48

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

 

Kai bolted out from his seat and ran out of his office.

Thoughts were starting to run on his mind.

“Sir, the meeting will start in ten minutes~”

“Cancel it.” He replied before stepping in the elevator.

“Where are you, Kang Minah?” He murmured as he looked at his phone.

 

“I’m sorry if I disturbed you.” Minah said.

Minho shook his head and sat on the leather seat.

“This has been family’s house, I thoguht it was only fair if I would show you around.” She said.

Minho smiled at her then he glanced at the view of the beach, then he grabbed the remote control and switched on the television.

“It has been reported, that this Saturday marks a huge event for both Samsung and Min Banking Group-”

Minah winced and looked away, Minho glanced at her.

“Are…you still not telling me why you had to rush here?”  He asked softly.

Minah frowned and sat across him.

“I’m sorry, if I used our company jet they would know where I am.”

“That’s not what I meant, Na.”

Minah shook her head.

“I..myself don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

 

Kai slammed his fists against the door.

It has been almost twenty four hours since Minah was last seen.

Sehun frowned and gazed at his blank phone screen. No one could reach Minah via phone either.

“I told you…you affect her greatly. You..are the only one who can hurt her so bad, why did it take you so long to realize?” Sehun looked at him.

“Now, she’s gone. We cant find her, if only you~”

“We are not having this conversation again.”

“Might as well be, with your engagement coming in a just a few days, I don’t think you should be worrying over a girl whom you already have let go.”

Kai looked away.

 

Minah curled herself on the couch inside her room. Minho had went out to the construction site to check on the hotel.

She felt tears line her eyes.

She didn’t know what to feel first, frustrated because of Kai, or hurt because of what has happened to them.

Her phone started to ring again. She glanced at the screen.

KAI

Minah winced and looked away.  She couldn’t understand herself. The moment when she saw the invitation everything inside her seem to switch off and all she wanted was an explanation from Kai. But she didn’t know why she was so worked up about it.

“It’s because he doesn’t love her.” Minah said to herself.

But why did she feel so hurt?

 

 

Sehun rubbed his temples and loosened his tie as he stepped in his office. It was a clear Friday afternoon, still Minah has not shown herself. Earlier that day he visited the Jeju site with Choi Group. He found it odd how Minho wasn’t around as he had the meeting, but he ignored it. There was just so much at hand right now.

He knew why Minah had left. She needed time to understand herself. Sehun knew how Minah felt for Kai, she just realized it now.

“Meens, please come back.” He murmured.

“Sir! We already know where Director Kang is!” His secretary came rushing in the room.

 

Kai looked at the pictures on the screen. His fists curled slightly and dismissed the managers in his office.

He stood up and crossed his arms.

Minah was in Jeju with Choi Minho. They had been photographed together while leaving the airport.

“Kai? We have the final fitting for your suit this afternoon, let’s go.” Hyojeong appeared by the door and shut it behind her.

Kai didn’t respond.

“Kai, our parents our waiting.”

“As a woman, don’t you have any more pride Hyo? I told you I wont be doing it.” He asked softly. Hyojeong’s eyes widened.

“Is this about Minah again? Well, you cant have her, Kai. You know that.”

“This isnt about her, this is about our marriage. I cant marry you.”

“You have to, if not~”

“Why don’t you get it? You should be hating me.”

“Kai-”

“I just used you, Hyo. I thoguht that if I had you I could mask my feelings for Meens or even forget her. But it never worked.”

Hyojeong felt tears line her eyes.

 

“Because she’s not you. You don’t know how many times I tried to love you Hyo, but I cant. I’m sorry.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++