27

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

Minho introduced his fake girlfriend to his friends. Minah was chatting with Kibum, until she heard a familiar voice say,

“Son, you never told us about Hyojeong!”

Her eyes went immediately looking for Kai. She didn’t understand why Kai didn’t want to introduce Hyo to his parents, but she respected his decision.

“Is something wrong, Na?” Minho looked at her, Minah slowly unlooped her arm around his while looking around.

Taemin and Key grinned and looked away.

“Will you excuse me? I think I’m needed somewhere.” She said as she spotted her friend.

 

Kai stared at his parents.

“Ani, eomma, abeoji~”

“You should have told us. She’s a fine young lady, what were you thinking?” His mother complained.

“How did you…know?” He asked.

“She told us, aren’t you ashamed? She had to do it.”

Kai’s brows furrowed then he felt his anger starting.

“Jongin.” Minah’s hand was on his elbow.

“Good evening, auntie and uncle.” She greeted the elders while pressing on his elbow more.

“Minah-ya, do you know about this too? He’s been keeping his girl~”

“Right, uncle I have something to ask, it’s about the new financial strategy of your applicances department. It has been a while since a company has used that strategy.” Minah said, distracting the couple.

Kai’s father smiled.

“Well, you’re right, Meens. No one uses that strategy anymore. It’s all about the books. If you.....”

Minah looked at Kai and narrowed her eyes at him, then Kai stepped away.

 

Hyojeong saw Kai walking through the crowd, she smiled and walked up to him.

“Glad to see you’re back!” She said as she hugged him.

People turned and smiled at the couple.

Kai tensed and placed both of his hands and her arms and pushed her off him.

Hyojeong looked at him in confusion.

“Kai~”

“Look, I don’t want to talk to you right now.” He said before leaving.

Hyojeong watched as Kai walked out of the hall, she felt tears line her eyes and turned away.

 

Minah finally distracted the Kim elders enough, then she left the place.

She found Kai sitting on the hotel’s garden alone.

She rubbed her arms and walked to him, and plopped on the bench.

“Kai, I know you’re mad at her. But…there’s nothing you can do now.”

Kai eyed her dress warily and took off his coat and placed it around her.

“Talk to me, please.” Minah said, knowing full well how pissed her friend was.

“I just don’t like it when people go around my back you know.”

Minah’s brows furrowed and she leaned on her elbows.

“Well, if I have to be honest, what she did was quite tactless, but you should have done that long ago.”

Kai sighed.

“The thing is Meens, I never wanted to do that.”

“…I know.”

Kai looked at her in surprise.

“Look, I know you too well. It’s been almost a year since you started seeing her, even Jaejoong oppa has noticed it. It’s kind of clear how you’re thinking.”

Kai nodded.

“But I still don’t understand why you’re leaving Hyojeong hanging.”

“Meens~”

“If you don’t want to say it, it’s fine. Just…please be careful.” Minah smiled and bopped his forehead.

Kai chuckled.

“Sure, says the one who recently got in a scandal.”

Minah rolled her eyes and stood up.

“Now, let’s go back inside.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++