4

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

Minah walked in the high profile jazz bar clad in an emerald mini dress that bared her arms, on her feet where YSL pumps.

She saw Sehun on one of the tables.

“Where’re Hyojeong?” She asked as she took the seat next to his.

“I saw her earlier, I don’t know where she went.” He replied as he eyed his cocktail.

“Miss Kang, right?” A male voice said behind them, Minah turned to glance at him.

“Do I know you?” Minah asked in her usual business-like voice. Sehun stifled a laugh and looked at the front instead.

“Yes, we met a few months back, I think it was one of Kai’s parties. I’m Im Daesung.” He offered his hand. Minah nodded and shook his hand.

“Can I get you a drink, then?” He smiled at her. Minah pulled her hand away.

“I’m sorry, I prefer not to drink tonight, I’m driving.” She said before turning away and settled for her phone.

Sehun shook his head.

“You’re just so…..cold, Meens.”

“Look who’s talking, ice prince.”

“At least I talk to people and socialize.”

“Why are you two bickering?” Kai joined them, and placed one arm around Minah’s shoulder, which she removed. Kai chuckled and sat beside her.

“Hyojeong’ will be here soon, she’s still talking with some of her friends.” Kai said. Sehun nodded.

“What’s with Im Daesung? Did he tell you something?”

Minah didn’t say anything.

“He tried to get her a drink.” Sehun snickered.

“Well, at least he tried.” Kai nodded,

“Sehun, Minah, hi!” Hyoejeong came walking to them dressed in a plum colored tube dress.

“Happy birthday, Hyo.” Minah stood up to greet her with a quick hug.

“Thank you for coming, Kai says you’ve been so busy lately.” She smiled.

“Well, you could say that.” Minah nodded.

 

Minho walked in the party clad in an all black suit, he had no necktie on but the first two buttons of his dress shirt were open. Ladies turned as he passed by, they threw flirty smiles at him. Minho looked around and saw Hyojeong.

“Oh, oppa!” Hyojeong beamed at him and gave her cousin a quick hug.

“Happy birthday, Hyojeong-ah.” He smiled and let her go.

Minho produced a small box from his pocket.

“I’ll open it later when you’re not around.” Hyo chuckled and dragged him to a table where Kai was.

“Kai, this is my older cousin, Minho oppa. Oppa he’s my boyfriend.”

Kai stood up and shook Minho’s hand.

“Nice to meet you.” Minho said.

“Same here. And this is Oh Sehun.” Kai introduced his friend. Sehun nodded at Minho.

Minho joined their table.

“Did Minah leave?” Hyojeong asked.

“She had to take a call, she’ll be back soon.” Kai replied.

 

Minah sighed as she looked at her shoes, she was just outside the bar, talking on the phone.

“I’ll be meeting the director tomorrow, don’t worry dad.” She murmured.

“Make sure to check the contract. Here, your mom wants to talk to you.”

“Yes.” Minah replied.

“Minah! How are you doing? Are you and Sehun doing fine?”

“Yes, Sehun and I are both okay, mom. We’re at a party right now.”

“Party? You?”

Minah had to roll her eyes.

“Yes, eomma can I call you back later? Sehun’s probably looking for me already.”

Her mother bid goodbye and Minah placed her phone in her purse.

Minah made her way back to the entrance, but a tall man blocked her way.

“You….embarrassed me in front of my friends.” He slurred.

Minah stepped back and looked at him, in an instant she recognized him. He was Im Daesung, they guy from earlier.

“Excuse me.” She muttered as she tried to pass by, but he just grabbed her wrist, Minah’s eyes widened.

“Just because you’re Kang Minah you think you can do that to me?” The man grunted, Minah frowned and tugged on her wrist.

 

Kai checked at the time, it has been more than fifteen minutes since Minah left, Hyoheong was chatting with her cousin. While Sehun busy looking around in disdain at the girls who were drinking endlessly by the bar.

“I’ll check on Meens.” Kai murmured as he stood up and left.

 

“Please, let go of me.” Minah said.

But Im Daesung just grinned at her in all his drunken glory, then he started to pull Minag towards him as he eyed her legs.

“But, even though you have an attitude, you are pretty~”

Minah twisted his hand and with her elbow he pushed the man’s chest and he landed on the floor.

Kai stopped by the entrance. Minah grunted, her brows furrowing, then she wiped her hand with her handkerchief.

“Not bad, sunshine.” Kai eyed the man skeptically as onlookers noticed Daesung grunting in pain.

“I think I’m good for the night, tell Hyo I need to go.” Minah said.

“Ya, chill. He’s just-”

“You know I don’t like places like this. I’ll see you at the Time ball Kai.” She said before asking for her car from the valet.

“She wanted to introduce you to her cousin.” Kai said.

“It’s fine. I want to go home.” She said stubbornly. Kai sighed and gave her a quick hug.

“Drive safely.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++