Smile

She's Into Me

 

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I spotted Suzy walking at the hallway with a skinny guy. She is having fun talking with him because I can see her smiling even from a distance. When I approached her, what I thought is a ‘guy’ was actually a girl. I frowned when I saw my seatmate in my morning classes.

 

“Hey, Krystal.”Suzy greeted me happily and then hugs me.

 

I smiled to her and frown when I turn to the girl she’s with. Suzy then broke our hug.

 

“Krystal, this is Amber. Amber, this is Krystal” Suzy introduced us happily. “Have you meet in your class already?”

 

“Yeah, we do.” I answered in a flat tone.

 

“Suzy, I will go ahead of you.”Amber said without throwing a glance at me then said her goodbye and left us.

 

“Hey Amber…”Suzy didn’t continue what she liked to say because Amber didn’t look back anymore. Suzy just sighed and then turns to look at me. “I’m sorry about Amber’s behavior.” she apologized to me.

 

“Don’t worry Suz, it’s okay.  I really don’t want to be her friend anyway. You know I am not comfortable to a girl like her.” I said to her frankly.

 

“She is my best friend that I keep on talking to you Krystal. Amber is really nice, but I don’t know why she acted that way to you.”Suzy said with a disappointed look on her face and pout.

 

“Maybe she doesn’t like me.”I said to her and chuckled.

 

“Nah, Amber only doesn’t like girls who get attracted to her.”Suzy answered.

 

“So Amber really is not into girls?” I asked curiously with widened eyes.

 

“Yes, as of now.”Suzy answered and smirked.

 

“As of now, huh?” I said with raised brows. “But there is a possibility that she will later on.” I continued with furrowed brows and Suzy chuckled.

 

“Amber didn’t like some before, really. So I am not sure what she is more into, girls or boys. But whatever she choose between the two, Amber will always be my best friend Amber for me.” she said cheerfully.

 

I admire Suzy, she doesn’t mind if her best friend is a real girl or not. I don’t hate someone like Amber, I’m just not comfortable around someone like her. I feel like anytime, she will take advantage of me without me noticing it. We really don’t know how someone like her will see someone like me.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I didn’t expect that Suzy is friends with that girl. That girl is not nice but totally mean. She is not friendly too so in short, I don’t like her. I chose to leave them alone because I know that girl doesn’t like me too and I don’t want to ruin the mood of their meeting. When I enter the classroom, the girls in my class stare at me. I frowned so that they will think that I am not nice, cool or anything and ignore me. From the time I sat on my chair, they are all whispering and giggling like the fan girls do when they saw their handsome guy celebrity.

 

“I think I can’t really do anything about this.” I said admitting my defeat and sighed.

 

I grab my phone from my pocket. I received one message coming from Suzy. She is telling me to be good to Krystal. But I think she should tell it to that girl. Before our professor came in our room, Krystal came in. She is looking around, searching for an empty seat, I guess. She frowned when she looked at me. She then walked pass me and take the seat behind me. I feel thankful that she is not my seatmate anymore.

 

“Since it is our first day of class, can you greet the person behind you with a warm smile?” Our professor said which made my jaw drop open.

 

I don’t want to turn my back to greet her; I know she is not sitting in the last row so probably she is turning to the person behind her now. The person sitting in front of me greet me with her warm smile, I smiled back at her and I notice that she blushed before she turn her back at me. I find it funny though. Because I remember Suzy’s text, my stone heart for Krystal softens. I look behind and flash a smile at her. She looked at me, a bit surprise then she smiled back. Her eyes are so captivating when she smiles.

 

“You should smile often.” I said to her before I turn my back at her and look in front with my smile still on my face.