33

Back To You

 Narrator

 

Minho watched as the car drive away from them. His jaw clenched and turned away.

He was starting doubt Kai. Somehow he had a feeling that he was in love with his best friend.

And he was starting have a sinking feeling that Minah was not just a business partner to him,

 

“I just don’t get it hyung. If she was just a friend to you, would you drive all the way~” Minho flinched as Key pressed a cotton with ointment on his lip.

“He knows how to punch.” Key nodded in amusement.

Onew looked at his friend and took a sip from his whiskey.

“It’s quite obvious you know.” Jonghyun said.

“What?” Minho pulled away from Key who was starting to pick on his bruise. Key rolled his eyes.

“At the party, he was always glancing at her, talking to her and in case you haven’t noticed, they went home together.” Jongyun pointed out.

“He sees her differently.” Taemin nodded.

Minho didn’t reply, instead he just drank his drink.

Jonghyun smirked.

“Tell us the truth, Choi. Do you like her?”

Everyone turned to the Choi heir.

“Lately, when we meet each other and hang out, you always talk about her. And a few weeks after, you’re in a scandal with her then now she’s your….fake girlfriend. So..whats the deal?” Jonghyun pressed.

Minho’s brows furrowed and he refilled his glass, but Onew pulled the bottle away from him.

“No answer, no drink.” He said. Taemin grinned at his hyungs and leaned in.

“…When I’m around her, I feel happy. I want to protect her.”

Jonghyun smiled triumphantly.

“Finally! I was starting to doubt what specie you were, Choi Minho!”

 

 

Kai sat in the living room while Minah showered. They were inside Minah’s pent house. He rolled up the sleeves of his sweater and looked at his phone.

Hyojeong, his brother and his parents have been calling since he released the statement earlier this morning. He tossed his phone on the coffee table and flexed his neck. He can deal with them later. Right now, he knew Minah needed him.

He heard her door creak open, Minah strolled out of the room wearing a pair of terry shorts and a grey shirt.

“Feeling better?” He asked. Minah frowned and went down and sat beside him.

“You shouldn’t have punched him, Kai.”

“What happened, Meens?” He asked lowly. Minah sighed and leaned on him.

“…Earlier…I was at the site, I..got into trouble. Then…it all came back to me.”

Kai was right. It was her trauma again.

He sighed and wrapped one arm around her.

“Don’t worry, Meens. He’s gone. He won’t be able to hurt you anymore.” He murmured.

“I…almost lost it earlier..” She said. Kai smiled and patted her hair.

“Meens, do you remember how they look like?” He asked.

“A little. Why?” She looked up, Kai just smiled and stood up from the couch,

“I’m going to have to make a call.”

 

Exactly twenty minutes later, two police artists were inside the house, talking to Minah. They drew as Minah started to describe the men she had dealt with earlier; Kai was sitting beside her, a mug of coffee in his hands. It was just five in the afternoon.

“Then, this is what we came up with.” One of the officers said as he pushed the two sketches to Kai.

Kai nodded and placed his mug in front of Meens, and then he pulled out his phone and took photos of the sketches.

“Thank you for coming. I hope this reminds between us. If word gets out about this issue it might endanger Kangsan as well as our company.” Kai stood up and shook both of their hands.

“It’s no big deal, Mister Kim. We’re glad we could help.”

Minah gave a polite bow to the officers before Kai walked them to the door.

“What are you going to with those photos, Kai?” She asked, her usual self was now back.

Kai smiled cheekily and walked to her.

“You’ll see.” He said as he kissed her forehead.

“Go get some rest. I’ll order some take out for us.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++