(16) Confessions

Beyond Limits

CHAPTER 18 : (16) Confessions .

 

 


 

 

 

/Recap/ :  

 

Onew blinked a couple of times, staring at me. Oh damn, I just screwed up right? Instead of laughing at me, he leaned over the table and the next thing I knew, was his lips on my cheek. Then again, my face turned tomato red as butterflies flocked around my stomach violently. My heartbeat quickened as I stared at him, not believing what he just did. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Looking back at him, my mouth hung open. What did he just do ? "B-Bwo?" I sputtered those words out of my mouth as I stared at him, clearly taken aback by his action. 

"Let's finish the food before it gets cold." Were the only words he said before he turned his attention back to the food he had on his plate. What's with the sudden cold treatment ? Letting out a small sigh, I braced myself to the right state of mind as I continued eating the plate of food that was in front of me.

 

Standing right outside, the clouds above me ominously huddled together, their dark curves mocking the land scape ; With a crack, they burst open as the water droplets, slow at first, fell, plumeted to the ground. "Sunghwa, wait here ne." Onew said, pushing me under a shelter as he ran towards the convenience store.

Right after a few minutes, Onew emerged back with an umberella in his hand. "The shop owner said there was only one left... So, I'll walk you home ne. " 

"Aniya, it's fine oppa. I can just call a cab home." I denied, pushing it back to him. 

He stoppped there, thinking before grabbing my hand and pulled me closer to him. Close enough to smell his scent... Gahhhhhhhhh ! "Gaja. I'll send you home first." 

As we walked down the busy streets of Seoul, hands still intact, the rain got heavier as puddles of water starts to build up and it splattered even harder. "Aigo." I winced in pain as a lady who ran past me, finding for a shelter from the rain knocked into me hard. 

"Gwenchana?" Onew asked.

"Yea..." I smiled, rubbing my shoulder. Just then, I felt Onew's arm drape over my shoulder and pulled me close to his chest. "Eh?! Oppa, what are you doing?" I squirmed, flushing crimson. How many times did my heart did flip-flops already ?! 

Instead of releasing me, his grip just tightened as he pulled me close to him, "Yah, stop squirming about or you'll get wet from the rain." The restaurant wasn't as far as what you expect, just a 15 minutes walk will do. 

"Awww, aren't they so cute yeobo?" An old couple stared at the both us enviously as they walked out from the entrance of the condominium. 

"BWO?!" I gasped. Realising it was too loud, I buried my face in my palms. How I wished I there's an hole for me here to hide from this embarassment. Park Sunghwa! You need to stop thinking it out loud!

"Yes jagiya, take good care of her kiddo!" The grandfather winked to Onew before chuckling and headed off. 

Wanting to say some words to lift the awkward mood from the both of us, I ended up stuttering on my own words. "T-Th-Those, I- I mean th-that was a-a- rea-l-lly cold joke yea?" Damn it, I cursed internally.

Releasing my hand, he let out a small chuckle. "Say... Can I meet you tomorrow morning ?" 

Did he just say to meet me in the morning tomorrow? As in, morning exercise? Or...? "Huh? W-Why all of the sudden...?" 

"Ah, I... I just have something to tell you. Or, are you busy? " he trailed off, sounding disappointed by my reaction. 

"Ah- No! I'm free." 

"Great!" He clapped his hands, "So tomorrow morning 8am?" 

"Mmm, geurae." I smiled, tucking my hands into my coat's pocket. 

"Annyeong~" he waved, asking me to head in first before he leave. I watched his back disappeared with the umberella in his hand before heading up to the apartment. 

 

 

"Seol Yie?" I called out, sighing as I threw myself towards the couch. 

"Hmmm?" She replied as she emerged from her room, with Chicken in her embrace. 

Reaching out for Chicken, he gladly jumped out of Seol Yie's arm and onto my lap before letting out a small whimper. "What's wrong ah Chicken?" I chuckled, smoothing his back. 

Seol Yie let out a sigh before making herself comfortable next to me, "Nothing nothing. He just missed you since you've been out the whole day." 

"Awwww." 

"Sooo, where have you been?" Seol Yie probed. 

"Say.... Seol Yie. If your crush kissed you on the cheeks and then gives you cold treatment the next minute, what does it mean?" Trust me, I'm a newbie in love and... Relationships didn't exactly leave me a good impression either... 

"You got a crush?! WHEN, WHO, WHAT HOW?! TELL MEEEEEEEE!" She screamed, tugging my arm violent. 

"Ow, YAH! MICHOSO?! (are you crazy)" I yelled, pushing her off. "Calm down will you!" I scowled. 

"Telll meeeee quickkkkk ~" She flustered.

