15

Back To You

Narrator

 

Minho eyed the black Mercedes Benz that was parked a few yards away from them as he went down from the jet. Minah was behind him, her bag securely hung on her shoulder.

He also noticed the Samsung logo that was on the car’s windshield.

“Then, I’ll see you tomorrow night.” Minah said as they walked at the tarmac.

“Yes, have a safe trip back to Gangnam.” Minho murmured back, as Kai’s secretary went to Minah to claim her purse.

Minah gave her a quick smile before following the other man.

 

Minho got inside his car then he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

He found it odd how Kai and Minah were too comfortable with each other. But he knew their friendship was deeper than what he actually thinks, but he still finds Kai’s actions towards Minah different.

Then he remembered his cousin ranting about how Kai never introduced her to his parents, in the end Kai had to lie using his best friend.

Minho shook his head and started his car.

He shouldn’t be getting into things that are nothing to him.

 

The black Mercedes pulled over in front of Samsung World Hotel, Minah eyed the gold walls warily as she stepped in the lobby.

“Mister Kim will be waiting at the function hall, ma’am.” The manager himself, handed her a key card.

Minah nodded and headed for the elevator.

She arrived in her suite and found a silver long sleeved peplum dress hung on the closet and a pair of emerald colored Louboutins. She shook her head as she headed to the bathroom to shower.

Minah wrapped the bathrobe around her and found a note stuck on the coffee table.

I’ll be expecting you at 6:30 sharp, Meens. –Kai

She rolled her eyes as she stood up and slipped in the dress.

 

Sehun looked up as he heard the group of noisy females quiet down beside him.

He craned his neck and noticed his cousin stepped in the room.

“It’s her!”

“It’s Kang Minah!”

“She’s still a beauty.”

Sehun rolled his eyes as people began to gossip about his cousin.

 

Kai was chatting with one of the company’s investors when he felt something change. He looked up, and he was right, Minah was in the room. She was looking around.

Kai smiled, and excused himself.

“Meens.” He grinned at her, Minah narrowed her eyes at her.

“I missed you.” He said sweetly, trying to simmer her anger, by wrapping his arms around her waist and quickly releasing her.

“If you’re going to make me lie again tonight, Kim Jongin, I will personally~”

“Kai?” Hyojeong joined them, Kai’s brows rose lightly and bent down to kiss her cheek.

“Hi Meens.” Hyojeong smiled at her.

“Good you’re here, I~”

“Minah!”

Minah froze and turned, it was Kai’s parents.

Jaejoong was behind them grinning at his younger brother.

“Abeoji, Eomma.” Kai blinked.

“I see Minah’s friend has joined you two again.” His mother said.

Minah looked at Kai.

“Yes, eomma. I invited her too.” Kai said, he felt Hyojeong stiffen beside him.

Jaejoong shook his head at him.

“Well, that’s good then. ” His mother nodded before leaving with the elder Kim. Jaejoong stayed.

“I…need to go.” Hyojeong murmured as she pulled away from Kai.

“Hyo, wait~”

“Kim Jongin.” Jaejoong sighed.

Kai frowned and turned towards the way Hyojeong had walked to.

“I don’t get him.” Minah shook her head.

Jaejoong smiled at her and patted her shoulder.

“Soon you will, Meens.”

“Oppa, they’ve been going out for almost a year. Why cant he just tell uncle and auntie about it. Plus, Hyojeong’s from a very respectable family.”

 

“That doesn’t matter to Kai, Meens. You know that, he has his reasons.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++