25

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

Minah turned and found her bestfriend leaning on the kitchen counter oh-so casually.

Kai had his arms crossed and looked at her.

“It’s…all a mistake.” Minah started as she sat on one of the stools.

“Mistake? Which one? You’re now dating him or the blind date?”

Minah sighed and drank her water.

“It’s a pretend relationship, a fake one.” She said. Kai nodded.

“And you actually consented to it.”

“I didn’t have a choice. Have you had dinner?”

Kai’s brows furrowed.

“You do know the consequences of whatever you just got yourself into right?” He asked.

“Yes, it’s just~”

“Do you even know Minho well?”

“I don’t think he’s that bad, Jongin. We’ve chatted a lot of times. He seems okay.” Minah nodded and walked to the fridge to get some kimchi.

“Kimchi fried rice, will that be~ oh. Why are you back so early? I thought you werent due till this Friday.” Minah turned to him.

“Gee, I’m not sure, maybe because something happened to my Meens while I was away.”

Minah chuckled and walked to him, and gently wrapped her arms around his waist.

“It’s all good, Kai. Chill.”

 

Kai sat on the kitchen table while Minah started cook. He was bothered on how Minah was alerady comfortable with Minho.

She even approved of a fake relationship with him!

It wont be long until she approves of being in a real relationship with Minho too!

Kai knew that he should be alarmed, Minah never accepted people that quickly. She can be choosy and overly careful, but with Minho, he knew something was up.

And he knew how fake relationships ended too, most of the time they ended up together.

Kai shook his head as Minah turned to him.

“Oh, Hyojeong wanted you to have this.” He took out an envelop from his coat pocket.

“What is it?” She asked as she placed the bowl of food on the table and reached for it, she opened the invitation.

“A Unicef ball, this Saturday.” Kai nodded.

Minah smiled and patted his head.

“Now, go be a sweet boyfriend and be her , arasso?”

“So that you can go with Minho?” Kai asked playfully, but one could hear the edge in his voice.

Minah chuckled and slapped his arm.

“No, I’m coming with Sehun, you idiot. Now, let’s eat.”

Kai chuckled and picked up his spoon.

 

“So everything’s okay now?” Minah asked as she placed a bowl of popcorn on Kai’s lap and sat down.

Kai nodded and grabbed the remote control.

“Meens, promise me one thing.” He said.

Minah looked at him.

“Be…careful. I honestly think that this fake relationship thing isnt healthy.” Kai said.

Minah nodded and leaned on his shoulder and watched as the movie started.

“Don’t lose the dragon lady attitude.” He said.

Minah chuckled and started to chew on some popcorn.

“And, I’m planning on going to the ball as Hyojeong’s .”

“Good, you might as well introduce her to your parents~”

“Sure, just hand me yoru company first.” Kai said wanly, Minah chuckled and directed her gaze to the screen.

Kai smiled and looked down at her face. He sighed lowly and leaned his cheek on her head.

 

It was balmy Friday and Minho was having lunch with Jonghyun and Onew.

“Nice move, I must say.” Jonghyun grinned at him.

“It’s just business hyung. Don’t let~”

“If it’s just business, then why are you so okay with it? Choi Minho, we know you well. You’re not the type who would agree to something like this. There must be something else.” Jinki said.

Minho closed his mouth and continued slicing his steak.

“Hyung’s right.” Jonghyun nodded.

Minho shook his head.

“Go ahead, keep on denying it. We can see how you’ll act around her tomorrow. Would you like us to video tape it so you can see?”

Minho rolled his eyes.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++