3

Back To You

 

 

 

Narrator

 

It was Sunday morning when Kai walked in Minah’s condo unit. He found Minah in the living room with a bunch of files and papers. She was sleeping on the couch, with her long legs curled beneath her. Kai shook his head as he took off his coat and placed it on the table.

“Meens, wake up.” He murmured as he tapped her arm. Minah grumbled.

“Come on, your going to get leg cramps because of your position.” He said as he tugged on her foot.

Minah yawned and blinked at him.

“Good morning sunshine.”

Minah rolled her eyes as she sat up, Kai plopped beside her and grabbed the remote and switched the TV on.

Minah scooted next to him and leaned on his shoulder.

“What brings you here?” She asked.

“Hyojeong is in China, she had to attend some sort of fundraiser.”

Minah nodded groggily.

“Should we grab some brunch later?”

“Brunch?” Minah glanced at the wall clock. It was already ten in the morning.

“Yup, did you sleep late again?” Kai asked.

“I had some things to finish.” She murmured. Kai chuckled and tried to fix her hair.

“Go and shower, we’ll leave after.” He pushed her up.

If there were one person who knew how Minah really is, it would be Kai. He knows about her soft and relaxed side and her cold dragon lady side.

He watched as Minah trudged to her room and close the door behind her. He smiled and went back to watching the show on the screen.

 

“Donuts?” Kai asked.

Minah was dressed in black denim cut offs and a Givenchy sweater with Loboutin Pigale pumps.

“Let’s have that.” She replied as she tugged on his sleeve.

Kai and her went in the shop and ordered.

“I heard on the news about your venture with the Choi Group.” Kai said as took the seat across hers.

“Yeah, I haven’t met their director yet.”

The waitress finally placed their order on the table, Kai gave her a quick smiled. Minah grabbed her coffee and took her donut.

“Is it a new branch?” Kai asked. Minah nodded.

“Ya, take off your coat. You eat messily.” Minah murmured. Kai grinned as he took off his coat and placed behind him. He was just clad in his blue dress shirt and tapered khakis now.

“Thanks, mom.”

Minah rolled her eyes at him.

 

“So, you’re picking her up today?” Minah asked, she had just finished her meeting and she was walking across the lobby, her high heels were tick tacking on the floor. As she passed employees bowed to her.

“Yeah, can you come later?” Kai asked from the other end, he was driving to the airport.

“Ah, right. It’s Hyojeong’s birthday.” She nodded to herself.

“I can, I’m going somewhere with Sehun this afternoon, I’ll just call you.”

“Good, I’ll see you later, Meen.”

Sehun was outside, leaning on his Gallardo.

“What time will we arrive?” Minah asked.

“About thirty minutes.” Sehun grinned at her as he opened the door.

“I meant normal time, not you being crazy driver on the streets.”

Sehun shrugged at her.

Soon, Sehun was already driving them to the site.

“We have to check the location before meeting with the Choi Group’s director.” Sehun said.

“I heard, Choi Minho, right?” Minah looked at her cousin.

“Yes, him. I had someone do a background check on him, Meens.”

“Geuraesso?” She looked up from her S3 phone, courtesy of her best friend. Minah always had the new models from Samsung. It was  thing Kai always did for her. Not that she minded.

“Well, he’s like a male version of you.”

“He has a playgirl best friend?”

“Meens?”

“Mwo?”

“Don’t try to joke, it doesn’t suit you.” Sehun shuddered.

 

“Ya, Oh Sehun!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++