chpt. 14 RETURN TO CHILDHOOD part I

Looks Like Love

I had an exam today and I got a good score, so here is an update!! It is only a short prologue so it doesn't reveal too much. hopefully, you'll still like it! 

 

--

 

THIRTEEN YEARS AGO. 

 

--

 

Minho's POV

 

 

“Minho, don’t you think she’s cute?”

Taemin pointed to a pretty pale-faced girl who was on the other end of the hallway.

She was leaning against the window, laughing with the older boys Yonghwa and Jokwon.

The morning sunlight illuminated her soft white skin and sweet lips. Her face was so bright that Minho felt like he was looking into the sun.

She caught Taemin and Minho looking at her. She smiled and waved at them.

Minho felt his face grow flushed. Her eye smile is so sweet…

 

Taemin pinched Minho’s arm and laughed.

“You’re blushing so hard that I can even see it through your tan skin”

“Why is she waving at us? Do you know her?”

“She’s a year younger than I am so I see her in several of my classes. She is rather shy since she just transferred to the school. Everyone really likes her though. She is like a little sunflower”

At the other end of the hall, she was laughing shyly and poking her face. One of the older boys reached over and tousled her hair. Even her short messy hair was charming.

“Why? There’s nothing special about her” Minho grumbled and looked away.

“You are really bad at hiding your feelings! Your feelings all over your face” Taemin laughed.

“She only looks like a sweet dongsaeng!” Minho said.

“Hahahaha… okay, I will stop teasing you. I know you only like long-haired noonas anyway”

Taemin waved to Minho as they separated to go to Homeroom.

 

--

 

Minho sighed in disappointment as he stared into the empty mail slot. He had been waiting weeks for an acceptance letter to the region’s most prestigious soccer program. But he still hadn’t heard from them…

Suddenly, he saw an arm reach for the mail slot next to his. He turned around and came face-to-face with Sulli. He had never been so close to her. Now that he was standing right in front of her, he could see her smooth face and silk hair. She smiled at him and Minho could feel himself starting to blush.

She is so effortlessly lovely like a flower petal. If only she could be my dongsaeng.

“Seonbae! Do you live in this building too? I just moved in with halmeoni”

Minho saw the number on her mail slot and realized that she was living right across the hall from him. She looked over and noticed it too.

“Oh! Seonbae! Are you living across from me? Daebak! Let’s become friends!”

She winked at him after retrieving her mail.  

They took the stairs to their floor together. Minho walked behind her and she hummed a children’s song quietly to herself like she was in her own world.

 

Suddenly, she tripped on a step and stumbled backward. Minho immediately caught her wrist and wrapped his arms around her to keep her soft body from falling.

Minho lost his mind for a moment as he held her to him. He felt his heart fluttering like it would fly right out of his chest.

Is this what it feels like to hug a dongsaeng…?

I can see why everyone adores her. 

 

“Sorry! I am so clumsy! Thank you for helping me”

Sulli stood upright and bowed. They walked awkwardly to the door, said good night, and went into their separate homes.

 

--

Sulli's POV

 

Sulli leaned against the door to catch her breath. Her heart was beating loudly like it would erupt out of her chest

This was the first time she felt so affected by a boy's touch. She put her hand over her heart to calm herself down. 

Is this what it feels like to hug the most popular boy at school?

Now I can see why so many girls admire him.

 

 

Sulli and Minho went to sleep that night filled with thoughts of each other.

What would happen to them as they lived across from each other? 

 

 

--

 

I want to thank you all for commenting. I was so touched!! My roommate was really surprised that you guys support me so much. 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! 

 

and here are the fun facts of this chapter:

1. taemin once compared his ideal girl to a sunflower. 

2. taemin once said that minho can't hide his feelings. they are always shown on his face hahaha. 

 

this chapter is very light. I wanted to start off the past with a sweet chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.