46

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

 

“Director, it has been reported that director Kang had just stepped out of the building.”

Sehun looked up, Minah’s father sighed and stood up.

“Did she say where she will be heading?”

“No, sir. It seemed like she was in a rush.”

Sehun thanked the employee and dismissed her.

“What is happening here? What is wrong with my daughter?”

 

Minah’s Audi sped out of the compound, she gripped on the wheel as she hit the main road. She couldn’t understand. Why would Kai marry Hyojeong?

She bit her lip and looked at her purse. It was the same purse that Kai hd given her a few months ago.

What was happening to them?

She was just about to park at in front of Samsung’s office when her phone started ringing. She grabbed her phone and got out of her car.

“Hello?”

“Kang Minah, where are you right now?” Her father boomed. Minah paused and looked at the building in front of her.

“At..Samsung’s office, abeoji.”

“Why are you there?”

Minah blinked. Why is she in front of Kai’s office?

Her brows furrowed. She didn’t even know why she rushed over at Samsung’s headquarters. Her grip on her phone tightened.

“Anyway, I want you to head back here, right now.”

Minah put her phone down.

She was confused.

Then she looked up and stared at the entrance hall.

She shook her head.

“Why am I here?” She murmured to herself, then she saw Kai step out from the doors with his secretary.

Minah paused.

Their eyes met.

Minah’s frown deepened and she turned for her car again.

 

Kai was about to step towards her, but then he stopped. Minah had turned for her car and left abruptly.

“Sir, the car is here~”

Kai walked to the car and asked for the keys, then he sped off, following Minah’s vehicle.

 

Sehun tapped his fingers on the table as they waited for Minah. He knew something was wrong. He had just received the invitation for Kai’s engagement earlier.

“Honestly, Sehun-ah, what happened?”

“A few days ago, I think something happened to Minah. I heard she had a fight with Kai. But, I don’t really know.” He fibbed.

“This project with the Chois, can you  handle it?” Mr. Kang asked.

“Yes, I’ll take it.” He nodded.

“I think you should tell Minah first, hyung.” Mr. Oh said.

“It’s fine, I know my daughter, maybe she just needs a break.”

 

Minah pulled over in front of Kangsan’s office, she handed her keys to the valet and rushed to the doors.

She took a deep breath before walking in the lobby, then she felt a hand wrapped around her wrist.

“Minah, wait.”

Her eyes widened as she spun around. Kai was panting slightly from running to her.

“You’re here.” She said. Kai shook his head.

“I saw you earlier….why-”

“I just wanted to congratulate you, then abeoji called, I’m needed upstairs.” Minah said in her usual cool tone.

Kai let go of her and dropped his hand to his side.

“Meens, I don’t know~”

“You don’t have to explain me. I’m better off without knowing, right?” She said to him. Kai looked at her.

“About that~”

“I don’t want to hear it. If you want to talk, just schedule and appointment with my secretary.” She smiled coolly before turning away from him.

“So this is it, Kang Minah?!”

The employees in the lobby froze. Minah winced, she felt herself staggering at his tone.

“Yes, this is it.” She said without turning to him and walked to the elevator.

 

Minah felt tears line her eyes as the doors closed. She pressed her lips against the back of her palm. It was just too much for her.

It felt like letting go of a part of her. It was over between her and Kai. She just lost her best friend.

The doors opened, Sehun’s eyes widened as he saw his cousin.

“Meens.” He looked at her, Minah looked up and shook her head at him. Then Minah walked to him and buried her face against his coat.

“What happened?” Sehun asked.

Minah shook her head, Sehun was alarmed, Minah rarely cried. She never showed this side of her until now.

“Did Kai say something?” Sehun asked her and gently rubbed her back.

“I…think..I lost him.”

 

“I…think..I lost him.”

Minho looked up, he had just stepped out from the other elevator.

“Meens, that’s impossible. Kai and you~”

Minah just shook her head and hugged her cousin tightly.

Minho’s eyes widened.

He remembered his confession to Minah.

“I’ve come to realize that, I don’t want you to be my fake girlfriend anymore, Na.”

 “I like you; can you be my real girlfriend?”

Minah looked at him with wide eyes.

“Minho…I…”

“You don’t have to answer me now, Na. I can wait.”

“Then, will you let me think about it, first?” She looked at him.

“Of course.”

“We wont be talking anymore, Sehun. It’s over.” She murmured as she pulled away. Sehun sighed and took out his handkerchief. He rarely did this, taking care and watching out for his cousin, usually Kai would do it.

“I don’t think Kai can do that.” He nodded as he wiped her cheeks.

Minho stepped back.

They were talking about Kai. Minah was crying because of Kai.

He felt his chest tighten.

It was all about Kai again.

He remembered the time when Minah had run over to Kai and left him.

It was all too clear for him now.

For Minah, it was always going to be Kai.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

i might double update today :>

 

and, i have something to announce

i might not be able to update for the next 8-10 days :((

but dont worry. i will finish this ff once i return