chpt.21 THE TRUTH REVEALED

Looks Like Love

Minho's POV 

 

Minho yelled in fury as he threw his fist at the punching bag with all his strength. 

He felt like he would explode from the pain in his heart. These days, he barely ate anything and he couldn’t fall asleep at night. His eyes were becoming swollen and his head was always aching. All because of Sulli…

IF she cared about me at all, how could she act like she was in love with me when she actually just wanted to forget me?

All this time, while I was living with so much pain because I was struggling to recover my memory for her, she had already decided to forget me. I was so lost…

Yet when I met her, she acted like she had never known me. When I told her about losing my memory, she didn’t say a thing. 

It's my fault too. I hurt her when we were young so that she could go live an unburdened life. And I got what I deserved. Her life has been much better without me. That’s why she must have decided to forget about me…

She had wanted to get rid of me so much that she even made sure I wouldn’t remember her or think of her anymore.

How cruel to let me fall in love with her again when she doesn’t care for me.

To her, my love is meaningless.

 

--

 

“Aaah!”

Minho was about to knock on Yuri’s door when he heard a voice cry out from somewhere in the apartment complex. 

He instantly recognized that it was Sulli. It sounded like it was coming from somewhere on this floor…

What happened to her?

A vision of someone hurting or harassing Sulli entered his mind. His heart began to beat fast with fury and anxiety. There was nothing he hated more than the thought of some filthy man touching or threatening innocent Sulli.

Without thinking, he let the red dress slip from his hand and he instantly began to run down the hall, looking desperately for Sulli.

 

Finally, he saw her standing near the stairs. She looked beat up, with bruises on her arm and scrapes on her knee. A suspicious man was standing close to her and touching her face.

Who is that bastard?

Minho instinctively walked over and put his arm around Sulli. He pulled her towards him protectively.

“Minho oppa?!” she looked confused.

 

Suddenly, Minho noticed the man's face.

“Jonghyun-sshi?!” Minho looked at him in shock.

Minho and Jonghyun sometimes drank together when they used to live in the same apartment building. However, Jonghyun had moved recently and Minho hadn’t seen him in a while.

Why had he been touching Sulli’s face like that? And why were they standing so close?

Minho brought Sulli even closer to him. She looked awkwardly from Jonghyun to Minho.

 

“Minho-sshi?” someone called out from behind him.

Yuri was standing there with her arms folded. 

Minho felt Sulli shake nervously.

He knew that she didn’t like tense situations but he didn’t want to let her go while Jonghyun was still standing there. Although he knew it was irrational to feel possessive, he held onto Sulli tightly. She looked up at him questioningly with her pure face.    

 

“Minho-sshi? What are you doing? It is time to leave for our date” Yuri hissed.

Sulli pulled away from Minho. She bowed to Yuri.

“Yuri eunni, you look so elegant” she said to try and break the tension.

Jonghyun smiled because of Sulli's kindness. He moved close to her. Minho instantly regretted letting her escape his arms when he saw the way Jonghyun looked at Sulli. He felt like he would start boiling from jealousy.

The whole situation was too much for Minho.

 

“Come with me!”

He impulsively grabbed Sulli by the wrist and ran out of the building with her.

“O-Oppa!” she cried but he continued running without responding.

He led her to his car.

“Get in” he said sternly.

She blinked in confusion but went in on the passenger side. He went to the driver’s side and started the car.

“Where are we going? We just left Jonghyun-sshi and Yuri-sshi there without saying anything… They’re going to think we’re rude, oppa!”

“Do you dare to call me oppa when you’ve made it clear that you have never considered me an oppa? Do you still think of me as an oppa after you’ve played with my feelings like this?”

Minho’s temper rose and he stepped on the gas pedal. The car swerved dangerously.

“Be careful!” Sulli cried out.

She grabbed onto his arm as he continued to drive at a crazy speed. Sulli looked at him with bright eyes that pleaded for him to calm down. He slowly released the pedal.

She let go of his arm and sat there quietly with no expression.

 

After hours of driving, they arrived just as the sun was rising. He parked the car and they sat in silence.

“Why did we come here?” Sulli finally said.

