30

Back To You

 

 

 

Narrator

 

“Geuraesso?” Minah asked from the bathroom, she was just washing her face.

Kai was inside the room, comfortably lying on the bed while laying with his phone.

“I don’t know Meens. I just feel like….I don’t want to hurt her.” Kai said, Minah stepped out from the bathroom  clad in a pair of sweatpants and a v-neck shirt.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“I’m thinking about my relationship with Hyo. I don’t think…we’ll…well, I..”

Minah looked at him expectantly.

“I’ll tell you some other time, let’s go down.”

 

Sehun was seated comfortably on a solo recliner, while the other two shared the couch. The three friends were in Kai’s Gangnam residence.

“Promise me we’ll sit down and talk about what’s bothering you.” Meens murmured before leaning back. Kai smiled and gave her a nod.

“But, something has been bothering me.” She said as the movie started.

“What?”

Sehun turned to her.

“Your parents already know about you and Hyo.”

“I don’t get you, Meens.”

“That means they might announce to the public. It would actually look good for Samsung’s image, you dating Min Banking Group’s daughter.”

Kai closed his eyes in exasperation. Sehun grinned and went back to watching the screen.

Minah looked at her friend.

“Don’t worry too much; I’ll help you if I can.” She smiled and squeezed his hand.

 

 

“Meens! Early flight, remember?” Kai said as he pulled on the sheets.

He was in Minah’s room, well her room in his house.

“Five minutes.” Meens murmured back.

“Sure. Now get up!” Kai said as he pulled her feet. Minah grunted and slowly sat up.

“Seriously.” She rubbed her eyes, Kai smiled and reached for her brush and handed it to her.

“If I didn’t do this you’d grill me for not waking you up and for not catching your flight to Jeju.”

Minah just yawned and pointed for the door for him to get out.

“Well good morning to you too, sweetie.”

 

Minho was already inside the private jet waiting for Minah to arrive, he was browsing through the day’s paper.

He saw himself and Minah on the news. He sighed and turned to the next article, there he saw an article about his cousin and Kai. The Kims had released a statement regarding their reltionship.

Minho remembered how Hyojeong and Kai hardly interacted with each other at the party. He also recalled how Kai and Minah interacted.

He had a feeling that something was wrong.

He heard some noise, then he finally saw Minah claiming her seat which was across his.

“We impressed them, Minho.” She said as she put her purse down and nodded at her secretary.

“You read the article?”

“I had to.” She shook her head as she asked for coffee from the flight attendant.

“I’ve discussed floor plans with my team last week. I’ll be presenting it later.” Minho said.

Minah nodded, then he saw the article he was reading.

“Oh, that was fast.” She murmured.

 

Kai slammed the folder on his desk. His two secretaries jumped lightly.

“Who gave you the permission to release something like that?” He boomed.

“Sir,…it was your mother, she called us~”

“For whom do you work for? For me or for my mother? You should have asked me before doing that.”

The two remained silent, Kai loosened his tie and walked to the floor length window.

“I want you to take back everything that has been released today.” He said in a low tone.

“But, director~”

“I’ll want the full article by my desk in an hour.” He said as he gestured for them to exit his office.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++