6

Back To You

 

 

 

Narrator

 

Minah pulled over in front of Baekje Hospital in Gangnam and she immediately ran to the entrance.

“May I ask where Kim Jongin’s room is?” She said as she walked to the front desk.

“Sorry, ma’am but we’re not allowed to give information~”

“This piece of land where this hospital is standing is owned by Kangsan Group, miss. If I were you, I’d give me room number by now.” She hissed.

The nurse blinked, then she saw the two body guards running to Minah.

“….You’re Miss Kang?”

Minah stared at her stonily.

 

Hyojeong looked up as Minah walked in the room.

“Kai?” Minah didn’t bother to greet Hyojeong but she just walked to where the bed was.

“..Hey Meens.” Kai smiled at her weakly.

“What happened?” Minah asked.

“He got in a minor accident while visiting one of the factory, it hurt his arm.” Hyojeong replied for him. Minah sighed in relief.

“Nothing major, Meens. The front desk called, someone threatened about where this hospital is standing, seriously, you and your bloody temper.” Kai murmured.

“Don’t you dare lecture me right now, I’m not the one in a hospital bed.” She replied as she put down her bag.

“Sehun said you were meeting Choi Group.” Hyojeong said.

“Yes, I was. But I have to leave because of your boyfriend.” Minah rolled her eyes, Hyojeong chuckled.

“You met my cousin already, then.”

“Cousin?”

“Minho oppa. Director Choi.”

“Ah, him. I did. We discussed about the project.” Minah nodded.

“He’s good looking right, Meens?” Hyojeong smiled.

“He’s okay.” Minah blinked at Hyojeong. Kai chuckled.

“You asked the wrong person, Hyo. Minah doesn’t know “good looking”.”

Minah rolled her eyes at him, then the doors suddenly opened.

“A—beoji, Eomma.” Kai’s eyes widened. Minah looked at the elders.

“We just heard, Jongin, are you okay?” His mother asked as she placed a bag of food on the table.

“I’m fine, eomma, you didn’t have to come all the way here.” Kai tensed.

Mister Kim patted his son’s shoulder; his father was a man of few words, quite different from Kai. But one look at him, you could tell where Kai got his looks and height.

“But, who is this young lady?” His mother was looking at Hyojeong, Minah looked at her friend.

“Ah, her? She’s Hyojeong, eomma. Minah’s friend.” Kai said as he threw an apologetic look to his girlfriend. Hyojeong’s brows furrowed briefly and gave Mrs. Kim a smile.

“I’m Min Hyojeong, Mrs. Kim.”

“Nice to meet you too, I’m Kai’s mother. How long have you been friends with Minah? It has always been her and Kai hanging out.”

“Ah…they met at a skit trip, eomma. A year ago.” Kai interjected.

“Kai, she’s not asking you. Yes, auntie we met a year ago at Aspen.” Minah said smoothly, while shooting daggers at her friend.

 

Soon the elders left, Minah could feel the tension in the room.

“I’ll be going. Get well soon, Kim Jongin.” She said as she stood up and grabbed her purse. Kai looked troubled. Hyojeong had been silent ever since his parents left.

“Meens, don’t~”

“You idiot.” She whispered as she leaned in and gave him a quick hug.

“We’ll talk later when you get discharged.” She said with finality before leaving.

 

Minah’s POV
 

Sometimes I just don’t get how his brain runs. How could he lie about Hyojeong in front of his parents?

Even though Hyo and I were never close, I know it must have hurt her. Kai’s just so….stupid at times.

I shook my head as I walked in my room.

It’s been almost a year; I think it’s about time his parents get to know about Hyojeong.

I heard my phone ring

 

Narrator

 

“Yes?” Minah asked.

“Director, your flight to Jeju tomorrow has been set. You will be arriving there at 10 in the morning, and will be leaving two days after at the same time.”

Minah turned to the night view from her window.

“The site at Jeju will be filled with media by the time you arrive, Director. The Choi Group has already sent some personnel to survey the area.”

Minah’s brows furrowed for a moment.

“I want you to send our HR team, we cant let them think that we’re not helping with this venture.” She said.

“Yes, I understand.”

Minah tossed her phone on the table.

Then she heard the doorbell echoing.

She sighed as she went down to the door.

 

“Oh, Oppa!”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++