chpt.06

Looks Like Love

 

Minho’s POV

 

The director was looking through the hotel reservations with a look of concern.

“We forgot to get reservations for Minho because he just transferred…”

Minho frowned. He looked over to Sulli for her reaction, but he was startled to see her looking sickly. There were dark circles under her sunken eyes, and she seemed to have trouble breathing. Minho kept his eyes on her frail form. 

“It is against hotel policy for three people to be in one room but it looks like there is no space in the hotel for us to get another room…”

The director talked quietly to himself as he shuffled through the papers in his hands, shaking his head.

Sulli did not seem to hear him. Her face was pale, and her eyes kept fluttering wearily. She leaned against the column weakly.

What’s wrong with her?

Minho moved closer to her.

“Sulli, it looks like Minho will have to room with you tonight.”

Bwo?!

Suddenly, Sulli’s body slipped from the column as she fainted. Minho quickly lunged to catch her. His arms wrapped around her waist before she could touch the floor. 

 

Everyone hurried over to Minho, who was now sitting on the ground with Sulli lying unconscious in his arms.

Key grabbed Sulli’s limp hand with concern.

“What happened to her?!” he wailed.

All the other models crowded around Sulli. The younger models almost had tears in their eyes from anxiety.

“She must have overworked herself”

“It’s our fault for not watching over her”

“How can we have our show without her?”

“We rely on her too much”

 

Heechul pressed his hand against Sulli’s forehead and then felt her pulse.

“She has a fever”

“Minho, carry her to the van and then take her straight to your room when we arrive at the hotel” the director instructed.

“Why is Minho rooming with her?" a model whined.

"It’s not like the SM playboy can take care of anyone!”  

“I want to switch with Minho!”

“An older hyung like me is more capable of taking care of Sulli”

“Switch with me, Minho!”  

 

“That’s enough! Minho will be in a room with Sulli. The hotel doesn’t allow for room switches, and all of you need to focus on the upcoming show. I will assign an intern to take care of Sulli” the director said.

“The director is so cold” the models muttered.

“Don’t worry, I promise I will take care of Sulli” Minho said, bowing.

Sulli is so important to everyone. I must make sure she becomes the happy and healthy Sulli again.

Onew and Jonghyun put their arms around Minho to indicate their support, as everyone made their way to the van waiting outside the airport.

--

 

Knock knock. Minho heard someone knock at the door.

Sulli was tucked warmly into bed. She was breathing peacefully, her chest rising and falling with each breath.

Minho walked silently to the door and opened it.

“Minho, is Sulli in bed?” the director whispered.

Minho nodded and pushed the door open wider so that the director could see.

“That’s all we can do for now. An intern is out buying medicine for her, but all she needs is rest. I have adjusted the schedule so that both of the Menswear shows are tomorrow. The Womens’ department will have their show tonight, so please change and meet in the lobby to support the women.”

Minho nodded slowly, and the director left.

Minho looked towards Sulli’s sleeping form and sighed. She looked so small and fragile when she wasn’t being a lively busybody.

How could you be so stupid? I knew you would get sick.

He walked over and saw her shiver. He pulled the sheets up further and brushed the hair lightly from her face. Each breath that came from her soft lips sounded like a sigh.

“Why are you sighing, Sulli? I told you to be careful. Why are you always taking care of everyone instead of yourself? Even a homeless man…”

Minho whispered to her peaceful face and lightly caressed her colorless cheek. 

She's burning up... 

He went into the bathroom to soak a compress in cold water. He went over and placed it on her feverish forehead. Then, he moved a chair over and sat down. He took her cold hands into his warm hands, and sat still, watching Sulli’s face for any signs of pain.

Sulli, you’re my dongsaeng now so I must cherish you. 

 

[Flashback]

“Why do you want me specifically?”

Minho hesitated. He didn’t know what to say. Why did he even want a little sister to begin with? It must be because he felt lonely without Taemin. 

What was it about Sulli? The compassion in her touch, the loveliness of her face, the cuteness of her eye smile… the way she scrubbed the make-up off his face, the way she looked when the sun shone on her skin, the way she led the department meetings. Strong and soft at the same time. 

Minho didn't know what he was thinking. She's just a childish pabo.

Finally, he just smirked.

“You’re not y enough to be my girlfriend.”

Her eyes widened. She didn’t look hurt, but she was taken aback. Finally, she laughed.

“Deal. But only if you buy me orange juice whenever I want it”

“Why?”

“Because orange juice makes everything better. It always makes me happy no matter what, so oppa has to give me orange juice whenever I’m sad”

 

Minho smiled as he used one hand to take a bottle of cold orange juice out of his bag. He put it on the bedside table.  

Knock knock.

Someone knocked noisily on the door.

That must be the intern with some medicine.

