42

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

Minah looked at the food before her. They were inside a Western restaurant.

“Is this about last night? I apologize~”

“No, it’s not your fault. And it’s not about that.” Minah smiled before chewing.

“Things are bothering you.”

“No, I~”

“It wasn’t a question. It’s quite obvious.”

Minah looked at him.

“You looked really stressed. Is this about our..fake relationship?”

“Actually that thing comes in handy when it comes to rumors.” Minah said, trying to change the topic.

Minho smiled at her attempt and nodded.

“Well, we could use that as an excuse not to come back to work.”

Minah looked up.

“Let’s go out today.”

 

Kai’s eyes widened.

“I’m sorry, abeoji. But I can’t do that.”

Hyojeong’s fists curled on her lap.

“Kim Jongin.” His father looked at him warily. The elder Mins looked at their daughter.

“I can’t marry Hyojeong. Mr.Min, Mrs. Min, I’m sorry but I cant do it.”

“What are you thinking? Do you know how much this trouble you started could damage our company?” His father looked at him.

“This isn’t only about you, Jongin. Even Minah and the Choi Group are affected by this.”

At the mention of Minah, Kai winced.

Hyojeong bit back her smile, this was it like she planned. Kai was trapped.

“I will fix this in my own way.”

“Don’t be stupid!”

Jaejoong winced, then Kai stood up.

“You will marry her whether you like it not!” Mr. Kim stood up and glared at his son.

“Do whatever you want.” Kai spat before leaving.

 

Hyeojeong stood up and went after Kai.

Kai felt a hand on his shoulder then he stopped. Hyojeong was looking at him.

“Kai, what are you doing?”

“Hyo~”

“We can’t go against our parents, you know that.”

Kai frowned.

“I’m sorry, Hyo. I can’t marry you.”

“Is this about Minah again?!” Hyojeong felt tears line her eyes.

Kai’s eyes widened.

“I know everything, Kai. From you always protecting Minah and always being there for her.”

“Hyojeong-ah~”

“You’re in love with her.” She spat.

“Well, good thing you know. That way it wont be hard for me. Let’s break up.”

Hyojeong felt her stomach drop. This wasn’t going the way she planned. She wanted Kai to ask her not to tell Meens and instead go back to her.

“You know there’s nothing we can do about the engagement. Our parents will announce it.”

“I don’t care anymore.”

 

 

Minah walked in her office, she had refused to go out with Minho. She needed time alone. She didn’t know why she was so bothered with Kai.

This wasn’t like him. Kai was never the type to get mad with her for a long time.

Minah sighed and plopped on her seat. She grabbed her PC tab and switched it on.

“Meens?” Sehun was standing by her door. Minah nodded for him to come in. At the same time, she opened a window on her device.

Her eyes widened as she read the article.

Sehun placed the printed article on her desk.

“Here.” He murmured.

SAMSUNG’S DIRECTOR KIM JONGIN TO WED BY NEXT MONTH TO MIN BANKING GROUP!

“…..How…?” Minah looked at the paper and to her cousin.

Sehun looked away.

 

“It’s…impossible.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++