45

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

Kai winced as he saw the ecru envelop on his desk.

It was an invitation.

An invitation for his engagement party for next week.

He felt hopeless. He couldn’t escape his father unless he brings a girl and claims that he would marry her.

But that was impossible.

He looked at the articles about Choi Group’s heir and Kangsan’s heir.

They had been going out all week.

From coffee shops to restaurants, they were always seen with each other.

Ever since his family had announced his marriage, the people had been paying special attention to the other couple as well.

Kai rubbed his temples and looked away from his computer.

 

“Considering we’ve been playing our roles well the past few days, I think we should celebrate.” Minho started. Minah shook her head and drank her tea.

“I’ve been thinking, Minho.” She started.

“About the venture, I’ll try to fly to Jeju tomorrow. I’ve been letting you do all the work lately. I’m sorry. It’s just that…there are things that~”

“I understand. You don’t need to explain to me.”

“But, I have something to say, can you at least spare me a little amount of your time, dragon lady?”

Minah chuckled and nodded.

“I don’t know how it started, but ever since we started…talking and hanging out-”

Minah’s eyes widened.

“I realized, my feelings for you have changed. At first, I thought of you as just someone I did business with then we had this crazy pretend thing.”

“I’ve come to realize that, I don’t want you to be my fake girlfriend anymore, Na.”

Minah stared at him.

“I like you; can you be my real girlfriend?”

 

Minah walked in her office and found an envelope on her desk.

“Director, it came in earlier, it’s from Samsung’s head office.”

Minah blinked.

“Then that will be all, Director Kang.” Her secretary stepped out.

Minah eyed the envelope and sat down on her desk.

She opened it and took out a slim piece of white paper. Then she started to read its contents.

Then she remembered one of her conversations with Kai.

“I know, I shouldn’t getting into your life that much, but please, if~”

“I want to break up with her, Meens.”

 “…I tried loving her, but it just didn’t work. My feelings for Hyojeong were always just….because I like her. Not more than that and I know the two of us won’t last long.”

She stared at the invitation in her hands.

“Something’s not right.” She muttered as she stood up and ran out of her office.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++