41

Back To You

 

 

 

Narrator

 

Kai looked up, his dad rarely arranged family lunches with him.

“Today?” He asked. The secretary nodded.

“Did he say why?”

“No, director. He just asked for your presence as well as the vice president’s.”

Jaejoong was also coming. Kai nodded and dismissed him.

 

Hyojeong looked at her burgundy dress and Loboutin heels. She didn’t know why Kai’s parents would want to meet her. But she felt pleased.

Now that Minah was out of the picture, she knew Kai would be hers again in no time.

She headed down the stairs and walked to her car with a smile.

 

Jaejoong took his seat beside his mother and looked at them.

“Why would you do that?” He asked incredulously.

“He needs to settle down sooner or later, Jaejoong. Why not now?” His mom said.

Jaejoong frowned.

“He won’t do this, you know that.” He said.

“He will have to. He has done enough damage to the company.”

 

Minah sat down in silence throughout the whole meeting. The other employees from her company were starting to get jumpy due to her silence. They all misinterpreted her to be angry or not pleased with their plan. But the truth was, Kang Minah was bothered. She wasn’t even listening to whatever Minho’s side was saying she just kept nodding. It was like her body was there, but her mind wasn’t.

Sehun eyed his cousin. She was totally out of it. Minah was just sitting there, not listening even though she was looking at the screen it was obvious how she wasn’t participating. She never asked a question regarding the progress of the hotel. She wasn’t being her usual dragon lady self.

Finally, the meeting was over.

“Director Kang, we’re scheduling another meeting by the end of this month. When will you want it to be?”

Minah blinked then looked at her secretary. Her brows furrowed in confusion as her boss stood up.

“Schedule it anytime I’m free.” Minah muttered. Minho watched her curiously as Minah bit her lip and greeted the other employees as they stepped out. It was clear to him that she was disturbed.

As soon as they were alone in the conference room Minho turned to her.

“Is something wrong, Na?”

“No, just some stuff. I’m glad you could come today. It’s about the construction at Jeju. I had a few men visit the other day, we already~”

“I know, it was discussed earlier.” Minho smiled at her. Minah nodded.

“You look…confused.”

“I was…”

“You were out of it, Meens.” Sehun came from behind her. Minah looked at him.

“Sehun-”

Sehun shook his head at her before stepping out. Minho looked at Minah in worry.

“Do you want to have lunch together?” He asked.

 

Kai walked in the private dining hall and blinked. His parents and brother were already there, sitting down with the Mins.

Hyojeong was the first one to look up and see him.

“Oh, you’re here.” Jaejoong waved him over. Kai furrowed his brows and took his seat.

“It’s been a while, Kai.” Mrs. Min smiled at him, Kai nodded politely at her. Hyojeong gave him a smile.

“Abeoji, eomma, why are all here?” Kai looked at his parents, a little uncomfortable how the Mins where joining them.

“Son, right now rumors are still flying around between you, Minah and Miss Min.” His father started. Kai looked at him.

Jaejoong looked away. He knows what will happen.

“What do you mean, abeoji?”

“We’ve decided, Mr. Min and I have talked about you and Hyojeong.”

 

“We think it would be better if you marry her, son.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++