Case4-The Hang-Pt.1

Cold Blood
                                                                                The Hang                                                                 
“With Kim Bum and Cha Seon following her around there isn’t much we can do” Himchan says as he leans back in his chair. “We still need to write up the other cases and sort out the evidence collected” Youngjae reminds the other, as he lets out a sigh. “But where’s Daehyun?” Himchan said looking around. “He said he will do his part of work at home and just left” Youngjae said annoyed, “He does whatever he wants like always”.
 
“Youngjae” one of the officers called out “Chief Yoo wants to see you and Daehyun at his office”. “Why?” Youngjae asked curiously. “I’m not sure” The officer answered “I was just told to tell you two to see him”.
 
“Ah” Youngjae gave out a sigh as he got up from his chair, as he walked to the office. “What?” He asked annoyed the Chief. “Since it’s just a stalker case, they can finish off by themselves, so here…” Chief Yoo pushed two pieces of paper on his desk towards Youngjae “This came in just now, I need you and Daehyun to go there now and solve it.”. “What is it?” Youngjae asked somewhat curious, as he walked to the desk, picking up the two pieces of paper and scanning the contents. “And why should we go? It’s not even our area” Youngjae questioned.
“I’m pretty sure your aware of the evaluation that’s happening next month, the amount of funding we will get depends on how well we do in the evaluation, and looking at the current state we might not make it to the first place”. “And therefore you’re taking up extra cases to make our station look better?” Youngjae asked with a smirk “Then why you only making me and Daehyun do them?”. “Because you and Daehyun work the best in our station, therefore other stations ask for you two mostly” Chief Yoo answered, then squinted his eyes slightly, “But where is Daehyun?” he questioned looked out through the blinds in his office “Why didn’t he come too?”. “I’ll get him” Youngjae gave out an annoyed sigh as he turned to leave, stopping for a brief second to listen the chiefs command “Make sure to solve this quickly, you need to keep up our stations reputation, if you want to succeed after I move to the higher position”.
 
Youngjae didn’t even bother answering, he knew the Chiefs greed for ultimate power, which was something he has no interest for, he rather preferred being able to freely move about solving cases then be stuck in some office and scanning through papers all day. However he did accept, that at some point he will be looking at all of this differently, when he will get married and have kids it’s bound to be more convenient having a boring office life then the risky street hunt with blood thirsty criminals.
 
-
 
 “What case is it?” Daehyun questioned as he followed after the other. “Does it ever matter to you anyway?” Youngjae answered mockingly. It never really seemed like Daehyun cared about anything, from all the times he worked with Youngjae or even the other team members, everyone could say he seemed cold and unchanged by any situation that they faced.
 
-
 
“Daehyun” Youngjae called out, who was just quietly watching the hanging bodies in the room. It seemed like they were some sort of decoration and Daehyun just so happened to be fascinated by the sight. “Daehyun” Youngjae called out again, this time a bit louder and with anger in his voice. Daehyun seemed to have finally snapped back, however instead of actually going to Youngjae he turned around and in quick pace walked out of the dark building.
 
Youngjae decided to follow after the other. It wasn’t fair how Daehyun didn’t seem to take this professionally and making them both look like fools in front of the other police officers. He went outside looking around to find Daehyun who was leaning against one of the walls with his head looking down and with his hair covering his face. Youngjae began walking up to the other still somewhat angry. “Daehyun” He called out again “You’re just going to rest here or what?”. “Just give me a minute” Daehyun said in a weak shaking voice, catching Youngjae off guard.
 
“Are you feeling sick?” He finally asked Daehyun curiously as he studied him, who looked up nervously as he began wiping of the sweat on his forehead with his shaky hands and unsteady expression. “I’m fine, let’s go back” Daehyun urged as he began walking. Youngjae could see the cold sweat covering the others face, and the way in which the others complexion turned pale. “Wait there” Youngjae called out grabbing the others wrist “If you’re feeling sick just go rest in the car for a bit” he suggested to the other, who shook his hand off weakly. “I’m fine” Daehyun said, as he carried on walking back into the building, with his finger tips brushing past the wall as if leaning on it for support.
 
-
 
“From the way I see it, some of the corpses are at least 1 years old” Minki reported. “From the wide marks around their neck and the broken nails, it seems they were hanged while they were alive and died while struggling to free themselves” he explained, as he continued to walk around, with others following him to look at the corpses. Youngjae found it hard to concentrate with having Daehyun walking behind him and looking like he was one of the corpses himself. Daehyun didn’t look up even once, he just continued looked down at the floor, and even with Youngjaes continues glances at the other, the Daehyun didn’t even seem to notice at all.
 
“Here” Youngjae finally said, as he handed over the keys into Daehyuns hand, who finally looked up somewhat confused “Go and wait in the car till you feel better”. For a second it seemed like Daehyun was going to turn away the offer, till he felt Daehyuns fingers curl around the keys tightly as he began turning away, with his head still looking down as he began walking off.
 
“How many bodies are here?” Youngjae asked looking around at the motionless bodies that were being brushed by the wind.  “15” One of the officers answered. “Feels like death in here” Youngjae gave out a sigh, with his thoughts going back to Daehyun who was in the car. “Where is the person who reported this?” Youngjae asked looking back at the same officer. “We took him to the station” The officer replied quickly. “I’m going to the station” Youngjae said, patting Minki on the back, “If you find anything useful call me”. “Sure” Minki nodded; as he carried on studying the bodies “Take down the bodies carefully” Youngjae could hear Minki commanding the other officers.
 
-
 
“Feeling better?” Youngjae asked as he studied the other, who still looked pale and unsteady. Daehyun just nodded slightly in reply, not even looking back at the other. “We’re going to the station to question the witness” Youngjae told the other as he started up the car “You can stay in the car-”. “I’m fine” Daehyun cut him short “I’ll go too”.  “Ok” Youngjae replied. He knew there was never a point to argue with the other, not that there was ever much chance for him to win over him anyway.
 
-
 
 “I was hunting like usually” The elderly man spoke up “and the deer began running towards the direction of the building. I shot the deer before it could run into the building, and my dogs run over to the deer first. I was about to leave, but one of my dogs ran into the building and even though I kept calling it to come back but it just wouldn’t. So I just laid down the deer and come back.  When I was entering the building I seen this shadow move. So I thought someone was there, so I called out for the person not to worry and that I was only hunting for the animals, but then when I walked and looked inside there was a body of a women swinging back and forth” he paused picking up the cup with water, as it shook in his hands. Youngjae took a quick glance at Daehyun, who seemed just as unsettled as he was while seeing the bodies himself earlier. It confused Youngjae a lot; it wasn’t as if it was the first time for the other to see a dead body, so such a strong reaction now seemed way off for Daehyun’s character. “I thought that she might still be alive so I began running towards her” He continued, now setting down the cup, “Till I seen the rest of the bodies that were also being moved by the wind...”
 
-
 
“First we need to find out who those people were, where they lived, where they could have taken from and if they hold any connection” Youngjae said, walking into the office.  “Someone needs to look into all missing women list within this year and see if they match with any of the victims found”. “I’ll do it” said one of the officers in the station. “Ok” Youngjae nodded, “Next, someone will need to question the residents around the area if they have seen or heard of anything strange”.
 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN UPDATE!!! See this update came sooner compared to the other ones like promised! Hope you all will read it well! :D

Thank you to those that comment!<3

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________