 

Telling her the story was one thing. Explaining how I feel was another thing. Seol Yie knew I was kinda sensitive in talking about love so she was really cautious in giving me advices and all, well, and that was also part of the reason why she's the only person that I can confide into without worrying about anything. Nevertheless, she's one hell of an advisor ! She told me not to worry so much and just get some sleep to let Onew to the explaining tomorrow morning. 

Well, I should probably just do what she said aye ? 

 

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

 

 

Not knowing what Onew oppa might ask Sunghwa to do in the morning, Sunghwa decided to wear track pants and a casual black tee before heading towards the park to meet him. 

Creeping behind of him as slowly as she could, she pounced onto his back without him knowing. "Annyeong oppa!" She greeted. 

'What a way to greet' Onew thought as he clenched his chest, still shocked by the way Sunghwa greeted him. "Ah, yah, you scared me you know!" He pouted.

She let out a loud laughter before smacking his shoulder playfully "Mian~~~ Did you wait out in a cold for long?" 

"Aniyo. Gaja!" He said, tugging on her arm. Sunghwa glanced down at Onew's hand that was holding a pair of badminton racquet. 

"Badminton?" She asked, following closely behind Onew. 

"Morning exercise!" he beamed as they approached the outdoor badminton court that was instilled in the park. Passing her a racquet and a shuttlecock, an idea sprang into his mind. "How about a challenge?" 

'What's he up to again? Another surprise?' Sunghwa thought in her mind. But well, when comes to badminton, Sunghwa's really confident. She knows she is. 

"Hmmm, lets have 2 games of 10. Loser treats to breakfast? Deal?" He offered, stretching his body muscles as he gets ready for the match.

"Deal!" Sunghwa agreed easily as she began doing warm ups too. 

"Y'know, I'm not gonna let you off just because you're a girl alright." he winked. 

"So be it." She answered cooly.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The match ended in more than an hour, leaving the two of them sitting on the ground panting for air. The shuttlecock that they used were already... Well, it can't be used anymore since it's all broken and out of shape. 

"W-Why didn't you t-tell me that you were such a good pl-player gahhhh." Onew sighed, letting his back fall back onto the ground as he looked straight into the milky clouds. 

"I- I was a school player back then. Heh." 

After lying for another couple of minutes more, letting themselves catch their breath and cooling down, they made their way to a cafe for breakfast. 

"Here." Onew sighed, putting the tray of food on the table as he slumped lazily onto the comfortable chair.

"Yah," Sunghwa nudged, "You're still mad?" She laughed as she took a sip of her fruit tea. 

"Not mad. Just- Aish! How can I even lose to a girl..." He messed his hair before burying his face in his palms. 

"It's just a game~" She sang happily. From the badminton court till now, Onew refused to have a proper conversation with Sunghwa because he was ashamed. Well not really ashamed but kind of embarassed. Badminton was a daily routine that Minho made all the SHINee members do every morning for their morning exercise. Onew thought he had already grasp the skill of smashing and returning the shuttlecock but was proved wrong by the match they had just now. 

The score turned out really bad for him. 1st game) 5:10 . 2nd game), worst. 3:10 . Sunghwa's playing really let Onew took a step back. 

"Sunghwa ah." Onew called out as he grabbed her hand from behind, making her heart flutter again. 

"N-Ne?" She flushed, panicking. 

"Erm," He scratched the back of his head, "I don't know how to phrase this but erm... Gah, how do I say this..." 

"Say... what?" Sunghwa's eyebrow arched. If Onew were to say something 'mind-blowing' again, her heart might just pop out from her chest. 

 

"Wi-Will you erm. Go out with me?" Onew asked, his palms getting sweaty. This was the first time a girl ever made him get nervous, and feel so embarassed. Not to say that everytime she smiles, he could feel his heart doing random flip flops, and the time when she got into a car accident, he felt like he was going to die. Die of guilt and worrisome. 

 

On the other hand, Sunghwa's mouth gasped open again. She was definitely loss for words as she stared at Onew blankly while random thoughts swirl around her head crazily. "W-Wh-at?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:  Wanna find out more ? ^_^ , stay tune for the next chapter ! :D 

 

I know I haven't uploaded a single chapter for more than a week already. So so sorry ! , but you know what's more saddening ): ? That nobody actually did commented on my previous chapter on the date. Was it that bad ? /; . I dont know, because to me, every chapter of my work can never be good enough. 

Oh well. 

 

 

Btw, for those who did not notice, I've posted a poster for this story. It's a really nice one and it's done by MetricConstellations - ToxicGyu. Thank you once again ! (: . 

 

Pretty and unique isn't it ? Comment on it ! :D 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SUBCRIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE 

TO KNOW HOW'S SUNGHWA REACTION IN THE NEXT CHAP ! 

 

 

 

Feeling sFeeling so empty because there's no comment to reply to ....... *sigh*