chpt.20

Looks Like Love

 

SULLI'S POV

 

It hadn’t been easy. 

These thirteen years … Not a day had passed that Sulli didn’t think of Minho.

What was he doing at that moment? Was he recovering well from the operation and living a good life? Had he found a new love?

As long as Minho was happy, Sulli could keep living without him by her side. She went through each day with a smile as long as she knew Minho was smiling too ... even if he was far from her. 

Her heart would never change. It would eternally be filled with the never-ending innocent love for Minho. Although his memory was lost and he would never think of Sulli again, those childhood days lived forever deep inside in Sulli's heart. 

Taemin mentioned the progress of Minho’s health in every letter that she received – she kept them all in her pocketbook. She had cried when she heard that he had to abandon his dreams of becoming a professional soccer player. She had smiled when she received news that he was top in his class when he graduated from middle school. 

So even if she could not see him or touch him or talk to him, she grew up while watching over him. 

She grew her hair out and debuted as a model because she thought Minho would want her to. She had thought becoming a woman would have made him proud. But she hated modeling because she did not want anyone to look at her with those eyes except for the Minho who she loved. Walking down a runway as a model felt like an unnatural act. She missed the foolish “gujil gujil” who was the real Sulli.

After just a year, she gave up modeling to become a stylist.

 

“Leave the modeling to beautiful people. I don’t want to model. If I am a model, I don’t do anything but look pretty. But if I arrange the clothes a model wears, I will always be a part of him”

Sulli told the SM director.

“Is there a particular model who inspires you?”

“Yes”

“Who?”

“Choi Minho”

 

In Sulli's heart, he was the only "model" who she wanted to design for.

The director made it a mission to find this Choi Minho and recruit him to SM.  A year later, Minho debuted as a model in the Athletes’ department.

Although Sulli was working for the Menswear department, she designed and arranged the clothes for Minho to model.

Each season, she was able to see him wear the clothes she had created. That was her way of loving him.

So even when Minho started to date girl after girl and became the SM playboy, Sulli did not feel jealous. Because every day, the clothes he wore were all lovingly sewn with Sulli’s delicate fingers. And for Sulli, that was enough.

Until he came back into her life.

 

--

 

“It’s true what they say. The more you trust, the greater the betrayal. The more you love, the greater the harm”

Minho said coldly. He threw Sulli’s notebook onto the ground and walked out of the room without looking back.

Sulli stood there pathetically and looked at the notebook with tears gathering in her eyes.

There was nothing she could do now. She had hurt the person she loved the most.

 

“Sulli-yah! Are you just letting him go like that? Go fight for him or else you will really lose him this time” Taemin cried out.

Sulli shook her head in defeat.

“A-aniyo. I have hurt him deeply. I have no right to go after him. There is no way he can forgive me for hiding everything from him”

Sulli did not deserve Minho's trust, much less his love. She did not want to talk about it or think about it anymore because she knew what she had to do. Let him live his life peacefully without her. He was gone; the sun had set. 

 

She slowly leaned over to give Taemin a gentle kiss on the cheek.

Then, she left the room without another word.

 

--

 

“Sulli-yah, will you tailor this red dress slightly?”

Yuri handed a thin silk dress to Sulli. It was a sophisticated dress with a plunging neckline that showed off Yuri’s feminine curves and long legs. With her red lips and straight hair, she looked like a goddess. 

“What time do you need it by, ma’am?” Sulli asked quietly.

“No need to call me ma'am. Minho will be picking me up for our date at seven p.m. Could you bring the dress by at six p.m?” 

Yuri sprayed perfume on her wrist elegantly. 

 

In the past week, Minho and Yuri had spent every day together for the Couples photo shoot.

Sulli was often there as an assistant stylist to direct the staff about which clothes would go together on the couple.

Minho never looked at her, not even once. Instead, he would smile at Yuri and hold her hand. Once in a while, he leaned over and whispered something seductively into Yuri’s hair or she would place her hand on his leg.

Sulli always tried to remain professional by doing everything with a smile, but it felt like there was salt being rubbed into the wound in her heart.  

Despite everything that had happened at the show in Busan, Yuri now treated Sulli with kindness even though it was slightly fake. After everything, Yuri had won and Sulli had lost. 

Sulli returned the kindness and worked hard to arrange the best clothing for the compatible power couple. This was her way of repaying Minho for the pain she had caused. 

