39

Back To You

Narrator

 

 

“What is wrong with you, Kim Jongin?!” Minah pulled his arm and made him face her.

“Wrong? What’s wrong with me?!” Kai looked at her with cold eyes.

“Why are you so angry? I should be the one who’s mad at you.”

Kai grunted and crossed his arms.

“Why? Because I ruined your little moment with Choi Minho?”

Minah frowned and looked at him.

“Why do you think everything’s a mess right now? Because of that article you released! If only you just told the truth to your parents and not embarrass Hyojeong this would never have happened.”

Kai looked at her.

“So you’re saying that I’m the one who sold you off to Choi Minho?”

“I wasn’t sold to him!”

“You seem to enjoy it, Meens.”

“What are you saying?”

“Put all the blame on me, Meens. I don’t really care anymore.”

“Kai…”

“Maybe if I wasn’t around anymore you would be better off.”

“Kai, no. It’s not like that~”

Kai shook his head at her and walked to his car.

 

Minah walked into her flat and tossed her purse on the table. She sighed heavily as headed for the kitchen.

Then she blinked.

There was a full meal prepared on the table.

Only one person had her pass code and would make dinner for her at this time.

“Kai.” She sighed as she sat down.

She regretted being so mad with him earlier. But she was confused. She never saw Kai being so unreasonable and hard to deal with it. It was like another him.

Minah picked up her chopsticks and started to eat.

 

 

Minho sat on his chair and rubbed his temples.

“I’m sorry, Minho. But thanks for today, I really mean it.”

Then Minah turned away from him, running after Kai.

He felt anger seep in him.

He knew their friendship was different from the others but he had a feeling that

Minah had feelings for Kai. But it wasn’t possible.To her, Kai was just a best friend, like a brother.

Minho looked at the contract on his desk. It was the papers signed by both Kangsan and Choi Group for the new hotel resort at Jeju.

It was the reason why he had to be in a fake relationship with her.

But he didn’t want that anymore. He didn’t care about the contract and the venture anymore.

He liked Minah.

He wants to be someone she can lean on. And he had a feeling that Kai was going to be his competition for her heart.

 

 

Minah leaned back on her desk. It was past one and she felt odd that out of her three meetings, Kai hadn’t called or even left a message.

She knew that the fight they had last night was a big one. But they usually fought and Kai would get over it by the next day.

Minah frowned and tapped her fingers on the armrest. She didn’t even notice Sehun and Kris walk in her office.

“Meens?”

Minah looked up.

“Kris ge!” She stood up and gave her cousin a hug.

“Hey, you look..troubled.” Kris smiled at her and patted her cheek.

“What happened last night? I’m sure Kai headed over to your place after he left us.” Sehun said as he sat down. Kris looked at his cousin questioningly.

Minah looked away.

“I..dont know.”

“Meens, don’t lie to us.” Kris said.

“Where’s Tao gege?” She asked.

“He’s waiting for us at the restaurant.” Sehun answered.

“Then let’s go!” Minah said as she grabbed her purse. Kris and Sehun looked at each other.

“She’s lying.” Sehun said flatly as they followed her out.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++