chpt.24 FILLER!

Looks Like Love

 

For me, MINSUL is particularly meaningful because I was not interested in either Shinee or f(x) or even Korean music culture until I started watching To the Beautiful You. They are the truest pairing me to because I did not know either of them before.

To be honest, I did not even start shipping MINSUL when I was watching TTBY. I respect Minho but his acting was unnatural. Yet I was charmed by many scenes because while Minho’s acting usually seemed too serious, there were sweet moments with Sulli when his expressions became real and natural. I think he was actually being himself, and those moments were truly heartfelt for him. Sulli even said that she felt that she was acting as herself throughout the filming. I don't think Minho was "acting" very much either, especially since Taemin once said that Minho can't hide his feelings; they are always apparent on his face. 

I started to ship MINSUL when I saw a Behind the Scenes clip where Minho and Sulli are playing around and holding the fans at each other. Their relationship off-screen is much more touching and genuine than their acting on-screen. So I believe that TTBY was not only about the connection between Tae Joon and Jae Hee but actually the emerging young love of Sulli abd Minho.

Many people think that MINSUL seems like an oppa-dongsaeng relationship but I think minstal are the real siblings. It doesn’t really make sense to think a pairing is perfect because they have identical personalities or common interests. Minho and Krystal are similar since they both seem to work hard to present an image of being cool and confident.

That is why both of them love Sulli; she always softens their hearts and makes them laugh. Sulli tends to bring out Krystal's dowb-to-earth and childish side. Just like Krystal, Minho is the kind of cocky person who doesn’t like anyone to see his flaws or vulnerabilities. Although he is usually masculine and competitive, and he acts very confident even when he is around Krystal or Yuri, he becomes so child-like when he is around Sulli. He tousles her hair and pokes her cheeks and plays around with her, rather than trying to be charismatic. 

Nobody else has this kind of effect on him except for Taemin. Taemin and Sulli are very similar (even in their pure looks), and Minho has said many times that he would date Taemin as a girl. 

Furthermore, Sulli may seem like a simple-minded person, but she is actually quite interesting. That is why she is close to many quirky people such as Heechul and Key, and she attracts unconventional artists like GD. I think Minho recognizes this, so he has been acting more ridiculous recently. He kept putting that trophy over s’ heads and then he even mentioned that he thought of himself as a boring person in one of the Wonderful Day episodes.

She also isn't easily charmed. I think she is actually quite reserved, especially since she has said that she rarely expresses parts of herself. She never names any real ideal types, since she once said Kwanghee as a joke and also sixty-year-old actor Ahn Sung Ki (because he has a gentle smile). That is why Minho had to send her messages first, although she has opened up a lot and she now messages him to "cheer up, oppa" when he is working and even posts her support on me2day. He also used to show off his body onstage, but Sulli didn't seem to be impressed with his abs. She has said that the manly type is alright but she prefers a sentimental person who will talk to her first. I think Minho has changed a lot to become more caring like her ideal type. Key used to say that Minho was the "existence of selfishness" but recently, he said that Minho is too generous.  

Ultimately, when he is around other women, he acts manly and charismatic. But he becomes gentle and playful around Sulli, helping her to take off the hockey gear during Running Man and playfully tugging on her shirt behind the scenes of High Cut. He always endeavors to catch her attention. They are like children; isn't that the purest kind of love?

I haven’t seen her act as open about her feelings for Minho but I think it is because she is shy and modest (and secretive) about how she feels. Usually, it is easy for her to be candid about her closeness with people who she cares about (on a platonic level). She gifted a hand-knit scarf to Heechul and sent home-made cookies to Kim Ji Hoon. And she even has couple items with Jiyoung. 

There is no way that Minho and Sulli are not close. In the DATV interview, she said that they communicated their feelings throughout the filming of TTBY and she even started to cry whenever she saw Tae Joon crying. However, she doesn't want to make their closeness too obvious. If they were only oppa-dongsaeng who were close like her and Heechul, she wouldn’t be so quiet about her friendship, right? She has a much more subtle connection with Minho. (Does that make sense?) 

So that’s why I ship Minsul.

Honestly, the way I feel about Minho and Sulli is evident throughout this fic, since I try to remain true to the real personalities of all the characters. Sulli and Minho complement each other flawlessly, like petals to a flower! And their interactions always look like love.

 

--

 

If you want, you should show this to ppl to convince them about minsul kekeke, although I wrote it very messily. I have many thoughts and I can't quite write them well. It is an important and positive thing to spread the minsul love! 

Even though this was only a filler, please continue to support this fic by commenting and upvoting!! It means a lot to me. 

AND PLEASE COMMENT/ MESSAGE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!

I love you all dearly ;)