31

Back To You

 

 

 

Narrator

 

The plane landed in Jeju at exactly 10 in the morning. Minah stepped down and immediately answered her phone.

“Oh, oppa?” She said as she walked towards the waiting car. She gave Minho a quick nod before slipping in the vehicle.

“Yes, I heard. Why?”

“Meens, you don’t know do you?” Suho asked from the other line.

“What do I not know?”

“Kai wants to cancel the statement that was just released earlier, how does that make Hyojeong look?”

Minah’s frowned as the car started.

“Oppa, I don’t think he would do that. Kai is not that~”

“He might do it, Meens. Trust me. Try to talk to him.”

Minah sighed.

“Arasso, I’ll call him later.”

 

 

Minah had a helmet on her head as they walked around the construction site with the engineers and the contractor.

Minho was speaking with the men while she was checking the new developments of the place, then she felt Minho tap her shoulder.

She looked at him.

“We have to check the hotel’s tunnel. Can I leave you here for a while? With your shoes I don’t think you’ll survive.” He said as he looked at her black Loboutins. Minah nodded.

“I’ll wait up here.” She said, Minho smiled and joined the engineers as they left, the Minah remembered her talk with Suho earlier, she took out her phone and started to call Jongin.

After three tries, Minah grunted and placed her phone back in her purse, Kai wasn’t answering.

She saw a part of the site that wast empty, she looked at it curiously before walking to it.

Minah eyed the piled sacks of cement as she walked around the spot, there were some empty paint cans and chunks of wood that was from the land. She was about to bend down to pick up on of the empty cans when she heard someone behind her whistle lowly.

Minah turned and saw two men looking at her. It was clear they were both workers for the site.

“You know miss, trespassers aren’t allowed here, and they will be punished.” One of them grinned at her.

Minah could smell the alcohol from his breath from where she was standing.

“I’m not a trespasser-”

“We won’t mind if you stay, miss. You’re just what we’re looking for.” The other one grinned and stepped to her.

Minah froze, she felt his hand land on her shoulder and went up to her neck.

Then she heard them both chuckle as they surrounded him.

The other man started to touch her waist, that was when Minah’s brows furrowed, then she twisted the man’s arm and kicked the other’s shin.

“How dare you~”

Minah stepped back and kicked the other man again before running out of the place.

 

Minah’s secretary exhaled as she saw her boss walking back to her, then she noticed that one of her knees were bleeding, and her hair was messed up.

“Director~”

Minah looked at her with wild eyes, she raised one palm up.

“Prepare…the car. I need…to get back to Seoul.” Minah was doing all that she could just so she won’t break down in front of everybody. Her secretary nodded and proceeded to call two people, the driver and the only person who could deal with Minah during a time like this.

Minho had just gotten back from the tunnel when he saw Minah, slightly shaking.

“Na, are you okay?” He tapped her shoulder, to his surprise Minah jumped and backed away from him.

“Na~”

“…I’m sorry. I’m fine. But…can I go ahead? I..need to get back to Seoul.”

Minho never saw her shaken and so out of herself.

“Sure, I’ll come with you.” He said uncertainly, Minah nodded and turned away from him, Minho watched her in confusion. Minah was always composed and calm, but now he knew something was not right. Then he saw blood trickling on her knee.

“You’re bleeding!” He said as he stepped to her. Minah froze again, she tripped on her way while walking back to her secretary, she was that nervous.

“I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not.” Minho said as he bent down on one knee and tied his handkerchief around the wound, he was careful not to touch her.

Minah bit her lip and looked up.

 

After receiving the call, Samsung’s CEO had dashed out of his office and asked for his car. Worry was painted on his face as he slipped in his Exelero.

Something had happened.

And what infuriated him most is that he wasn’t there and nobody helped.

He stepped on the gas as his knuckles whitened on the wheel.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

i promise, things are about to get intense :>