(04) Flashbacks

Beyond Limits

CHAPTER 4 : (04) Flashbacks.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Lee SooMan... Grandfather... I ... 

No Alexia, why do you even need to think? Obviously you wouldn't need him! All you need is Aunt Sheryl, Seol Yie, and your job at the cafe. There ! Your life is perfect, no more hindrance from anyone, no more worries or anything. 

 

I stared at the house door for a few moments before taking in a deep breathe. "Be strong Alexia!" I whispered to myself before unlocking the front door. 

"Omo! Alexia! What happen?" Aunt Sheryl exclaimed, taken aback by the sight of me. 

Forcing out an assurance smile was hard, but I just had to do it, "Ah, I- I forgot to bring my umberella today." 

She pushed me towards the couch as she passed me a towel along with a cup of hot fruit tea. "That isn't what I meant. What really happen?" 

Wrapping my fingers around the cup, I took a sip to calm my nerves. "Say Aunt Sheryl... If one day, someone were to tell you that Seol Yie wasn't your daughter... What would you do?" 

"Hmm... Firstly, I would definitely be upset! But that is a fact that can't be change right? So well, I thank god for bringing such a wonderful girl like Seol Yie to my life while at the same time, my heart would be cursing him for taking her away." she explained. 

"You would just let her go like this?" 

Aunt Sheryl flashed a warm smile as she patted my back, "If she's happy with her new family, I'm willing to. Now, tell me what's wrong my dear."

 

It wasn't as hard as I expect to pour my heart to Aunt Sheryl but I guessed I sobbed too hard that Seol Yie came running out from her room to check what happen. I guess it was only me who was upset about having a grandfather because they both were happy for me, knowing that I still have someone for me. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Flashback*

 

 

"Appa, where's umma!" the 8years old girl cried as she tugged at her dad's shirt. 

Sunghwa's dad was definitely not in the mood for her bulls right now. Eversince this nuisance was given birth, nothing has ever gone right for him. He was so close in getting a promotion but due to Sunghwa's early arrival, he had to miss an important meeting to rush to the hospital for his wife. Because of that, his chance of promotion was passed on to someone else. And he blamed her for that. 

"Shut up Sunghwa! That bxtch ran off with some other guys already! Are you happy now?! What do you want you nuisance!" He shouted, before pushing her off from him. 

 

Not to add on, after he lost his chance of promotion, he got obsessed with drinking and gambling. He lost his job, and got into a huge amount of debt. He blamed her.

Sunghwa's mother pleaded with her life as she grabbed her father "DON'T DO THIS! My umma gave this wedding necklace to me! Not you! Please give it back!" You've guessed it right. Her father resort to any means by selling expensive acessories to get more money to gamble; not to return debts. 

Not long later, the both of them filed for a divorce. Sunghwa's mum remarried again. At the age of 18, her dad decided to disown her by leaving the country without a single word, nor leaving a single trace of him at all either. Sunghwa has been through those ups and downs all by herself, not until Aunt Sheryl returned from Malaysia together with Seol Yie to stay by Sunghwa's side.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Throughout my whole memory, I don't even recall them saying that I have a grandfather or anything...? 

"OH MY GOD SUNGHWA AH!" Seol Yie shrieked, running out from her room. 

"Whaaaaat?"

"You'd never believe me if I say this, so go and look at the computer yourself." she said, dragging me towards our room. True enough, I would have never believed in Seol Yie if she said it to me by words. 

'Lee SooMan's the founding chairman of SM Entertainment' . Famous artiste groups such like - TVXQ, KangTa, Super Junior, Girl's Generation, SHINee, F(x) & EXOK,M was under that company. Thinking back now, I finally understood why the guy in black addressed him as "chairman"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Seol Yie? What has become of my life already?" 

 

 

 


A/N: 

Short update but I literally jumping up and down when I woke up this morning to check asianfanfics ! I've got 4 subscribers and a comment ! Yes, I'm easily satisfied but this is my first fanfic ! So I'm really glad :D ~

 

But don't stop the comment from pouring in okay ! Love all the readers out there ;-) x

To: @Cherriesalwaysthere Thank you for your comment ! Your comment really motivated me to write this update ! :D, do continue supporting me, gomawo ! <3