chpt.08

Looks Like Love

 

thank you to all my readers and the soompi thread for supporting me! the more comments/upvotes/subscriptions I get, the more encouraged I feel and the quicker I update! so please continue to give me motivation, dears. 

this is a long chapter and A LOT happens, so enjoy and give me feedback! there are fun times but also some shocking events that happen! 

 

 

--

Sulli's POV 

 

“The show is finally over!” Sulli said, throwing her hands up in victory. The show had been a great success. Everyone who attended the show, as well as the press and the public, gave positive reviews, especially for Minho’s Menswear debut.

Each time Sulli watched Minho stride down the runway, her heart was bursting until tears flowed from her eyes. But she always cried at every show, so nobody thought it was out of the ordinary.

“Time to celebrate!”

Everyone cheered as they piled into the cars that would take them to an after-party hosted in the hotel.

 

--

“Sulli, cheers for an incredible show today! You’ve outdone yourself once again!”

The Womens’ department manager lifted up her glass.

“Thank you! But I don’t drink,” Sulli said.

She was sitting next to Krystal and Victoria. Krystal was already slightly tipsy. Sulli could tell because Krys was laughing at everything.

“And cheers for putting together such flawless arrangements for Minho’s debut!” the SM director said to Sulli.

Already, his cheeks were becoming rosy. He was always very pleased after each show and drank too much. What an irresponsible director.

“Speaking of Minho, let’s all clink our glasses in honor of him!”

Everyone lifted their glasses.

“Say something, Minho!”

Everyone cheered for him.

“Oh… I did not prepare anything to say. When I was transferred to Menswear, I did not know what to expect and I wondered if I could do it well enough, but everyone has been kind. Thank you, everyone, for supporting me. And thank you most to… Choi Sulli. I would be nothing without her … hard work. Even though she was very sick yesterday, she has worked hard for everyone. So let us honor her again!”

Minho bowed and then turned to Sulli, who was blushing.

“Let us all work hard! Fighting!” Sulli said as she bowed.

Everyone clapped.

 

“Now that everyone is gathered here, I have an announcement to make. I have decided to launch a campaign for an SM Couples series, featuring couples’ clothing and a wedding shoot. Kwon Yuri and Choi Minho will be the leads of this shoot, so let us all congratulate them by raising our glasses.”

The manager raised his glass as everyone clapped. 

Sulli could not hide the shock on her face. For some reason, she felt hot tears start to form in her eyes. She covered to keep from crying out.

Why am I being like this? What is this feeling?

“The most beautiful couple in SM!” Krystal gurgled.

Her face was flushed from drinking.

“Krystal… someone really needs to watch you. Wait, Sulli! Are you okay?”

Victoria looked from Krystal, who was giggling hysterically, to Sulli. Sulli’s face was hidden by her hair but Victoria could tell there was something wrong.

“I feel nauseous! I am going to go out for some air,” Sulli said quietly.

She quickly turned and ran outside.

“But you hate the cold!” Victoria called after her.

 

Sulli leaned breathlessly against a bench.

Why am I upset? Minho oppa is only a brother to me, and he is an infamous player. It’s not like I am in love with him… I would never make that mistake again. I learned my lesson years ago.

But then the fresh memories of what had happened in the past few days began to surface in her mind.

I have a lot of oppas, but why is Minho the only one who affects me?

Tears rolled freely from her eyes. She was crying so hard that she could barely see.  

 

“Ya! Why are you crying?”

Sulli looked up to see a figure standing over her. She wiped her tears away and sniffed.

Finally, she could see that it was Minho standing over her. The last person I wanted to see…

“What are you doing here?” she mumbled.

“Victoria said you ran out because you were nauseous. But why are you sitting here, crying? Dongsaeng looks ugly when she cries,” Minho said.

He crouched down and wiped the tears from Sulli’s face with his thumb. His hand softly caressed her cheek.

“I’m always ugly. Who wants such an ugly dongsaeng?”

“Oppa does. Beautiful girls come and go, there are millions of them in the world, but there is only one Sulli for me.”

 

“There are billions of girls in the world, but there is only one of you and you’re the one for me.”

 

Minho kissed Sulli’s forehead tenderly and wrapped his arms around her to keep her warm.

