with Daehyun, how could he even forget...  
________________________________