chpt.23

Looks Like Love

Minho's POV 

 

“Aish, I shouldn’t have eaten so much”

Jonghyun slammed down his chopsticks. Minho was eating lunch with Jonghyun and Onew, since he had an hour of free time before the TTBY shoot.

“Will you work out with me later today?” Jonghyun asked Minho.

“I don’t have time today” Minho said apologetically.

Sulli had woken up this morning not feeling so well, although she still insisted on coming to work.

It was Minho’s fault that Sulli was catching a cold, since she had stayed out in the strong wind to wait for him yesterday. His heart was filled with sorrow when he thought of her crying in his arms. He had caused her so much sadness…

This evening after the TTBY shoot, he planned to go over and make her dinner. Minho was feeling slightly tense, since he hadn’t seen Sulli all day. They passed each other briefly in the hall at one point but Sulli barely looked at him because there were people around who might see.

 

“Why are you so busy all of a sudden? You didn’t even come to work yesterday” Jonghyun mumbled.

“Actually, Luna told me that Minho stayed at Sulli’s apartment yesterday” Onew said simply and looked to Minho for confirmation.

“Bwo?!” Minho and Jonghyun yelled at the same time.

“Victoria is visiting family in China, so Luna thought Sulli might be lonely. But when she went over to visit Sulli at her apartment, she saw Minho and Sulli walking into the building together. Luna didn’t want to interrupt anything so she went out for some Korean barbeque with me instead”

Onew didn’t seem to understand why Jonghyun and Minho both looked like they were about to choke on the rice in their mouths.

Jonhgyun then turned to Minho.  

“You really do move fast. You were just dating Yuri! I’m warning you, Sulli is not like any of the other women you hook up with…”

“It’s not like that!”

“I don’t understand. I thought Minho and Sulli have been in love with each other for a while. Isn’t it obvious just by looking at them? Even the way he glances at her in the hallway looks like love”

Onew looked at Minho curiously while chomping down on a piece of chicken.

“Actually, I shouldn’t be revealing this but since you are my hyungs, I shouldn’t lie. I am in love with Sulli. It might be hard to believe since I have casually dated many women, but Sulli truly means everything to me”

Minho stared quietly at the plate of food in front of him. The blood was pounding in his head, since he had never acknowledged his feelings to anyone. He did not know what his hyungs would think.

“Pabo, you are choosing her over time with me?! If you don’t work out with me, you will get fat and Sulli won’t love you anymore”

Jonghyun broke the tension and laughed. He clapped Minho on the back to show his support.

“Fortunately, she doesn’t love me for my body” Minho smiled.

“How do you know?! If you stayed over at her apartment all night, did you do anything?”  

 “Don’t ask those kinds of questions, you ert! How could I do anything to taint her innocence like that?” Minho yelled.

That morning, they had woken up with Minho’s arms around Sulli’s waist. As a man, of course he had been aroused as he smelled the lavender of her hair and thought of her supple s. But she quickly rose out of bed to prepare for work. Minho had instantly felt guilty for desiring Sulli in such an unclean way.

 

“It’s wrong if you do it with just anyone. But shouldn’t it be natural if it’s with the one you love?” Onew said.

Throughout Minho’s life, he had never seen Sulli express lust. While other women sought to attract attention by dressing provocatively and acting coy, Sulli remained simple and clean. She must have let him touch her when she went into bed with him at their hotel room in Busan because she wanted to please him. She accepted his advances because she trusted him. But he didn’t want to be an aggressive man who wrongly took away her purity.

No matter how much they loved each other, there was no way Minho could corrupt her like that.

 

Jonghyun and Onew stood up to leave, since their photo shoot started before Minho’s.

“Ah, isn’t that Sulli right there?” Onew pointed to the door as he started to leave.

Sulli was laughing happily while walking next to her was … Lee Jonghyun? (*don’t be confused. Shinee’s Kim Jonghyun vs. CNBlue’s Lee Jonghyun)

Minho felt his face grow hot as he watched Sulli and Jonghyun standing close together and smiling warmly at each other. He noticed that Jonghyun even paid for Sulli’s food and pulled out the chair for Sulli before she sat down. It looked more and more like they were on a date…

“Who is the man with Sulli today? What a gentleman. I’m glad that Sulli has found someone kind to take care of her” someone said at the table next to Minho.

He glared over at Sulli and Jonghyun.

She barely looks in my direction when I see her, but it’s acceptable for her to be smiling and eating with Jonghyun while there are so many people around?