 

They were at their elementary school.

Although it had been over a decade, everything still seemed the same. Minho saw the field where he once practiced soccer and the bench where Sulli once sat to watch him. He saw the playground where Minho and Taemin once took turns pushing Sulli on the swing.  The track outside where he stood and watched Sulli through a classroom window. The patch of grass where the three of them would eat lunch and talk before school.

 

“This is the place of my childhood, which was lost for so many years”

He got out of the car and sat on the grassy field. Sulli came and stood next to him.

The spring breeze blew gently against their skin. They felt like children again, watching the sunrise together.

 

“Sulli-yah, what do I mean to you?” Minho finally asked.

He didn’t look at her but he noticed that she sat down beside him.

“When we were young, I was spoiled because there were so many boys around me and they all called me sweet and lovable even though I just wanted to be left alone. But you always teased me or scolded me so I thoue. Then I started to realize that you seem hard on me but you have a soft heart. You have that charisma. I wanted to follow you everywhere no matter what because you inspired me like that”

“I remember that there was not a day when we did not see each other. Even though there were rare times when we couldn’t see each other during the day, you always came over at night to tell me to sleep well”

Minho smiled at the memory. His heart was filled with mixed feelings. Their childhood was so sweet, but he was still stinging from the pain of Sulli’s betrayal. She had hidden these memories from him, so didn’t it mean she wanted to pretend the past didn't exist?

“When we were young, I didn’t understand that what I was feeling was actually love. Whether you and I were siblings or lovers, it didn’t matter to me because I was happy just being near you” Sulli said wistfully.

She inched closer to Minho so that their shoulders were touching.

 

“Then why did you abandon me like that? When I woke up from the operation, the first person I thought of was you. But you weren’t there. Is it because I acted cold to you?”

“Aniyo! I was so scared when I heard about the operation. Every single day, I thought about catching the train to see you. But it was selfish of me since I knew you didn't want to see me. You would want to see Yuri’s face when you woke up from the accident. When you and Yuri kissed… I thought, that really looks like love

Minho turned his head to look at Sulli’s face. She was smiling sadly.

“You saw me with Yuri?!”

“Ne… I was out with Taemin when we saw you on your date. I was intending to say good-bye to you before I boarded the train but then I was too cowardly and just left because I did not want to be a nuisance”

“Why didn’t you say anything to me?! I didn’t want that kiss with Yuri! I have only ever wanted to kiss you. You are always a pabo who assumes things”

Minho lightly flicked Sulli’s forehed.

She looked at him in surprise.

“But you told me I wasn’t beautiful or mature… I thought that you had grown up so you thought I was burdensome. Yuri eunni is much better for you”

“You thought I chose Yuri over you? After all the times I told you that I love you no matter what. That’s why you left me and pretended to forget my existence for the past ten years?! How could you have such little faith in me?”

“I was holding you back! I wanted to become the kind of person who deserves your love. I thought I was an annoyance to you so it would be better if you just forgot me”

Sulli started to cry. She buried her face in her arms.

“Sulli-yah. You really thought that I could love Yuri instead of you. You are really the greatest pabo in this world… The only person more foolish than you is me for letting you go”

 

-Flashback-

(five days ago)

Minho was about to knock on the door to Yuri’s dressing room when he heard Sulli and Yuri talking in low voices.

“Sulli-yah… Are you the same Sulli from our elementary school days?” Yuri said.

“Bwo?”

“I have always thought that you looked familiar, but I didn’t realize that the Sulli from childhood was now working as an SM creative manager. I thought you were still modeling. They said that you had been discovered by a fashion house in America. But you have been working as a lowly stylist all along? Why did you stop modeling?”

“I received offers in America but I wanted to style clothing because that is what I have loved to do since I was a child. How did you suddenly recognize me?”

“Because I saw you looking at Minho-sshi. It looks like love, just like the way you looked at him as a child”

“Aniyo! It’s not love. I just see him as an oppa. It has always been that way. You are the one who should truly be with him”

 

Minho felt the bitterness in his heart grow. If Sulli wanted to get rid of him so badly that she would just hand him off to another girl, maybe he really would start dating Yuri.

