32

Back To You

 

 

Narrator

 

 

Hyojeong felt her tears start to flow as she read the article that had just been released. Earlier she had been in cloud nine when Kai’s family had released a statement about her relationship with him.

But now, another statement that had come from Kai’s main office had claimed that it was nothing but a rumor and that the first statement was just a mistake.

She looked at the screen and saw one of the related articles, it was about Kang Minah and her company’s close ties with Samsung. Below was a photo of Minah and the whole Kim family.

Her fists curled as she closed her laptop.

“It’s always about her!”

 

Minah kept to herself in the plane. Minho wanted to talk to her but he didn’t know how to. He was afraid that something bad has happened to her. He tried to speak to her, but Minah would give nothing away. She always claimed she was fine and nothing was wrong. But it was obvious, even her secretary was nervous. Her boss was not acting like herself.

It was an hour back to Seoul. Soon, they finally landed at the airport. Minah looked up as the plane’s captain started to announce their arrival.

She took a deep breath and stood up.

“I’ll have someone from the company visit the place by this afternoon.” She said as she took her purse and proceeded for the exit.

Minho didn’t get the chance to reply, he stood up and followed her.

 

Kai was parked right beside where the jet had stopped. He was leaning on his car as he watched crew prepare the make shift stairs. Then he finally relaxed as he saw Minah appear by the jet’s door.

From the look on her eyes, he knew it happened again.

Something that bothered her so much. Something that could hurt Kangsan’s dragon lady.

Kai pushed himself from the car.

He walked to the stairs, then he saw Minho reach for her arm.

“Na~”

Minah jolted and pulled her arm away. Minho looked at her with wide eyes.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t~”

“Meens.” Kai called, his anger rising as he saw the blood stained cloth on her knee.

Minah’s eyes landed on her friend, then she sighed in relief.

She stepped down the stairs, Kai frowned and opened his arms for her.

“Kai…I was…they…there…it happened again.” She was shaking as she leaned on him. Kai nodded and rubbed her back  comfortingly. Then he pulled away from her.

Minho watched as Minah let Kai touch her. His brows furrowed.

Why was Kai in the place?

Just what kind of relationship did they have?

“Get in the car.” Kai said calmly as he opened the door, Minah nodded.

Kai closed the door and turned to Minho, his gaze was cold and impassive.

Then Kai walked to him and gave him a clean punch, Minho staggered back while clutching to his jaw.

“What are you doing?!”

From the car, Minah’s eyes widened.

“Her parents entrusted her under you care. If she comes back scathed again, it won’t be just a punch you’ll get.” He stated before walking to the driver’s seat.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++