Minho felt like he was about to explode from frustration. He stood up from the table and pushed his chair back loudly. He walked past Sulli and Jonghyun without even glancing at them.

 

--

 

“Where is Sulli-yah?” the director asked Minho.

The shoot was supposed to start ten minutes ago but Sulli still hadn’t shown up. This only made Minho feel more irritated since he had spent all day waiting to see her. Was she still with Jonghyun?

“Sorry I’m late!”

Suddenly, Sulli ran into the studio. She was wearing a strange sweatshirt and panting from exhaustion.

“What happened to you?” an intern asked.

“I was having lunch and someone accidentally spilled soy sauce on my shirt so I changed and hurried here” Sulli said as she sat down next to Minho to catch her breath.

“Is that sweatshirt a gift from Kwon Jiyong? It doesn’t look like anything you’d usually wear, but you always wear anything that Jiyong designs and sends to you”

Before Minho could get over the frustration he felt over Sulli’s lunch date with Jonghyun, his heart stopped again as a staff member pointed out Sulli’s sweatshirt.

A gift from Jiyong? Why is the famous designer of the GDRAGON clothing line sending gifts to Sulli?

“Ne… He is daebak. I like to style his clothes” Sulli said.

Minho remembered that Key once said many designers sent clothes to Sulli because they wanted her to model them. Suddenly, Minho felt that his love for Sulli was not so exceptional. She was admired by so many talented people. Minho selfishly wished that he could keep her all to himself.

 

“Now that you’re here, I need to tell you and Minho that there will be reporters visiting today’s shoot. They may ask you some questions so I trust that you will answer appropriately” the director said.

Sulli and Minho nodded.

Today, they were modeling camping gear. As they headed to the dressing rooms, Minho walked ahead and ignored Sulli.

He changed slowly in the dressing room because his mind was filled with bitter thoughts of Sulli and other men. Siwon, Jonghyun, Jiyong….

Minho was really being driven crazy. Before he had put his shirt on, Sulli suddenly opened the door and charged into the room.

“Ya! I’m still half- here!” Minho yelled.

“Are you mad at me?” Sulli demanded.

Minho glared at Sulli.

Of course I am mad. Does she not know what commitment means? So insensitive to how I must feel when I have to see her eating lunch with other men and wearing the gifts that other men have sent her. Even now, does she have to look so lovable with that cap on?

Sulli walked over and leaned against Minho’s . She wrapped her arms around him.

“Don’t be mad, since I never do anything with the intention of hurting you. Even if I don’t say this, you understand my heart, right?”

Minho stayed silent. His pride was still hurt so he stubbornly said nothing.

Someone knocked on the door.

“What’s taking so long?! The reporters are here!” an intern shouted.

Sulli let go of Minho as he quickly finished putting his shirt and shoes on.

“Let’s go camping!” she said brightly.

They walked out of the dressing room together and met bright flashes as journalists began to take pictures of them.

 

“Choi Sulli, since your image in TTBY is of a woman who will do anything for love, is there a certain ideal type who you would do anything for?”

“I like oppas who make me laugh like Kwanghee oppa. He is a minor model who is always making me laugh on set” Sulli said brightly.  

 

“Choi Minho, this is one of your first major projects as a Menswear model. Do you think you portrayed your image well?

“I am still an amateur but I am trying my best. The image I present still has many weaknesses, as I am a boring person” Minho said sulkily.

 

Why did she have to say Kwanghee is her ideal type? Am I too serious and high-strung for her?

 

After the photo shoot, Minho decided that he wouldn’t go over and make dinner for Sulli after all. Even though he knew it was childish, he was feeling humiliated that Sulli did not even acknowledge him as her type.

He quickly changed and planned to meet Jonghyun at the gym. Suddenly, his phone vibrated with a text message.

 

From: Onew

Minho, I wanted to keep this as a secret but I have news: LUNA AND I ARE GETTING MARRIED! I am sorry I am telling you in a text message like this but I hope you are happy for me. I want you to be a best man so will you do me a favor today? Luna is trying on some wedding dresses so can you go and see which one suits her? She wants advice but I cannot see her dress before the wedding day!

 

Minho smiled as he read the message. Congratulations, hyung. Since you deserve someone who makes you happy and cooks chicken for you every day.

 

--

 

Minho parked the car and walked into the store. All the dresses on display were beautiful. Onew was truly a lucky man to be getting married, since a woman on her wedding day is always at her loveliest.

“Oppa! Over here!” Luna waved.

She was standing on the far end of the store. He waved and went over.

Suddenly, he noticed Sulli sitting on a couch and gazing at Luna in admiration.