“The party is boring. Let’s go walk around and see if we can find something to eat,” Minho said.

Sulli was about to protest, but Minho pulled her by the hand.

Is he just toying with me right now? But it doesn’t matter. I’ll follow him wherever he wants me to go.

 

They walked through the street. Various vendors had stands set up by the road, so the street was bright and lively. Minho pulled Sulli into all different colorful little shops.

“Sulli, want some kim bap? Oppa will treat you.”

Minho bought them both a small box of kim bap, and they ate as they walked. Next, they tried barbecue on a stick.

“Ahh, this is spicy!” Sulli pouted and pretended to cry.

Minho laughed. He went and bought her a bottle of orange juice.

“You know, you can’t spoil me with orange juice every time I’m sad!” Sulli said, but she still drank every drop of orange juice and her lips happily afterwards.

“But I like to spoil you.”

“What if I start to take you for granted?”

“Then I will spoil you even more. I will keep giving you food until you become so fat that you can’t walk.”

Sulli rubbed her tummy and waddled down the street like a sumo wrestler, pretending to be very fat. Minho ran after her, laughing. He grabbed her hand. Sulli’s heart was beating so loud that she was sure Minho would be able to hear it.

I would never take Minho for granted… Minho, you mean a lot to me, you know?

 

“Oh! I like this shirt!” Sulli said, pointing to a black-and-white striped shirt at the storefront of a small shop. She ran inside.

“It is too big for me!” Sulli cried.

“Excuse me, miss, is there a smaller size of this shirt?” Sulli asked an employee.

The employee went to the back room to see if they had any smaller sizes in stock.

“Hey, Minho, this is your size! I wonder how you will look in it,” Sulli said as she held the shirt up against Minho’s body.

“It is a very ordinary shirt. Why do you like it so much?”

“It’s very casual so I can wear it wherever I want and the material’s quality is very good… Ah! I think it would look good on you.”

Everything looks good on Minho…

“Miss, here is a smaller size of the shirt you liked. It’s the last one we have in stock, so you got lucky!”

Sulli smiled and thanked the employee.

“You really like it? Then, I will buy them both, one for me and one for you!” Minho said.

He took both shirts and paid the salesclerk.

“I told you not to spoil me!” Sulli said, laughing and following Minho out of the store.

 

“I will always spoil you, but only if you promise me one thing.”

“What is it?”

“D-don’t cry in front of me. I can’t stand it,” Minho said. He was smiling, but his eyes were serious. Sulli nodded.

I cannot be sad around Minho. I know that I am only his dongsaeng… Yuri is the beautiful and strong person who should be by his side. I can only work hard to make him smile and arrange the clothes that will make people fall in love with him.

 

--

Minho’s POV

 

“Don’t you have to return soon? The director probably wants you to be there,” Sulli said.

“What about you? You’re his most important creative manager.”

“But the press doesn’t care about me.  I am only behind the scenes. You are the face of the Menswear brand now, and you’re also now the lead in a new series!”

“It’s boring. I don’t want to model for the couple shoot.”

Minho thought of Yuri. After Minho had noticed Sulli leaving from the room, Yuri had followed him outside.

 

“Where are you going?”

“I have to go make a call.”

“You’re going to look for that girl, aren’t you? The stylist… I saw you looking at her the entire time. At first I thought you were looking at Krystal, but it's hard to believe you were actually watching that unrefined manager.”

“Why do you care?”

“Because it’s not over between us… Don’t you know that we are supposed to be together? This photo shoot will only confirm that.”

Yuri stepped closer to him. The scent of her perfume was strong and tempting. She touched Minho’s cheek gently and showed off her bare shoulders.

“I’m sorry, Yuri. I have to go.”

“How funny. It’s only been a few days and you’ve changed so much. Before, you would not have been able to look away from me.”

“There is someone who I care about now. She always gives freely without expecting anything in return. I cherish her beyond just physical attraction.”

“Do you love her?”

“Yes. She is my dongsaeng.”

 

“Do you think you will kiss her for the shoot?” Sulli asked, interrupting Minho's thoughts. 

“What?”

“Do you think they will want you to kiss Yuri for the couple photos?”  

“Why are you asking that?”

