44

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

Sehun’s eyes widened.

“So that’s it?”

Kai looked at him.

“After all these years of being by her side, you just give up?!”

“Cant you see the way she is with Minho? It’s clear how she~”

“You never asked her about Choi Minho!”

“I don’t need to! I know her well enough!”

“Well does Choi Minho know her well enough? The trust she gives him is it the same amount of trust she has in you?”

“What are you saying?”

“You might not know this, but because of you and your fickleness, Minah’s been suffering as well!”

“If only you’ve been honest from the beginning, this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Sehun, Minah’s better off without me.”

“Why are you so sure about that?! You never asked her if she was better off without you!” Sehun spat before leaving.

 

 

Minah walked in her flat and was slightly surprised it was empty.

She looked at her couch, half expecting Kai to be there, lounging with a glass of wine.

She turned to the kitchen and looked at the dishes neatly piled together.

She felt her chest tighten as she remembered how many times Kai had cooked meals in her kitchen.

She shook her head. It has been two days since they last spoke. She had no idea where he was and what he was doing,

It was as if Kai never existed in her life.

“Maybe if I wasn’t around anymore you would be better off.”

Minah bit her lip.

“You idiot. Better off?” She muttered as she dropped her purse on the carpet and stepped out to her veranda.

 

Sehun winced as his father and uncle talked in front of him. Mr. Oh had flew right in from Japan while Minah’s father just came from Shanghai.

Both were very aggravated.

Why?

The company has been in a mess for almost a week. Minah wasn’t responding during meetings, sometimes she wouldn’t attend the BOD meetings and worst she always stepped back from talking about the venture at Jeju. It was like she just completely shut down.

“I cant believe this, what is wrong with her?!” The elder Kang sighed as he dropped the file on the desk with a thud. Sehun’s father frowned.

“I’m sure she’s just stressed by everything. Give her some time, hyung.”

“What will the Choi Group say? It’s like they’re the only ones who care about the Jeju project.”

Sehun remained silent on his seat.

“Where is Minah, son?”

“I called her earlier; she says she’s on her way, abeoji.”

 

Minho was waiting at the complex’s lobby for Minah.

Then she finally appeared.

“Na?”

Minah turned to him and smiled.

“Hey.”

“I just came to check on you. I heard you weren’t feeling well.”

Minah nodded and walked with him.

“A little, but I’m all fine now.”

“Then…..can we have some tea together? Just for a while.” Minho smiled at her.

Minah blinked.

 

“Sure, that sounds great.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++