“This dress is too loose around your waist but I can adjust it for you”

Sulli’s eyes were filled with pure happiness as Luna spun around in front of her.

Minho sat down next to Sulli wordlessly. She turned her head to look at him and smiled warmly. She reached over and gently squeezed Minho’s hand to soften his heart. But he couldn’t just let it go so easily, since she had hurt his pride.

Luna disappeared into the dressing room to change into another dress, leaving Sulli and Minho alone.

“Luna and Onew are truly perfect, don’t you think?” Sulli said.

“They are. Unlike you and me” Minho said curtly.

Sulli looked at Minho with a stunned expression. Her lip quivered as she tried to hide the hurt look on her face. She let go of Minho’s hand and looked away from him.

“It’s true that we have many imperfections” she whispered.

“Ne. it seems that I am not funny enough for you. I also don’t design clothes for you and I don’t get to eat lunch with you. It doesn’t seem like I am the one who deserves your love at all” Minho sulked.

Sulli stared at Minho in wonder. Without a word, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and hugged him closely. He looked at her in shock and confusion as she stuck out her bottom lip to make a pouty face.

“Minho is the only one who I could ever love. So even if I don’t get to show my feelings all the time, you are always on my mind and eternally in my heart. Jonghyun and I are from the same hometown so he was treating me to lunch as a courtesy. My mother would have wanted me to accept the invitation. If you think that people who design clothes for me are worth your jealousy, just think about the fact that I have spent all my life designing clothes for you. GDragon sends me clothes for publicity reasons. And you are the funniest person I know, since you become so upset over such petty reasons”

Sulli smiled and kissed Minho gently on his lips. She let go of him but he grabbed her arms and wrapped them around his body again. Then, he pressed his mouth against hers for a deep kiss. He breathed against her lips and released all the tension his body. She moaned ever-so-softly as his hand cupped her face.

Then, she broke away.

“We are in public” she whispered.

“Sulli, listen to me. It is hard enough for me to pretend that we aren’t together while we are at work. So don’t look at anyone else since you have me. Do you understand?”

He gazed seriously into her eyes as she nodded.

 

Luna appeared from the dressing room with a big smile. She was in the most glorious wedding dress. Sulli and Minho both gasped.  

“Luna, you’re a knockout” Minho said.

“Ya! You just told me not to look at anyone else. Don’t be a hypocrite!” Sulli lightly hit Minho’s arm.

However, she was smiling at Luna’s radiant appearance.

 

“Sulliiiieeee, you should try on a dress too, just for fun. You never wear anything very sophisticated, so just try one on now. For meeee” Luna pleaded.

Minho watched with amusement as Luna threw her arms around Sulli and did aegyo to try convincing her. He wondered how Sulli would look in a wedding dress  but couldn’t quite imagine it.

Sulli chuckled awkwardly because she never knew how to say no to Luna.  

She went into the dressing room with the dress Luna had selected for her.

“Just wait, Minho. Sulli may not seem like it but her body is to die for” Luna clapped in excitement.

 

When Sulli came out of the dressing room, Minho nearly choked.

Although Sulli had always been beautiful in his eyes, she now became a goddess. The lustrous dress illuminated the smooth curves of her figure and the supple whiteness of her skin. Her aura became almost dream-like. He was enchanted by her. Her bright eyes, her full lips, her elegant collarbone… Her entire being filled him with love.

Looking at her, Minho realized.

Why he felt so discontent whenever there was a moment that he couldn’t be with her, how he felt so frustrated when other men were close to her, and what a beautiful woman was standing in front of him.

Sulli was no longer the child he had known all his life. She was so much more.

I want to spend the rest of my life with her. 

 

--

 

Thank you guys for continuing to subscribe and comment and vote! 

All of you make me so happy. Sorry that I haven't posted that filler chapter yet; I will write it as soon as I have time. 

 

FUN FACTS (they aren't that fun this chapter): 

1. Sulli posted a me2day where she's wearing a PYREX 23 sweatshirt that looks just like GDragon's... they were in the same pose too! (but don't worry since Sulli loves only Minho ;)) 

2. Sulli and Jonghyun are from the same hometown. 

3. Sulli did say Kwanghee was her ideal type at a TTBY press conference, I think. And then in a Shinee Wonderful Day episode, Minho said that he was a boring person. Perhaps he wishes he were funnier so that he'd be more like Sulli's ideal type? 

 

GUYS YOU REALLY MUST COMMENT OR MESSAGE ME WITH MORE FUN FACTS!! 

<3