“Because I will be arranging the couple clothes you wear. If you guys kiss, I have to use more romantic tones and thinner materials.”

Sulli, why are you always talking about work? Do you care about me at all?

“I don’t know. But I’m tired of kissing.”

“That’s so sad.”

“Why?”

“I’ve always believed that a kiss is the sweetest thing between two people. A person who kisses with no intention of loving must be very cold. It’s sad that something so lovely has no meaning for you,” Sulli said softly.

A gentle look of sadness came over her eyes.

 

“How can you just kiss me for fun without meaning anything? You’re such a cold person!”

 

Minho suddenly heard a voice in his head, a familiar voice from his memory....

Who said that? I don’t remember anyone saying that to me… 

Minho wondered when he had started to become so insensitive to girls, why he had become such a playboy. He had always felt that he was lucky because he was naturally tall and good-looking. Girls always approached him, and he thought it was natural to go along with their advances.

“But I know that you only kiss girls because you’re soft-hearted. You are too kind to reject anyone,” Sulli said and smiled sadly at Minho.

Sulli, you only see the best in people, don’t you?

 

“Come on, oppa!” Sulli said. Her face instantly brightened as she led him through the street. They laughed and played, looking at the bright toys and kpop posters on display at certain stores. One of the posters for a new drama had a picture of two actors who looked exactly like Minho and Sulli, which caused them to collapse into laughter. 

 

Then, they found a group of boys playing soccer on the street, and Minho joined in on the game.

“Go, oppa!” Sulli cheered happily for her oppa, sitting on the curb since she was incompetent at all sports.

The boys all clapped in awe when Minho showed them tricks with the ball. 

 

“Thank you for playing with us, oppa. We have to go now. The older boys have to buy food for breakfast for tomorrow morning,” a boy said.

Minho handed him the ball and ruffled his hair.

The boys gathered on the side of the road to put their money together, while Minho walked over to Sulli.

“Minho, those boys are so thin,” Sulli whispered to Minho sadly.

Minho looked over. They were indeed very skinny, although Minho hadn’t noticed because they were so youthful and lively.

“Oh no! We’re short on money again!” Minho heard one of the boys whisper.

Sulli peered over curiously.

“What are we gonna do?” another boy wailed.

Sulli walked over to them.

“What’s wrong?”

“We don’t have enough money for a bag of rice, but we ran out of anything to eat at the orphanage.”

So these boys are orphans! 

Minho watched as Sulli stood there a while, biting her lip in thought. Finally, she smiled.

 

“Come with me, everyone!” she held onto the youngest boy’s hand and began walking through the street. Dumbfounded, all the boys followed her.

“What are you doing?” Minho whispered to Sulli. Sulli simply winked.

Finally, they arrived at a supermarket. Sulli led all the orphans into the store.

“What are you doing, young miss?! Why have you brought all these dirty orphans into my store?” the clerk demanded.

“I would like to buy all the bags of rice that I can buy with this money,” Sulli said as she pulled out all the bills from her wallet and dumped out all the coins in her coin purse.

I see... Sulli is this kind of person, who takes care of everyone no matter what. 

 

“And this money too,” Minho said as he put down the bills from his wallet.

“Th-that’s 500 kg of rice!” the store manager said.

“And we’d like to have it shipped to these boys’ orphanage,” Sulli said.

All the boys stared at her in shock, touched by her kindness. They ran over and hugged Sulli. Some of the boys started to cry in happiness and disbelief. Sulli put their arms around them and kissed the top of their heads.

“Be good, everyone!” she said with her bright smile.

Sulli was always smiling and making everyone around her smile too.

Sulli, you always have that effect on everyone around you. It is impossible not to love you…

Finally, a boy ran over to Minho.

“Thank you, oppa! This is truly a miracle. Your wife is so compassionate and beautiful.”

Minho chuckled and ruffled the boy’s hair.

--

 

“Ah, I feel like a young child again! I haven’t had time to go out and play like this in ages. Thank you for going along with all my fun, oppa!”

Sulli’s eyes were bright and childish.

Actually, Minho had never had a childhood. When he was about to turn nine years old, he was diagnosed with a rare disease that caused degeneration to certain neurons in his brain. If he didn’t get surgery, he would eventually lose all of his brain functions. Then, he got into an accident and he immediately underwent surgery. He survived, but he had lost all memories of his childhood.

