(09) Baby Steps

Beyond Limits

CHAPTER 9: (09) Baby Steps.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

The bag filled with cream puffs flew out of Sunghwa's hand as her small fragile body tumbled by the road side. The car that knocked her over didn't show any signs of stopping to look at her; instead, the driver chose to drove away hurriedly. Passerbys' gasped, and was absolutely stunned. Only one boy, yes, Onew, he was the first to rush over by Sunghwa to check on her. 

"Sunghwa ah. Sunghwa! Wake up! Please don't scare me!!" he screamed, as he shooked her violently. Tears rolled down the leader's face as he continued shaking Sunghwa. This time, what shocked him was, red hot liquid was flowing from Sunghwa's head endlessly. 

"Help! HELP! Call the ambulance, anyone, please! Save her! HELP!" 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good evening, may I speak to Miss Sheryl please?" 

"That will be me." Sheryl replied. 

"Ms Park Sunghwa has been hit by a car and is now in a critical condition. We need your signature for a surgery that needs to be done on her as soon as possible in order to sustain her life." 

With just that sentence, it sent Sheryl running out of the house while panicking. She quickly hailed for a taxi and headed towards the hospital. Meanwhile in the hospital, leader Onew was found pacing up and down at the entrance of the hospital, waiting for Aunt Sheryl to head over. He never knew that Sunghwa doesn't have any parents and all she had was Aunt Sheryl.

 

 

Well to be exact, he barely knows her. But what he knew was, she did have a painful past, a painful childhood. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunghwa's POV

 

 

"Sunghwa? Wake up please. Please stop sleeping already." someone called out. What in the world happened? I... Nothing's ahead of me. Just a patch of darkness. Sunghwa, this is a dream. Wake up!  I tried my best to open my eyes. 

 

I keep failing but yeap, it took me quite some time before I open my eyes again. I squint, the lights were so glaring. And, there's an unknown throbbing in my head. It hurts like hell, and it's going to kill me sooner or later if it doesn't goes away. 

"Sunghwa? Allllyyy!" Seol Yie screamed as she threw herself onto me. Just when I wanted to open my mouth to say something, she disappeared out of the room before coming back with a doctor and a nurse. 

"Ms Park Sunghwa, can you hear me?" the doctor asked. 

Well duh! "Y-Y-yes" my voice croaked.

"Do you have any memories of what happened to you?" 

I thought hard, before clenching my head. "E-er, I got knocked down by a car?" 

After asking a few more questions, the doctor told me that he'd be back later to continue asking in order to make sure if my brain was functioning well or whatever . To be frank, memories of what happened to me was really vague. Really really vague. All I could TRY to remember, was... Onew... Cream Puffs... and a black car. 

"Ally, are you okay? Are you feeling any discomfort?" Seol Yie asked, getting tensed. 

"W-Water." I pointed towards a jug filled with water that was well, practically out of my reach. Why out of my reach? Put it in a simple way, my left leg got fractured, and it was wrapped up real heavily. 

"Here, drink it slowly yea." Seol Yie handed me a glass of water with a straw. 

 

I took out the straw and just gobbled the water. Now that my throat was comfortable, I could speak with ease. "E-What happen?" 

"Well, from what my mom says, she says that you got knocked down by a car who was speeding. The driver hasn't been identified yet. AND YOU. STUPID WOMAN. YOU SLEPT FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT!" she shouted, her eyes turning red. 

Now that she said it, did I really sleep for so long? "Mianhae ah, Seol Yie. Sorry for making you worry like this..." I apologised, pulling her into a tight hug. 

"You better be!" she laughed out of her tears. All of a sudden, my room door was flung open with great strength, and it there came the 5 boys. 

"Omoooooo! Sunghwaaaaaaaaa!" Jonghyun came running in, butting Seol Yie away to pull me into a tight bear hug. 

"A-Annyeong Jonghyun oppa" I coughed, while patting his back. 

"YAH!" Key screamed while grabbing Jonghyun away and sat by my bedside. "Can't you be more gentle? This poor girl is injured badly you pabo."

I chuckled softly, "Hello Key-sshi."

"NOOOOOOOONAAAAA! Look what we got for you!" Taemin popped out and took out a huge teddy bear behind of him that was hugging a heart shaped pillow which wrote 'GET WELL SOON~' 

"Aigoo, thank you guys." I smiled. Hold on, where's Onew? I turned my head and saw him standing in a corner, staying quiet. 

I guessed Key must have sensed that I wanted to talk to Onew just by sawing that I was looking at him silently. He dragged the rest of the 'unwanted' people out and patted Onew's shoulder. After they left, the room was filled with only the sound of my drip. 

"Hello Onew oppa." I grinned, kicking off the conversation. 

He walked to my bed side before embracing me into a tight hug. My face flushed red and turned hot immediately. Hugging him back, I inhaled his scent and the both of us just stayed like this for awhile. I just feel so secure in his arms... "I'm sorry ah, Sunghwa." he spoke.

"Wae? It wasn't even your fault ah oppa." I asked, pulling back from the hug to read his expressions. 

"I- If it wasn't for me to ask you to hurry up, none of this would have happened to you." he shouted, burying his face in his palms. 

I was taken aback by his loudness but slowly got back. Grabbing his wrist lightly, I pulled it away from his face. "Look, none of this was your fault alright. Really. I'm fine now isn't it." 

"But..." he let out a heavy sigh, shaking his head.

"Aigoo, really. I'm fine, trust me alright!" I patted his arm. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This time, he looked up at me with eyes that was filled with warmth and care, "Thankyou." With that, we embraced each other again. Just like this. 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N :  So, did it satisfy your curiousity ? ^_^ And sorry for the sloppy work for this chapter. I'm not in my BEST mood because I have a really busy week ahead and I'm having a headache. However, I hope this chapter was well enough and up to YOUR expectations. <3

 

Gah, I'm home alone studying for the upcoming tests... Wish me luck ? heh. Anyway, I would like to thank my 2 NEW subscribers (and of course the current ones as well) for subscribing! Thank you for supporting my FIRST fanfic, your each and every thing means alot to me. *bows* 

 

 

sigh, my bestie is ignoring my messages T_T, wonder where she went... FYI, we met each other through a fanbase. We don't know each other, never seen each other before either. But somehow, we just manage to kick off this amazing friendship. Even though we are countries apart, but we're still living under the same sky <3. I'm happy to have such an unique friend like her. 

 

 

 

TO: tallieangel : I hope this chapter satisfied your curiousity! Thank you for commenting, and I hope you'd continue supporting my fic! Have a great day ahead :D