47

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

Kris sighed and looked at his cousin. It was around ten in evening when one of his underlings called and told him that they had spotted Minah at one of Seoul’s exclusive bars, alone.

Minah wasn’t drinking, but she had a bottle of liquor in front of her and an empty glass. She wasn’t the type to drink, but being in a bar alone made Kris worry for her.

He saw some guys look at her as they pass, some even tried to approache her, but standing behind Minah were two men and black suits, blocking their way.

“Whats wrong with mei?” Tao walked in and took the seat beside Kris.

“I..have no idea.”

 

Minah lifted the bottle and slowly poured some of the liquid in the glass.

She stared at it and looked at her reflection on the glass table.

She couldn’t understand herself, her father was mad at her, but she didn’t care. The company was in a mess but she didn’t have the energy to talk back and settle things. Even her project was handed to Sehun.

She knew she was being to laxe and lenient but she was more troubled about Kai.

And it frustrated her.

If Kai wanted to end their friendship, she shouldn’t care too much and just cut it off. But no, she couldn’t do it. It bothered her.

She didn’t know that she was already dependent on Kai. Everytime she was in trouble she knew he would be there.

Unlike the employees that she could fire in a snap, she couldn’t do it to Kai who had hurt her. She curled her fists and drank.

She had no idea what she was feeling. And she didn’t like it.

 

“Here.” Sehun dropped the envelope on the table.

Kris and Tao looked up, they were inside a private room.

“What is it?” Tao asked as Kris opened the item.

“Kai? Married?” Kris blinked and tossed the invite to Tao.

“It’s this Saturday.” Sehun replied.

“So…this is why….” Kris turned towards the one way tinted windows, Minah was still sitting down, with the two guards behind her.

“I..think.” Sehun muttered.

“It’s been weeks since they last..spoke to each other.”

“It’s mutual.” Kris muttered.

“I’ve never seen Meens like this.” Sehun gestured towards her.

“Both of them are stupid.” Kris spat. Sehun frowned.

“We all know Kang Minah. She always has to keep her strong front, no matter what. But now look at her.” Kris shook his head.

“This is all because of Kai. She didn’t even flinch when she and that Youngjae separated.”

“What are you getting at, ge?” Sehun and Tao looked at him.

“Minah’s starting to realize that Kai is not just a best friend to her.”

 

Hyojeong smiled at her reflection, she was fitting the dress she was to where on the day of the engagement.

Her mother and Kai’s were standing behind her, both smiling.

“Kim Jongin, really. He wont pick up any of my calls.” Mrs. Kim muttered.

Hyojeong’s smile fell fractionally.

Kai had broken up with her, but it didn’t matter. They were to be wed next month.

“Don’t worry, auntie. I’m sure Kai is just busy.” She said with a tight smile before going to the dressing room to change.

 

Kai sat on his desk and immediately read the files on his table.

Then he heard his doors opened.

“What-”

Kris looked at him.

“Oh, ge.” He nodded.

“I don’t know if I should tell you this but Minah is missing. And if you still care about her, I would-”

 

“Director Kim, Kangsan just called, it has been eight hours since Miss Kang had gone missing.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++