chpt.03

Looks Like Love

Minho’s POV

 

Minho walked confidently down the runway, trying his best to hide his frustration.

He could see the critical eyes of the director watching from the audience. 

And he knew Sulli was watching him from backstage. He didn't want to disappoint her.

No matter what, he had to keep a straight face, even though he felt irritated in his heart because of the way Sulli kissed Heechul’s cheek.

Why did it bother him so much? He barely knew Sulli... 

He remembered the way Sulli’s hand felt in his. So small and familiar … This must be how it feels to hold a little sister’s hand.

 

Minho and Taemin had always wanted a younger sister to play with. When they were still in grade school, they used to play with a little girl who lived in the same apartment complex. But she moved away after just a year. After that, it was just Minho and Taemin being rowdy boys and causing trouble.

Of course, Minho met many girls but he could never get close to them. They never tried to understand him so he felt that Taemin was the only one truly close to him. 

Taemin … Minho always found himself thinking about his memories of Taemin.

 

Lost in his thoughts, Minho walked off the runway.

All the other models introduced themselves and congratulated him by applauding backstage.

“You are definitely ready to debut as a Menswear model in the show tomorrow!” Key said happily.

The other models nodded in agreement. Minho bowed in thanks.

He noticed Heechul was the only one who was quiet. What exactly is his relationship with Sulli?

 

Sulli came backstage after talking to the manager. Her happiness shone on her face. She looked like an innocent child when she was smiling like that with her face flushed and her hair flying loose. 

“Everyone did so well today! The director is so impressed. Let’s do just as well tomorrow. Fighting!”

Sulli was so happy that tears flowed from her eyes.

Why is she so happy over a simple rehearsal? Just like a child….

 

“Sulli-ssi, you are always like this after every rehearsal and every show” Onew said.

“It’s because you all work hard to make me so happy every time” Sulli said.

“You care too much about us” Heechul said and he reached over to mess her hair.

One by one, each model finished changing and left the room. As they left, they patted Sulli’s back affectionately.

 

Finally, only Minho was left in the room.

“Thank you for staying like I asked. Come with me to the studio so that I can determine your measurements and arrange your clothes” Sulli said. 

Minho had just finished putting on his shirt. Sulli helped him to adjust the collar. Minho reached over to stop her, and his fingers briefly touched hers. Her fingers were as delicate as a little bird’s wings. Minho felt a warm sensation.

“Ah… I can do it myself” Minho said. 

Nobody had ever cared for Minho before, except Taemin. The girls who he dated would touch him, but in a way like they wanted to own him. They never treated him with the kind of gentleness that Sulli did.

But she takes care of everyone like this. Heechul, especiallyIt is only because I am a model like everyone else.  

“Yah! Stop scowling… it will give you wrinkles!”

Sulli’s voice cut through Minho’s thoughts.

“Come on!”

She led him out of the rehearsal room. They went up several flights of stairs to get to Sulli’s studio.

 

When she opened the door, Minho was almost blinded by the sunlight in the room. The back wall of the room was actually a large-panel window. Light from the colorful sunset spilled across the entire studio.

The studio was very modern.

Minho noticed a bulletin board on the wall behind Sulli’s desk. Magazine clippings and glossy photographs were pinned up. Colorful images of new designs and runway trends were scattered across the board. There were pictures of the Menswear models and other SM models like Luna and Victoria. Minho noticed some supermodels he once dated, such as Krystal and Yuri.

However, one particular photograph caught Minho’s attention… a photo of him and Taemin. Why would she have a photo of us if she’s in a completely different department?

 

“Palli! Come on. It’s getting late” Sulli said as she pointed to a chair next to the window.

Minho was about to ask about the picture but Sulli was busy looking for a measuring tape. Minho decided to ask later.

Maybe sportswear just gives Sulli some ideas about menswear…

Minho walked over to the chair so that half his body was bathed in sunlight. He noticed Sulli’s eyes roam over his strong arms and long legs. For some reason, he felt exposed. No one had looked at him in that way before, the way an artist looked at a painting or a gardener looked at a flower.

She is just examining me so that she can get the clothes fitted.

 

She walked over to him with the measuring tape.

“You’ll have to take your shirt off”

“Bwo?!”

