(01) Park SungHwa?

Beyond Limits

CHAPTER 1 : (01) Park Sunghwa ? 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

"Sunghwa-ah, have you found anything that caught your attention?" Aunt Sheryl asks as she places a cup of hot fruit tea on the coffee table.

"Ah, gomawo Aunt Sheryl." I smiled. "Well, I found a few... But I doubt I would actually make it through..." my words trailed off. 

Giving me her warmest smile, she patted my back "Aish! Don't say such things! You can definitely do it, Sunghwa, have some faith in yourself, alright? You've got my support and Seol Yie's too, Fighting!!" 

Thank you Aunt Sheryl, you've never failed to make me feel at ease. Thank you.

 

*Flashback* (Few years back)

 

"Sunghwa-ah! Sunghwa! Please get down from there, it's really dangerous! We can always talk things through like how we always do, right?" Mrs Kim, my counselor begged. 

Talk things through? What's left to talk about when everyone has just walked away? 

"Sunghwa-sshi!" my counselor shouted, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Please get down right now! Believe me, I'll try to make things right! Really!"

I took a step closer towards the edge as I took in a deep breathe; a huge smile slowly plastered on my face. I never knew the city lights at night would shine this bright... I should've noticed it earlier.  But it'll all soon, fade away won't it? Goodb-

"PARK SUNGHWA!" a familiar voice echoed in my head.

The tears that were welled up within my eyes suddenly flowed out. Is this real? Is she here, f-for real? "S-Seol Y-yie?" I choked, gasping. 

"Yes you pabo!" she cried, "Get your down here right now!" 

I wish I could, Seol Yie. But things are way different now, or to say, worst. I'm sorry, but I really can't do this anymore. It's too painful to carry on. 

 

*Flashback End*

 

Dressed formally, I took in a deep breathe before pushing the glass door. "Hello... Sorry to interrupt, but I'm Park Sunghwa. I'm here for an interview..." I greeted.

The lady in front of the cashier smiled back, "Oh, good, you're here! Hold on, I'll go and call my manager!" And with that, she disappeared. Moments later, another lady appeared. 

She briskly walked towards me and grabbed my hands tightly, shaking them vigorously "You must be Sunghwa!"

A bit taken aback, I forced smile and shook her hands back "Good afternoon Manager-nim... I'm Park Sunghwa, I'm here for the interview. "

Letting out a huge sound of laughter, she looked at me, amusingly. "Interview?! We don't do interviews here, silly! Welcome to the family! You can ask Sunhee if you need to know anything alright. Have fun working here darling!" 

Does she know about my medical condition...? 

Stepping in front of me, Sunhee smiled, taking my hands. "Welcome to the family Sunghwa sshi! Your uniform and locker is right at the back, come back here after you change alright?" 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Throwing myself onto the couch as soon I as I got home, I let out a huge satisfying sigh. Good God, it's been so long since I've last worked ! And not to say, Sunhee and Manager-nim were such nice people to accept me. I guess, things are slowly changing for the better isn't it ? 

"Yah Al (Alexia's nickname), where did you go?" my bestfriend, Seol Yie asked as she walked out of her room. 

"I got a job." I replied, sticking my tounge out.

A huge grin immediately spread on her face "That's great isn't it! You know... You're really smart and all! I knew you could do this you pabo." 

"Seol Yie?" 

"Sup!"

"Thank you. " I said. Even though they're just two words. But really, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. If... - No, without her, I wonder where I'll be standing right now.  Thank you again, Aunt Sheryl, Seol Yie. For having so much faith in me...

 

 

 


 

*jumps up and down like a maniac* ISN'T HE THE CUTESTTTTT?!?!