ENDING pt.02

Looks Like Love

Sulli yawned and stretched as the plane touched down in Korea.

She was finally home. The past fifteen days, she had missed her friends and family. Her room in New Zealand was large and expensive, but it felt empty and lonely, especially without Minho there.

Although he called her every day until she fell asleep, it wasn’t the same without his presence. She hadn’t seen or touched his face in so long.

Their wedding was in a few days, but she hadn’t been in Seoul to help with the planning. Minho assured her that everything was going smoothly, especially because all her friends were gathered in his house.

 

The plane landed, and all the passengers rose to get their luggage.

Sulli reached to grab everything from the baggage compartment. Suddenly, she felt a thin book fall and hit her on the head.

She reached down to pick it up and realized it was her pink notebook. She thought she had forgotten it and left it in Minho’s room.

Now that she had no secrets from him, she let Minho look through her notebook sometimes, especially so that he could give her feedback on some of her designs.

So she hadn’t been concerned when she realized she hadn’t brought her notebook with her to New Zealand. It turns out she must have just stuck it carelessly into a pocket of her bag.

She snatched it up and quickly filed off the plane.

 

--

 

Minho had an appointment with the wedding planner, so he couldn’t meet Sulli at the airport.

Taemin showed up to take her home with a smile on his face. She smiled and hugged him tightly as soon as she saw him.

“Thank goodness you’re back! We have all been trying to keep Minho busy with details for the wedding, because otherwise, he’d be sulking from how much he misses you”

Taemin took Sulli’s luggage from her as they talked and laughed on their way to the car.

 

--

 

“Oh no! There are no more spare pages in my notebook! I’ve used it all up”

Sulli was leafing through her notebook on the way home. It was old and the binding was even starting to fall apart, but she had never felt like replacing it because it meant so much to her.

 “Can you get a new one?”

Taemin kept a serene face as he drove, glancing momentarily at Sulli to make sure she wasn’t too upset.

 

“I suppose I will have to, but all my life’s greatest work is in this notebook”

“Like what?”

“Well, some of SM fashion house’s greatest hits are in this notebook! And, I had dreamed of and sketched out all these luxurious designs for women too…”

“You don’t work in the Womens’ department, so why are you concerned about those designs?”

“They are just breathtaking. Sometimes, I worry that I am becoming weak but I look at those dresses and I am assured of my own talent. They are all impractical designs from my imagination and it would cost a fortune to create them, but the sketches are still precious to me…”

Sulli chuckled in embarrassment. Why did those sketches mean so much to her anyway?

“Ah, well, if you imagined those dresses, then you can always improve yourself and design even more brilliant pieces, right?”

 “Yeah. They are just foolish masterpieces that I fantasized about anyway. I am childish”

“Every artist must exercise their craft”

Sulli thought of all the dresses she had designed with ripples of light silk and laced lining, designed for queens and empresses.

 

“Oh! What’s on this page?”

On the last page of the notebook, there was a note from Minho.

 

My dearest Sulli,

PABO! How could you carelessly forget your notebook everywhere? I saw it in my room and figured that you need it when you’re in New Zealand, so I placed it in your suitcase.

I will miss you to death, but don’t worry too much about me. Focus on your work and do well.

Our love has not been easy, but that is how I know it will stay strong through anything.

You are like the rising sun in the morning that brings pure light into my life.

I love you dearly,

Minho.

 

--

 

“Sulli, thank goodness you’re back! Wedding planning has been so stressful without you”

Key called out the instant Sulli arrived at home.

Everyone except Minho was gathered in there to plan the wedding, and they all hugged Sulli as soon as she entered the small apartment.

“I’ve missed you all so much! I’m so sorry I left all the planning to you guys”

“It’s been hard without you”

“But I thought we decided on a small, simple wedding at sunset with lavenders and—”

“There are still so many details! Minho has lost his mind. He’s been on over-drive, running like a mad man from one place to another in order to make the wedding flawless. But at least it keeps his mind off of how much he misses you”

“Aish, don’t make me feel guilty…”

 

“Hurry and eat something, and then we have to go get your wedding dress fitted”

Victoria umma ordered, as she appeared from the kitchen.

“A dress fitting? But I haven’t even tried one on, much less selected which one I want to wear…”

 

--

 

“WHAT IS THIS?!”

Sulli’s mouth open in surprise. Her mind was unable to process what she was seeing.

 

“It’s the dress that Minho had the fashion company make for you”

Victoria and Krystal smiled mischievously as they saw Sulli’s dazed expression.

“What? Where? How did they get this design?”

“Minho showed them the design, and everyone agreed to work together and create the perfect dress for you”

“But I designed this dress! It’s the same white dress in my notebook! But it costs so much to make! How is this possible?”

Sulli felt tears form in her eyes. It was so beautiful, the flowing fabric and intricate lace….

“The company has decided it’s a wedding gift to you. Minho the manly man has even insisted on helping to sew parts of it, although his handiwork is slightly messier…”

“I can’t believe it”

Sulli held the dress in her hands like they were threaded with magic, overflowing with love for her friends and for her groom.

 

--

 

Minho smiled handsomely as the sun began to set.

Sulli began to walk down the aisle, her pure and radiant beauty practically glowing as her dress flowed behind her.

The love of his life from the very beginning, since they were merely boys and girls playing together until now, as a man and woman. Their love began like a white dawn, filled with innocence, and now, as the sun set, one chapter of their lives was closing and another one was beginning.

 

“I do”