18

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

Minah walked in the party wearing a purple A-line dress that showed a bit off her shoulders. As soon as she stepped in the place, people recognized her.

“Nice to see you here, Miss Kang.”

She smiled before looking around.

 

Minho was speaking with some of his colleagues when he saw Minah walk in the room. His heart did a little flip flop as soon as he saw her.

Then he saw his friend, Key step to Minah.

He blinked and followed him.

“It’s good to see you again.” Key said.

“Same here, it’s been a while.” Minah nodded.

“You know each other?” Minho asked.

“Yeah,we went to the same high school together.” Key threw him a conspirational wink. Minho nodded.

“It seems like a really big event.” Minah said to him.

“Well, sort of. Would you like something to drink?” Minho asked.

Key bit back his smile and stepped away from them.

 

Hyojeong exhaled as she saw people turn their gazes to Minah. Ever since she started to date Kai she knew how popular Minah was. It was a natural thing for people to look at her and praise her.

But now she felt a twinge of annoyance as she looked at her.

She never expected that Kai was in love with his best friend.

She knew of course how close they were. But she never realized that Kai saw her in a different way.

But she wasn’t going to give up easily. Kai was hers and she wanted to keep it that way.

 

Kai flexed his neck and wiped the sweat off his forehead with his towel. He was at one of the fitness facilities owned by Kangsan.

His brows furrowed as he looked at his phone.

His parents had been trying to contact him.

Apparently, he was needed at Japan for a week.

And he didn’t feel like going.

Another reason that was bothering him was Hyojeong, he knew what he did was wrong but he just cant risk it for her.

He took a seat on one of the padded seats and drank his water.

His thoughts wandered to Minah.

He smiled and shook his head.

 

Minah smiled politely as she held onto her wine glass. One of the guests had approached her and asked her about Kangsan’s new marketing strategy.

“It wasn’t all me, I had help from director Oh as well as our marketing team.” She said, truthfully, she was starting to get annoyed by the man’s nosiness.

“But it was all under your guidance, Miss Kang.” He chuckled.

Minah’s brow rose briefly and looked around.

“Tell me, Miss~”

“Oh, you were here. I have some friends who want to meet you.” Minho was standing beside her.

Minah nodded and excused herself.

As soon as they were far from the man, Minho looked at her.

“Sorry about that, Mister Lim can be really….”

“Nosy?” Minah filled in for him with a small smile. Minho chuckled and nodded.

“Yeah, that’s about it.”

Minah smiled and looked up at him.

She cant believe that this one guy could actually make her feel comfortable.

She remembered Kai, she bit back her smile. Somehow, she saw a little bit of Kai in Minho. He was a good businessman, like her friend, well minus the flirty side.

“These are my friends.” Minho said as he stopped walking, Minah looked up.

“You know Kibum.” Minho nodded.

“This is Jinki hyung, Jonghyun hyung and Taemin.”

Minah smiled politely and offered her hand.

“Nice to meet you, Minah-ssi.” Jonghyun said as he let go of her hand.

“Same here, I didn’t know~”

“Meens!” Hyojeong walked to them.

“…Hi, Hyojeong.” Minah blinked, she knew Kai still hadnt fixed things with her.

“Then, I heard you were working with Minho for a venture project at Jeju.” Onew started.

“Yes, I am.” Minah nodded.

“Ya, if its finally finished, you must bring us there.” Key said.

Taemin chuckled.

“Do I even have a choice?” Minho retorted.

Minah smiled and shook her head.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++