“Actually, I know you have an effect on him. He’s always well-mannered and polite when he’s with me. But in front of you, he suddenly becomes so human. He can’t hide any of his emotions. Whether he feels childish or happy or angry … It is all over his face. Even on set at this photo shoot, it is so obvious that he’s affected by your presence”  

“He is irritated by my presence....”

“But don’t you realize what that means? Only you have such a powerful effect on him that he could become so angry. You two have a connection that I can’t compete with …. But that doesn’t mean I won’t try. Because I have genuine feelings for Minho while you seem to be playing with him” 

“I sincerely give you my blessing” Sulli said.

Minho scowled. How could she so easily give up on him and give Yuri her blessing? She truly did not care about him at all... 

“Just like twelve years ago. I still have the letter you wrote to me when we were young, so I will try my best to make Minho happy” Yuri said.

What letter?

 

When Yuri and Sulli left the dressing room, Minho went inside. The letter was lying on a chair. He picked it up.

 

Yuri eunnie:

I do not know you too well since I am only an underclassman, but please listen to what I have to say since you love Minho just like I do.

He has been like family to me for a long time but now I am leaving and I won’t ever see him again.

Please take care of him. Sometimes, he is hard to handle since he is very stubborn and proud so just let him win arguments because it makes him happy. Although he is too competitive, don’t try to change him and just support him in everything that he does. And even if he seems serious, he likes to have fun so make jokes with him whenever he’s stressed or tired. He is actually very vulnerable like a child. Sometimes, he just randomly says thoughtless things like “I’m good-looking. I’m the best.” It sounds arrogant but you will find him cute. In the mornings, the first thing he does is check his phone for messages. You should always leave him messages even if they are just nonsense. He can be a cold perfectionist but a man cannot be without a woman's soft touch. So please care for him. 

No matter what, keep loving him well!

Thank you eunnie~

From Sulli.

 

Minho’s eyes were flooded with tears. Is this really what Sulli had wanted? To forget about him and let him be with Yuri? Sulli knew him so well, yet she gave it all up. 

If this is what she wanted, then he would make her wish come true.

He would date Yuri.

 

--

 

Can you live without Sulli?

 

“Sulli-yah, I can't take it anymore. I don’t love Yuri. I love you” Minho whispered.

“Bwo?!”

Sulli lifted her head up and looked at Minho. When she turned around, she realized that their faces were barely centimeters apart. His eyes pierced hers intensely.

“We are never honest about our feelings. I was cold to you when we were young because I thought I would get in the way of your opportunity to model. I got into that accident because I realized I couldn’t let you go and started to chase after you while you were boarding the train. And now… ten years later, I fell in love with you again. I won’t make the same cowardly mistake of pushing you away. I was angry that you hid the past from me because I was afraid that it meant you didn't care about me. I don’t love anyone but you! Sulli… Saranghae”

Minho pressed his lips against Sulli’s and wrapped his arms around her neck.

“Minho-sshi!” Sulli cried out.

“Bwo?” Minho asked.

His heart beat with fear of what Sulli would say. Could this mean the end?

 

“Minho. I will never stop loving you”

They kissed passionately.

Sulli’s soft body was in Minho’s arms. He laid her down in the cool grass and pinned her between his arms. He brushed his fingers through her short hair. She traced the features of his face with her finger. Neither of them could get enough of each other.

 

Twelve years of buried feelings…

Birds chirped as the white sun rose in the sky.

The love between Sulli and Minho had finally been rediscovered.   

 

--

 

 

 

 

So I was really going to have Minho act cold for more chapters, but I couldn't stand it so I had him forgive her in this chapter. 

hahaha has anyone else noticed that Minho always reads other people's things? Like Sulli's notebook, Taemin's assignment book, and Yuri's letter. he's so bad kekeke. 

 

SO ANYWAY, how was the chapter??!! So much dialogue, I hope it wasn't too burdensome to read. Future chapters will include more skinship, I promise!

 

fun facts: everything about minho written in sulli's letter is true. 

 

GUYS I NEED MORE FUN FACTS. if you have any, leave one in the comments ;)