40

Back To You

 

NP: MISSING YOU- TEEN TOP

Narrator

 

Kai walked in his Apgujeong flat and walked to his study.

He looked at the framed photographs of him and Hyojeong on his desk. He frowned and put it inside his drawer.

He decided to let go both Hyo and Meens.

If he kept Hyojeong longer, she would just hurt more. And avoiding Minah would do him well too.

But he knew he was never ready to let go of Meens yet. He doesn’t even think he’ll be able to do that.

But he must.

He plucked out the photo of Minah stuck on his lamp and placed it in his drawer beside Hyojeong’s photo.

Kai looked at Hyo’s photo.

“It’s..just not you, Hyo. I guess I thought you could replace her, I wanted to make you resemble her…I’m sorry.” Kai said before closing the drawer.

 

Minah walked in Samsung’s office and was automatically led to Kai’s floor.

“Miss Kang.” Kai’s secretary stood up to greet her. Minah gave him a smile and headed towards the door.

“Uhm.”  He stepped in front of her.

Minah blinked.

“Mister Kim instructed not to let anyone enter, Miss Kang.”

“Secretary Im, it’s just me. Kai-” She trailed off.

“Anyone but me, you mean.” She stated.

The man looked away.

“He won’t meet me, right?”

 

Kai closed his eyes as he leaned on the door. As soon as Minah was seen in the lobby, the front desk had informed him, like they usually do. And as usual, Minah would just barge in his office.

“He won’t meet me, right?”

He could hear her voice from the other side.

“It’s not like that, Miss Kang. The director has been busy all day~”

“Stop lying, Secretray Im.”

“But Miss~”

 

Minah shook her head and turned away from Kai’s doors and headed for the elevator. She felt tears line her eyes. She never felt so frustrated and hurt.

Kai never did this to her. He never turned her away like this, so blatantly.

Minah held her tears as she rode the elevator down and walked to her car.

She got in her Audi and leaned on the steering wheel.

 She let her tears fall on her lap.

 

Minho was waiting inside Kangsan’s conference room for the weekly meeting. Kangsan’s team was already in the room discussing about the project with him. But Minah wasn’t around.

“I’m sorry, but Director Kang won’t be able~”

“I’m here. It’s fine, Manager Seo.” Minah walked in the room. Minho looked up and he saw her.

“Sorry, I’m late-”

“Are you okay?” Minho asked.

“What do you mean? I’m okay~”

“You don’t look okay, Na.” Minho looked at her and stood up. Minah swallowed and pulled away.

 

“I’m fine. Let’s just get this meeting over with.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++