Taemin was the only one who had stayed by his side through all of it.

 

“Taemin, thank you for being here, even though it must have been scary to see me in such a state.

“I promised someone I would watch over you no matter what.”

“Who?”

“Our dongsaeng. We played with her when we were kids because she lived in the same apartment building. She moved away before you had the surgery, but she told me to take care of you. Look! This is her.”

Taemin showed Minho a blurry picture. Minho could recognize himself, the tallest one in the picture. Taemin’s arm was around his shoulder. Standing between them, smiling happily, was a little girl in a white dress.

“But this picture is so unclear. How will I ever know her if I see her? She must not look the same anymore. It’s already been four years!”

“She’s the only girl you’ve ever kissed. Maybe you’ll know her if you kiss her.”

From then on, Minho kissed girl after girl, until he gave up on finding that dongsaeng and gave up on rediscovering his forgotten childhood.

But now, he was going to forget about Choi Jinri. Because now the one he loved was… Choi Sulli.

 

 --

 

“Oh! Look at this! It’s so cute! Doesn’t it look like you?” Sulli said, as she picked up a small stuffed frog.

She tickled its tummy like it was a real frog.

“Ya! How does that look like me?!”

“It’s the eyes,” Sulli said, looking from the frog to Minho.

Minho made his eyes very wide like a frog’s, causing Sulli to laugh uncontrollably.

“I am the handsome frog prince,” Minho said.

“I wonder what would happen if I kissed the frog prince?” Sulli said without thinking.

 

Minho suddenly became very serious. All traces of laughter disappeared from his face. He stared at Sulli’s face, and gradually leaned forward. She stayed still, her eyes wide with innocent wonder. Sulli was so pure; everything was new to her. Minho loved her purity more than anything. 

Sulli’s heart was about to burst. The night sky, the street lights, and the lively atmosphere all faded away.  She gazed longingly at Minho. Shadows danced across his face, but his eyes remained bright.

I thought it was only affection… but could it be that I am actually … falling in love?

They both thought at the same time.

 

Finally, they leaned towards each other and their lips touched, tenderly at first.

Then, Sulli instinctively opened , willing Minho to deepen the kiss. He gently used his tongue to trace her lips and then felt her tongue meet his.

They kissed like that until Minho felt her breathe out a moan. Unable to control himself, he wrapped his arms around her waist and let his hands inch up her smooth back. Sulli arched her back at his touch, and her body pressed closer to his. The heat of their passion intoxicated them.

“Mmm-Minho!” Sulli panted into his mouth, calling him without the word “oppa” for the first time. Minho’s hand trailed gently down her back. Every one of his movements felt so heavenly against Sulli’s skin. Sulli’s arms tightened around Minho. Her lavender smell made him crazy.

“Sulli… Sarangh-”

 

“W-wait! I can’t!” Sulli finally broke off the kiss with tears in her eyes. She backed away from Minho, and then finally turned around and ran away from him.

“Sulli!” Minho yelled after her, dumbfounded.

 

Minho’s POV

Damn! She must think that she’s just another girl I’m playing. How could I have messed up?!

“A person who kisses with no intention of loving must be very cold.”

I am cold, but you are the white sun in the morning that fills my heart with warmth.

Sorry, Sulli… I can’t be the frog who turns into your prince. I can’t change what an ugly person I am.

 

Sulli’s POV

I kissed him! I couldn’t help it.

But I can’t make the same mistake again….He could never love someone like me.

“A person who kisses with no intention of loving must be very cold.”

I know that I am not the person who is meant to be with him, even though he is like the red sunset that fills my heart with passion.

Sorry, Minho… I can’t be the princess who turns you into a prince. I can’t change what an ugly person I am.

 

--

 

fun facts!

1. Sulli once donated 500kg of rice wreaths to an institution for malnourished children.

2. Sulli and Minho always wear the same black-and-white striped shirt. 

 

hehehe how was this chapter, everyone?

I know that Minho wasn't able to remember his past because of the kiss. I was disappointed as I wrote it too. 

I always update very fast because you guys make me so happy heeheehee, so please keep voting and commenting!