Minho rose to get the door, but suddenly, he felt Sulli’s hand tighten as she held onto him.

“Ani… don’t go. It’s cold” she breathed in her sleep.

Wait, Minho! Please don’t leave. I hate the cold.

Minho heard a little girl crying vaguely in his memory. Who was it? Why was everything that Sulli did so familiar? 

Minho shook his head. In his life, there had been too many girls to remember.

Now, he had to forget them and focus on his dongsaeng Sulli. 

 

 

Minho gently let go of Sulli’s hand and went to open the door. The intern handed the canister of pills to Minho.

“Please take care of her well. Oh, and she hates taking medicine so you might need to use some force”

Minho nodded solemnly. The intern turned to leave.

“Wait! Please tell the director that I can’t make it to the Womens’ show tonight because I need more time to prepare for tomorrow’s show”

The intern hesitated, knowing that Minho was probably lying. However, she nodded before leaving.

 

Minho returned to Sulli’s bedside, taking her hand back into his and pressing it to his lips.

Then, he crushed a pill and mixed it with orange juice in a little cup. He fed it to Sulli, who parted her lips willingly. 

I don’t know why I care about you like this. I know you must think I am just a playboy who hurt your best friend, right? 

You wouldn’t be wrong. To be honest, the only person I’ve ever loved is Taemin. He used to take care of me like this. One time, I had to get intensive surgery... Taemin was the only one there when I woke up. Now, he has to get surgery but I can’t be by his side.

So I will be by your side, dongsaeng.

With those thoughts, Minho fell asleep, still holding Sulli’s hand.

--

 

Brrrrr. Brrrr.

Minho opened his eyes wearily to the sound of his phone vibrating. He reached for it with one hand, and looked at the screen.

 

From: Yuri

“Hey, are you in Busan? You weren’t at the show tonight… let’s meet. I want to talk”

 

Minho rubbed his eyes with his one free hand. Sulli’s hand was still holding tightly to his other hand. He smiled and gave her soft hand a gentle squeeze.

 

Brrrrr. Brrr.

“Let’s meet in the lounge on the fourth floor. Otherwise, I’ll come to your room”

 

Minho shifted in his seat. Damn it.

Why did Yuri want to meet him? It was over between them. Minho had made that very clear. He looked at Sulli.

"Ani… don’t go

But he had to. Otherwise, Yuri would come over.

He let go of Sulli’s hand. She moaned quietly when he broke contact. For some reason, the sound was almost arousing, at the same time that it was saddening. He kissed her forehead, and noticed that the fever was receding.

Then, he turned off the light and shut the door behind him as he walked toward the lounge.

 

“What do you want, Yuri?” 

Yuri was already waiting for him when he arrived. She looked beautiful in a tight black dress. But Minho did not feel anything for her.

“Why weren’t you at the show tonight?” she asked as she sipped her tea elegantly.

“I had to prepare for my own show”

“I see”

“What did you want to talk about?”

“Can’t we have a conversation first? Just because we aren’t dating doesn’t mean we can’t be friends, right?” Yuri said kindly.

She reached out her perfumed hand. Before, he would have been tempted by the sweet smell of her perfume. But now, Minho prefered the subtle lavender smell of Sulli's hair. 

“I’m sorry. I’m just tired and I don’t have much time to waste” Minho said.

He did not touch Yuri’s hand. She frowned slightly.

“Why aren’t we together? We’re SM’s power couple, aren’t we?”

“These kinds of feelings can’t be forced. You know that we were just acting the entire time”

Yuri looked taken aback. She put her hand back into her lap.

“Well, the fans still want us to be together… which is why the director wants us to be in a series of couple shoots”

Minho frowned. Yuri was kind and sophisticated, but she cared too much about her image.

Whenever Minho was with her, he felt simply bored. He wanted to laugh along with Sulli, who acted childish and sweet. He wanted to buy her orange juice and poke her cheeks.

“That includes a wedding shot too” Yuri finally said.

Then, she picked up her expensive purse and walked away.

Sighing, Minho began to walk back to his room.

 

When Minho returned, Sulli was still asleep.

The rosy shade of her cheeks began to return, and her breaths became softer. Minho walked over to change the cold compress on her forehead.

Her sweet lips were parted slightly. They looked soft and tender, just like Sulli.

Without thinking, Minho leaned down and let his lips touch hers. He closed his eyes, mesmerized by the smell of lavender and the taste of her lips.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” a voice demanded.

Minho quickly turned around to see Heechul standing at the doorway.  

 

-- 

 

an update for you before the weekend is over! 

please continue to give me feedback and support. it really motivates me! oh, and don't worry, this isn't the last of minho and sulli rooming together! I haven't included a lot of skinship, but there is loots to come! 

loveeeeeeee.