 

At this time, Sulli took Yuri's dress and observed it to see how she could tailor it. 

“Oh, Yuri and Minho are back together, huh? I guess it’s expected. Did you know they had feelings for each other ever since they were in elementary school? A lasting love like that is quite incredible, isn’t it?”

The photographer said. He saw Minho holding Yuri’s hand as they left the studio together.

Sulli bit her lip and nodded.

Minho and Yuri are perfect together. In the end, I’ve always been the selfish pabo keeping them apart. I must support them from now on.

She walked upstairs to her studio and started to adjust Yuri’s dress.  

 

--

 

Knock knock.

Sulli knocked on the door to Yuri’s luxurious apartment.

There was no response, as expected. It was typical of Yuri to keep people waiting.

Sulli tapped her foot and started humming.

 

“What are you doing here?”

Sulli was startled as she heard a familiar voice behind her.

Minho was standing in the hall. He looked tall and hansome in the slim suit he was wearing. A suit that Sulli had designed....

 

“Oh, s-sorry… I am delivering Yuri unni’s dress for your date tonight” Sulli said stiffly.

She bowed. She was very conscious of her short hair sticking out messily. She nervously rubbed the back of her head to smooth her hair and tried to smile warmly since she didn't want there to be any tension between them. 

“Why are you adjusting her dress? You are a stylist for men, not for women. Have you ever tailored a dress? I hope you didn’t mess it up”

Minho looked at Sulli expressionlessly. The atmosphere was becoming more and more awkward.

“Of course! I may seem like a pabo but I can do anything! Sulli at your service!” Sulli said with a smile.

She hated tense situations so she tried to lighten the mood by making stupid jokes. As usual, she couldn’t stay composed and started embarrassing herself by spouting nonsense.

She would never be a sophisticated woman like Yuri.

 

Minho slowly started to smile but then he instantly turned it back into a scowl.

“Well, I will bring it inside. You can leave now” 

He looked at Sulli with disgust. His glare was like a stab to Sulli’s heart.

Even though it hurt, she continued to smile. She didn’t want to start crying because it would surely irritate Minho.

She bowed as she handed the dress over to Minho.

 

She rushed to leave the building and get out of Minho’s sight as soon as possible. He must have hated even looking at her. She should have known that just her existence probably caused him pain and unhappiness.  

Because she felt upset, she didn't even watch where she was going. 

Suddenly, she stumbled over a rumple in the hallway’s carpet.

 

“Aaaaahhhh!”

She yelled as she tripped and fell against the ground. She hit her elbow against the wall and skinned her knee on the carpet.

She shut her eyes because she couldn't stand the pain.

She suddenly felt someone come over and help her stand up. She covered her face with her hands in embarrassment like a child.

“Are you okay?!” a gentle voice asked.

She let go of her face to see who it was.

 

“Lee Jonghyun oppa?! I did not know you also lived in this building”

Sulli said with a smile. Even though her elbow was bruised and her leg was scraped, she suddenly felt happy to see her dear friend.

“Yeah, I do. But what are you doing here? And you’re hurt!”

Jonghyun gently touched Sulli’s arm to observe her injuries. He tenderly helped to smooth out her hair. Then, he touched her cheek tenderly. She stared at his handsome face in a daze.

“You have a cut on your face” he said.

“Oh, it’s okay. I am clumsy so I am used to these small cuts and bruises” Sulli said.

 

Suddenly, she felt someone wrap a strong arm around her shoulder protectively. She instantly looked over.

“Minho oppa?!” she gasped.

He ignored her as he gave a stern look to Jonghyun and brought Sulli closer to him.. 

Behind Minho, Yuri was standing in the hall. She had run down the hall to catch up with Minho but stopped a few meters away. 

She stared at the situation in shock. 

 

--

 

 

 

How was this chapter, guys?! It must have been difficult to read since Minho is being so cold. But it is impossible to stay mad at Sulli so don't worry!

Please continue to subscribe and comment <3

I really love your comments. I have to find time to start responding to more of them. 

 

And here is the fun fact of this chapter if you didn't already know! 

Jonghyun was known for acting like a gentleman toward Sulli in Running Man ep.129

 

AAAAAH I NEED TO WORK HARDER TO PUT IN SWEET MOMENTS AND FUN FACTSS. fighting!