chpt.01

Looks Like Love

Minho’s POV

 

Knock, knock.

Minho tapped softly against the glass door of the SM director’s office.

He waited nervously to be called in by the director. 

What was taking so long? 

He started to lean on the door when it suddenly swung open. 

 

A pale, soft-faced girl opened the door, causing Minho to stumble against her.

He accidentally leaned against her slender arm to keep himself from falling. Her hair brushed against his face, and he could smell her lavender fragrance. 

 

“Ah, sorry…” Minho said.

She seemed to be a young intern.

Minho could see she wasn't an SM model because she was dressed too simply and looked too innocent. But she also seemed too young to be a designer or staff member. 

“Kenchana. The director is ready to see you. Sorry to keep you waiting”

She bowed to him before rushing off, her hair flying behind her and leaving the scent of lavender. 

 

Minho walked into the office and bowed to the director.

“Sorry you had to wait, but I had important matters to discuss with Sulli” the director said. 

So the girl is important enough for the director to discuss company decisions with her? 

The director never cared to know the names of his staff members. He only knew the names of the company's most celebrated models and designers.

“Since it is your first day in a new department, I have assigned Key to give you an orientation” 

 

Minho had recently been transferred to the SM Menswear department.

Previously, he was a model for SM Athletes’ wear. He had debuted with Taemin as one of Athletes' wear's best visual pairs. 

However, because Taemin was now in the US to receive treatment for lung cancer, Minho had been switched to a position as solo model in the Menswear department.

Ever since he was a child, he and Taemin had been best friends who did everything together. Taemin was the maknae so Minho was always protecting him from harm. 

Now, for the first time, Minho was alone.

 

“If you don’t have any questions, Key is outside the office waiting for you”

The director interrupted Minho’s thoughts with a firm look and pointed to the door.

Minho bowed and left the office.

 

Key was a very pretty and stylish model. However, despite his child-like looks, Key was actually quite sharp. With barely an introduction, Key began to give Minho a tour of the agency.

“Welcome to the Menswear department. All the models' looks are arranged by the creative manager, who styles the ensembles and choreographs the shows"

 

“This is the dressing room”

“This is the make-up and hair room”

“This is the studio”

“This is the conference room”

“This is the cafeteria”

“This is the photo room”

 

Key led Minho through the building without pausing for even an instant.

Finally, they reached the final destination.

 

“This is the rehearsal room”

Key pushed the door open to a grand room with a large runway.

Because the rehearsal wouldn’t be on for another few hours, the male models were sitting together on the stage.

They talked amongst each other and joked around.

Interns were running around to make early preparations for the set.

 

In the middle of the stage was the girl Minho had bumped into earlier.

She was talking with all the hyungs, laughing brightly.

The stage lighting illuminated her soft white skin and sweet lips. Her face was so bright and radiant that Minho felt like he was looking into the sun.

Somehow, she seemed familiar to Minho. Her eye smile made her look like a little dongsaeng playing with her oppas. 

Even though he did not know her, seeing her smile made him feel less alone in this new department.

He had never had a younger sister… maybe this was the feeling.

 

But who is she? There was no way she was a model... This was the Menswear department after all. 

She also did not have the arrogance of a model. Models were very careful to keep up a perfect image, but this girl laughed openly and poked her face like a child. She didn’t even wear any make-up or designer clothes. She acted so natural that Minho almost forgot he was even in a modeling agency.

All the hyungs surrounding her were laughing with her. They all leaned over to tousle her hair and pinch her cheeks.

Do I know her from somewhere?

 

 “Who is she?”

Minho finally asked Key as he pointed to the stage.

Key smirked.

“Now I know why they call you the SM lady’s man … The first one you notice is the girl, huh?”

Minho scowled. It wasn’t like that. He just felt that she seemed familiar.  

 

“That’s Sulli – the creative manager

Sulli ... She styles all the men’s apparel, coordinates all the shows, and produces all the catalogs. She is the youngest person to have such a high position in the fashion industry. The models adore her, the interns worship her, the designers admire her, and the director relies on her. But if the infamous playboy Minho wants her, then he can forget about it. Because she never dates anyone.

 

--

hi! I'm a new writer! boring first chapter, but please comment and subscribe? 

love you all! 

fun fact: sulli actually has said that she prefers not to wear make-up but she collects perfumes.

minho has also said before that he is attracted to girls' perfumes. that's why minho is most attracted to her lavender scent in the story!