chpt.19

Looks Like Love

 

“Sulli, where are you?” Taemin’s tired voice came through the phone.

Sulli was in her room. She had just arrived in Ilsan a few hours ago. When she arrived home, she greeted her parents and brothers warmly but she didn’t say much and her eyes had a distant look of sadness. They could tell something was wrong so they let her go upstairs quietly.

Now, she was on the phone with Taemin.

“Oppa, I actually just arrived in Ilsan. M-Minho-sshi… how is he?”

“Were you already on the train when you received my message? You couldn’t turn back?”

“Ne…  I don’t want to be a fool anymore. Minho already moved on so I should too. But I still care about him so I want to make sure he will be fine”

Sulli tried to wipe the tears from her eyes but they were falling too fast. She had to be strong and independent so that she would no longer be a burden to Minho.

“It is hard to tell. He is still alive but his head had hit the concrete so we don’t know if his braincan still function properly. Minho may have to start his life over again…”

Sulli couldn’t hold it in anymore. She choked out a sob. She cried so hard that she couldn’t even speak.

“Ssul… don’t you love him? You never wanted to model I know that you wanted to spend your life styling clothes. Isn’t he the one who inspires all your designs? How could you leave him like this? You won’t come even if he’s in such a state?”

Taemin said it gently but Sulli couldn’t stand the pain in her heart.

“What right do I have? He is not mine to keep. Even if he inspires me, what can I do for him? He deserves someone beautiful and mature like Yuri unni. I have to grow up first to deserve his love. But  I will always keephim  in my heart…”

“Then, the three of us will never be together again?”

Taemin sounded like he was starting to cry too.

“Maybe one day. But oppa, you have to promise me. If Minho-sshi has lost his brain functions when he wakes up, please don’t tell him anything about me. Because I want to just keep the memories and move on, since I know that he and I are not meant to be”

“You will let him forget that you were a part of his life?”

“Ne… It has to be that way.But you will stay by his side, right?”

“Of course. But what about you and me? You are my dongsaeng. Even if Minho-sshi can’t remember you, I won’t forget, you know?”

“When I debut as a model, I will get to travel often. I will see you whenever I can”

“The three of us… Maybe we will all be together again one day. I have that wish”

“I have that wish too”

 

--

 

“Minho-sshi?! What are you doing here?”  

Sulli was sitting in Taemin’s room at the hospital when Minho suddenly burst in.

Minho walked over and grabbed her arm to pull her up.

“Sulli, what is your real name?! Sulli is just a nickname, right?”

“B-bwo?!”

“I should have known. From the instant I saw you in the Menswear department, I felt like I had known you. Your pure smile, your soft hands, your lavender smell were all so familiar.  All this time, I was looking for Choi Jinri. After Taemin showed me the picture of that girl, I looked for her in the yearbook and the only one who looked like her was Choi Jinri. It’s you, isn’t it?!”

Minho shook Sulli’s shoulder.

“ I am Choi Jinri. I’m sorry”

Sulli couldn’t look into his eyes as she nodded.  

“You knew all along….” Minho whispered, looking from Sulli to Taemin. He had been betrayed by the two people he loved the most.

“We never meant to hurt you” Taemin said softly.

“Don’t you know how I felt? Without any memories, I was blindly searching for you so that I could tell you I can’t live without you, yet you were trying to avoid me. Do you know how tortured I have felt all this time, while you were happily forgetting me? Even if I pushed you away before, why couldn’t you see how much I needed you? How could you so easily give up on me?”

“I never gave up! I never stopped loving you…” Sulli started to cry.

“It’s true what they say.  The more you trust, the greater the betrayal. The more you love, the greater the harm”  

 

--

 

don't forget to subscribe and comment! <3