(03) Sudden Changes

Beyond Limits

CHAPTER 3: (03) Sudden Changes .

 

 


 

 

 

 

It would definitely be a lie if I had to say that I didn't think about that boy at all. In fact, I couldn't get him out of my head at all. Oh god, it's been ages since I've brood over a guy... And the thing is, should I tell Seol Yie ? 

"Aish!" I screamed in fustration as I messed my hair up. 

"Wae, wae, wae?" Seol Yie asked. 

"Hey Seol Yie ah, have you heard of the group SHINee?" 

I guessed they must be something since she almost fell off her seat, choking on her drink. "W-what?" she stuttered.

Raising my eyebrow, I asked again "SHINee, Seol Yie, SHINee. Have you heard of them?" 

"Of course I do! How do you know them? I thought you were never into music like k-pop!" 

Here comes the explanation part which I detest. "Errr... Well..." 

"Hold on. Do you perhaps... like a boy?" She questioned, leaning close. 

"Like?! No! Definitely not! What are you saying..." I trailed off at the end. Me? Liking a boy? That would probably be the last thing that I might actually do I guess. Falling in love isn't as easy as it seems you know. 

 

Seol Yie's facial expression immediately changed as soon as realization hit her on what she just blurt out. "I-I am so so sorry Al! I didn't mean to say it. I mean, yea, I'm really sorry!" she flustered. 

Chuckling softly, I rubbed her back in assurance "Aniya it's fine, it doesn't really bother me that much anymore either..."

 

~~~

 

Not knowingly, today passed by kind of quickly. Not to say, the numbers of teenage customers increased surprisingly! Sunhee claimed that maybe those teenagers wanted to meet SHINee in here again. But seriously, I would honestly spent my time on something more productive than this. No offence taken in alright fan girls. 

 Wiping the last bit of mess that I'm left with, I cleaned my forehead with the back of my hand and smiled. Finally done! The bells of the cafe rang, and made me jump up as I see an old man walking in. Wait a minute, didn't I put the close sign there already? "Mianhae ahjusshi, we're closed for the day already." I bowed as I walked out from the counter and approached him. 

"By any chance... Are you Park Sunghwa?" was the first sentence that came out from his mouth. 

Who the hell is this ahjusshi ?! "Huh? Oh, yes. I am sir, what can I do for you?" 

My response was the cue for him as he took big strides towards me and embraced me tightly, making me choke for air a little. Hold on a second, is he some weird guy, or just a plain ert? Things are starting to get really creepy here... "I've been searching for you for a long time my dearest!" he exclaimed. 

Huh? Dearest?  "I-I'm sorry sir but I think you must have mistaken someone else for me?" 

Laughing hysterically, he replied "There isn't any mistake about this! You are my granddaughter indeed!" 

Alright! Now he's seriously crazy! "W-What?!" I sputtered. Sunhee must have probably heard the loud ruckus when she appeared from the kitchen. 

"Oh! We have a guest ah Sunghwa?" 

"Aniya unnie! I don't even know him and he keeps saying that I'm his granddaughter!" I screamed, and ran behind her. 

"Ah! I know. I've actually come across a few incidents like this before actually. These guys? They just want free drinks.  Give me a sec' ok ahjusshi?" Sunhee suggested, before rushing to the kitchen

"Sunghwa ah, don't you remember me?" he protested, taking a step closer.

"I'm sorry sir. But I really think you've mistaken me for someone else. I don't have any impression of you at all." I explained. 

"Aish! Damn that brat for brainwashing you." he cursed under his breath before turning his attention to me again, "Your mum's name is Lee Soomin isn't it?" Wait a minute... How does he know my mum?  No wait, did I just say mum? I meant . It kinda slipped off my mouth. My heart tightened a little when I heard him said her name. "So?" I replied coldly. Just when he was about to utter words of explanations, 

Sunhee popped back out from the kitchen with a warm drink in her hand.

"Here you go ahjusshi! Stay warm and have a good day ahead! Annyeong!" She shoved the drink towards him and chased him out of the cafe. 

"Sunghwa-ah, take good care of yourself on your way home, okay?" Sunhee chirped as she boarded her bus. 

"Annyeong~" I waved, watching her bus leave. That ahjusshi... How does he know that 's name? And how in the world is he related to her ?! 

Oh god, give me a break please! 

 

~~~

 

For the past few weeks, it had been really hectic and tiring for me. And that's because Manager-nim decided to go with the 'buy 1  get 1 drink free day' to attract more customers for better profit. However, on the bright side, it served as a great distraction for me.

Evening hadcome and Sunhee had to leave early to meet her boyfriend for a dinner date, so I was the only one left to lock up the cafe and clear up the remaining mess. I groaned in pain as it the sky began turning red and droplets of rain began to fall. 

"Just my luck for not bringing an umberella today." I muttered under my breath as I pulled the trashbag out of the trashcan. I cleared up the cafe in a hurry to get home faster. It had been a tiring day. Picking up my pace, I brisk-walked towards the bus stop before the rain could get any bigger. Just when I was about to approach the bus stop, a posh car stopped by my side and honked. What the hell? 

The window of the car slid down to reveal that man's face. Why does he look so familiar ? Ah! That ahjusshi again? 

A guy in black came out from the car and opened an umberella to cover me, "Park Sunghwa-sshi, please get into the car. Our chairman has a few words to talk to you." 

Chairman? "Why can't he just talk like that?" I spat. 

That guy let out a heavy sigh before grabbing my arm and shoved me into the car. "ARGH! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" I screamed when I got into the car. 

"To start things off, I'm Lee Sooman and I am indeed your grandfather." that ahjusshi spoke. 

"I don't have a grandfather sir. I think you really must have mistaken me for someone else. Now please stop bothering me before I call the police." I replied, reaching out for the handle. 

But I got stopped when he placed a few documents on my lap. "Have a look at these first before you speak my dear." 

 

My heart pounded in my ears as I took the documents. Even though I just skimmed over them, I could already take in all the neccessary information. This can't be happening. Not after what I've been through! These DNA reports must be fake. "Where in the world did you get this?" I asked, my voice getting more and more shaky. 

"I got my secretary to do it. Now, do you believe me Sunghwa?" 

"NO I DON'T AND I NEVER WILL!" I burst out of the car after screaming and ran in the rain. Why is everyone coming back to me now? Where in the world did you go when I most needed you? Why now? Why? 

 

 

 


 


A/N :  Trust me, Sunghwa is perfectly sane. She's just a really emotional person. 

 

Can everyone stop being a silent reader? It's killing me. I need feedback :(