“I can’t get accurate measurements with your shirt on”

Minho hated how Sulli was so professional. He had never been sensitive about his body before, but he felt vulnerable now. 

Hesitantly, he started to his shirt. His fingers fumbled, as he started to feel nervous.

“Here, let me do it!”

Sulli reached for his shirt and skillfully ed the shirt.

Minho’s eyes widened. Whenever Sulli touched him, he felt a peculiar sensation in his heart. Her gentle touches made him feel cherished. 

But she is only doing her job.

 

As she measured, Sulli was so close to Minho that he could feel the warmth of her body. Once again, he could smell lavender and he felt like he could drown in the scent.

She wrapped the measuring tape around his waist. The soft fabric of her shirt brushed against his skin. Her fingers felt hot against his abs.

She then took a bobby pin from her hair to keep the measuring tape in place as she scribbled down measurements. Her hair fell around her shoulders and brushed against Minho’s skin.

 

Sulli worked quickly and silently. Minho was usually charismatic, but he realized that he felt shy in the presence of Sulli.

He just wanted to watch her work. He admired the gentleness of her hands and the tenderness of her face. I admire her...

Sulli also said nothing, as she was focused on her work.

 

When she finally finished, her usual cheery self was back.

“All done! Thanks for being patient. Now, can you just sit over here while I coordinate a few arrangements? I just need to use you as a reference, and you might have to try on a few pieces"

Why is everything that comes out of all business all the time?!

“I am a busy man too, you know” Minho muttered under his breath.

Sulli frowned.

Instantly, Minho regretted saying anything. How could I hurt her?

“No, I meant… Of course I will stay”

He quickly sat down.

“Kamsahamnida” Sulli whispered stiffly.

 

She went to the closet in the studio and began to pull out different fabrics.

“Why are you working in the menswear department?” Minho asked as he shifted in the seat.

He was already bored. Because he was always active since he was young, he hated sitting still. 

“I know more about clothes for men than clothes for women. As a child living with my grandmother, I always played with the boys who lived near me. And when I moved back in with my parents, I grew up with two brothers and my godbrother Heechul. So ever since I was young, I was surrounded by so many different boys. Of course the natural thing for me to do is arrange clothes for all their different personalities”

So Sulli grew up with boys. It is in her instinct to take care of them. 

 

“Heechul is your godbrother?” Minho felt curious. 

“Ne. His mother and my mother have been friends for a long time”

“Then what did he mean when he said that a man must have a woman by his side?”

Minho knew that he was making it obvious that Heechul's comment bothered him.

“That is the motto I live by. For example, men’s clothes cannot be too masculine. They need a touch of the feminine to make them more natural. In life, too, a man becomes too cold without a woman’s softness to balance it. A flower cannot be without petals and petals cannot be without the flower. After Heechul told me he doesn’t want to be in a relationship with any women, I warned him that he shouldn’t be stubborn”

“But you don’t want to be in any relationship either, right? Doesn't a woman also need a man's touch? The petal also needs the flower”

“I have all you models to take care of”

Sulli laughed. Her smile filled her entire face, so Minho could see that it sincerely came from the heart. 

She truly adores everyone like they are her flower.... 

She began to hum happily as she worked. Her voice was sweet and peaceful.

 

Minho gazed affectionately at her. The sun began to set, and he felt his eyelids begin to grow heavier. Finally, he felt himself falling asleep.

“Minho, you really are an athlete rather than a model. If you stay still for even ten minutes, you just fall asleep?” Sulli whispered.

“Mmmmmm”

Minho drifted asleep to the sound of Sulli’s quiet singing. He felt someone put a soft blanket over him and kiss the top of his head with lips soft as flower petals, but he didn’t know if it was a dream or not. 

Even if it was, he smiled. 

Ever since I was young, I have tried to be a strong man who protects Taemin and never gets hurt.

If someone would be my petals, I would like to bloom like a flower... 

--

 

I just decided to upload all the slow chapters. 

fun fact: heechul once said "since I’m already so good-looking, I do not need to see girls who are pretty."

when sulli talked about the petals of a flower, that is also a quote by heechul. he actually calls his fans Petals. but I took that quote and made my own interpretation for this story. 

comment and subscribe please! tell me how you like the story.