28

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

Minho watched as Kai and Minah stepped back inside the room, the two were chatting as they got glasses of champagne.

“So, she’s good friends with your cousin’s boyfriend.” Jonghyun commented.

Minho nodded at him, and then he saw Minah laugh and reached out to wipe Kai’s lip. He blinked.

“Good friends?” Jonghyun blinked at him.

“They…have a very…special friendship.”

“I’ve seen that guy with Hyojeong, but those two look more like a couple.”

Minho frowned and looked away.

 

 

Minah took her seat which was between Sehun and Minho. Kai was assigned to another table, but the seat beside him which was Hyojeong’s was empty.

“Are you enjoying the party?” Minho asked.

“It’s okay.” Minah nodded amiably.

“I suspect you are not a party person, Na?”

“You are quite right about that. I always preferred staying home.” She chuckled as food was starting to be served.

“I~”

Minho trailed off as he saw his cousin walk in the dining hall with her eyes swollen.

Minah watched as Hyojeong took her seat next to Kai’s. She saw Kai’s brows furrow for a moment, then his expression turned into a flat and reserved one. Minah shook her head.

“Then, can I suggest something about our show?” Minho turned to her again.

“Show?”

Minho looked at her with brows raised.

“Ah. I get it. Show time.” Minah grinned.

“Tomorrow, we do have this meeting at Jeju, right?”

Minah nodded.

“Can I take you out for lunch?”

 

At his question, Sehun’s gaze snapped to his cousin’s side profile. He knew what her answer would be, or what Minah’s usual answer is.

It was usually a no or a perfectly made alibi.

Then to his shock, Minah said,

“As long as we don’t eat at that Japanese resto that serves old fish. It’s fine with me.”
 

 

Minah and Minho stepped out of the hall purposely. As soon as they were seen hordes of reporters snapped pictures of them and asked them questions.

“Miss Kang, how long have you been seeing Mister Choi?”

“Minho-ssi, is it true that you’re tying the knot next month?”



“When is the date?”

“When did the two of you meet?”

At the second question they both had to stifle their laughs and continued walking. Soon, the lobby was starting to get too crowded.

Minah could not even see her own feet as they walkd, Minho was right behind her.

Minah was about to look up for help when she felt a strong arm wrap around her waist. She felt herself tense and turned to Minho.

“Be careful.” Minho said with a smile as he guided her through with one arm around her.

Minah’s brows furrowed and nodded.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++=